Loner

Dec 31, 2005
Mars =)
✟15,954.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Hello, I am a Sci-Fi/Fantasy Writer who has a little problem that I was wondering if you could help me out with. The storys I write about do not involve alot of human Charaters (Most them are certuers base my own art) so as a result if I was ever to get big engouf to make film base on of my books it would have to be animated. The Problem is that my storys are aimed for more mauter readers, not for kids witch most american animated films are aim for. I resently discover I could get away certeian things in Anime. There one problem, I nerver really got into Anime....sorry. So I am Asking is could sudjest some films some one that is new to the Genra.

My request in the films are, no really bad voice acting if posibal, its gotta to have a really good story amied for a older auidaince with cool charaters.

nuclear

Oct 24, 2003
✟272.00
Faith
Atheist
I would suggest Ghost in the Shell 1 and 2, as well as the Ghost in the Shell series Stand Alone Complex. Cowboy Bebop series and movie are classic. Neon Genesis Evangelion would also be a great watch. I would also suggest watching them with subtitles as you can rarely go wrong with Japanese voice-acting, which cannot often be said about its English counterparts.

I mean no offense by this, since I often misspell words, but as a writer it would be so much better for your presentation if you proofread and spell-checked your posts. :wave:

Upvote 0

coolkat1002

Jul 30, 2006
✟15,505.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Out of Anime I would say
FullMetal Alchemist
InuYahsa
and
Bleach

They all have some fantasy in them, FullMetal Alchemist has the whole alchemy deal(and some other things that I won't mention b/c it will ruin the plot), InuYahsa has Demons/half-demons, and Bleach has soul reapers(eh all most grim reaper ish people. sorta)

Upvote 0

SAint Mark

Jesus Freak
Dec 19, 2003
Sweden
Visit site
✟8,336.00
Faith
Christian
Since u are new to this u need to know... almost all dubs suck big time. Much better voice acting in the Japanese version so get used to subs, it does not take long and is SO worth it.

For MATURE audiance with a strong story etc.:

Ghost in the Shell (SciFi, movie, a classic).

Berserk (Fantasy, series, manga or anime, the anime is a bit old though. I'd suggest you read the manga.)

Claymore (Really good recent one for fantasy fans. Only fansubbed to ep 10 so far though, no dubs. It is not licenced yet as far as I know so you can download it if you want at sites that distribute nonlicenced anime fansubs for free like animesuki.)

Upvote 0