Anime/Manga fans (Otaku), watch this if you haven't!

ArcticFox

To glorify God, and enjoy him forever.
Sep 27, 2006
Japan
Visit site
✟17,152.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Many of you may know about this, but if you don't, you'll love the references and little asides giving to manga/anime fans in this series.

It's called Densha Otoko 「電車男」

The drama series (which is also a movie, and a book, and a play) is about a young man who happens upon a beautiful young lady in trouble on the train, and manages to "save her," and his later pursuits to win her over. I won't give away much else, but I'll tell you that it's based on a real life story, which was originally posted to a very popular Japanese message board. The book was one of those poster's efforts to concisely put together the relevant posts, and it reads like an old-school forum, post-by-post.

The drama series take a HUGE creative license by creating an entirely fictitious female lead and giving us insight into her completely fictitious life. In the movie, we see virtually nothing of the woman's life, and so it is more realistic to the true story, but unfortunately the movie seriously downplays the young man's "Otakuness" and barely even shows or mentions any anime or manga at all.

I highly recommend the drama. It's worth buying, for sure.

Here's a picture of what I have, minus the main figure from the series, Mina. I have that too :thumbsup:
2496521915_69e1a9c846_b.jpg