St. Petersburg, Florida
✟81,859.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Buying the DVD or Blu-ray. Or having a Netflix or Anime Network subscription.

The only sites that cater to legitimacy and include the dubbed versions are the ones run by the licensing companies themselves, and are subject to their whims. Simulcasting of the current season is never dubbed, even if it comes by way of the official licensors.

Upvote 0

Iamnewinchrist

A Student, Servant, and Child of God
Dec 19, 2012
✟9,052.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Qyöt27;62265138 said:
Buying the DVD or Blu-ray. Or having a Netflix or Anime Network subscription.

The only sites that cater to legitimacy and include the dubbed versions are the ones run by the licensing companies themselves, and are subject to their whims. Simulcasting of the current season is never dubbed, even if it comes by way of the official licensors.

Ahhhh! Understandable. Even then "netflix" only has major series with mostly "subbed" of what I like. Thank you Q.

Upvote 0

Qyöt27

AMV Editor At Large
Apr 2, 2004
St. Petersburg, Florida
✟81,859.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Well, if Netflix has just the subbed, chances are the official release was subbed only too. Netflix doesn't do the simulcasting deal, as far as I know - that's for Crunchyroll, Anime News Network, the official licensors (which is probably Sentai through Anime Network Online, and Funimation through their site), and things like Crackle - which I get through my Blu-ray player's Internet Video area. Crackle has a mixture of older (dubbed or not) series and simulcasted ones.

Upvote 0

Iamnewinchrist

Dec 19, 2012
✟9,052.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Qyöt27;62267043 said:
Well, if Netflix has just the subbed, chances are the official release was subbed only too. Netflix doesn't do the simulcasting deal, as far as I know - that's for Crunchyroll, Anime News Network, the official licensors (which is probably Sentai through Anime Network Online, and Funimation through their site), and things like Crackle - which I get through my Blu-ray player's Internet Video area. Crackle has a mixture of older (dubbed or not) series and simulcasted ones.[/quote

Thats a good Idea. I keep forgetting how many "channels" anime has to truly go through just to air in the us.

Upvote 0

CyberPaladin

Veteran
Dec 2, 2005
✟53,287.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Can anyone give me a list of any ligit "Dubbed Only" anime sites?

I don't know of any free ones I do use Funimation's youtube channel a fair bit if you can learn to tolerate subs it has entire series. Also Funimation's pretty good about putting up the first 1 or 2 episodes dubbed online so you can get a better idea what you're buying and there S.A.V.E. has some pretty good series for around 20 bucks.

Upvote 0

Iamnewinchrist

Dec 19, 2012
✟9,052.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
I don't know of any free ones I do use Funimation's youtube channel a fair bit if you can learn to tolerate subs it has entire series. Also Funimation's pretty good about putting up the first 1 or 2 episodes dubbed online so you can get a better idea what you're buying and there S.A.V.E. has some pretty good series for around 20 bucks.

Thats a good tip, Thank you CP! I usually tried to stay away from the sites, but sometimes you can find some good ones out there!

Upvote 0

Iamnewinchrist

Dec 19, 2012
✟9,052.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Here's another suggestion you can find some good deals on amazon both on new and used dvds from 3rd party sellers that are legit. Really you just need to use common sense on price and if the deal seems to good it probably is.

I'm still a bit "iffy" on the online buying, but this is true.

Upvote 0

Qyöt27

AMV Editor At Large
Apr 2, 2004
St. Petersburg, Florida
✟81,859.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Here's another suggestion you can find some good deals on amazon both on new and used dvds from 3rd party sellers that are legit. Really you just need to use common sense on price and if the deal seems to good it probably is.
And stay far, far away from eBay. Not because there's anything inherently wrong with that method of buying, but because it's where Chinese bootleggers congregate en masse. Occasionally they'll pop up in Amazon's Marketplace, but Amazon does a good job of getting them out of there. For eBay you've got to use a lot of sense and tips for spotting bootlegs (for reference) so you can avoid them.

Ordering online is best done through Amazon's main storefront and RightStuf. Digital purchases through iTunes are another option, if your computer is powerful enough to handle it (if it's even a remotely recent computer, you should be fine).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CyberPaladin

Veteran
Dec 2, 2005
✟53,287.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Qyöt27;62279830 said:
And stay far, far away from eBay. Not because there's anything inherently wrong with that method of buying, but because it's where Chinese bootleggers congregate en masse. Occasionally they'll pop up in Amazon's Marketplace, but Amazon does a good job of getting them out of there. For eBay you've got to use a lot of sense and tips for spotting bootlegs (for reference) so you can avoid them.

Ordering online is best done through Amazon's main storefront and RightStuf. Digital purchases through iTunes are another option, if your computer is powerful enough to handle it (if it's even a remotely recent computer, you should be fine).

eBay well I did learn alot about what to watch out for the hard way so yeah I'd stay away from eBay when it comes to anime and video games far away. On amazon I only buy either directly from amazon or ones that are listed as fullfilment by amazon and I haven't had any problems. Another option is F.Y.E. there new anime is kind of high priced but they also sell used dvds some of those are pretty reasonable.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F.y.e.

Upvote 0

CyberPaladin

Veteran
Dec 2, 2005
✟53,287.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Dude, thank you guys for the tips. Sometimes I know there are fleamarkets and such out there where I can find some decent deals, but like any bargain hunting it takes patience ;)

Personally I haven't had any luck at fleamarkets I've only ever seen 1 anime dvd at any of them it was the 3rd disc for G Gundam now I did have some luck when my local Blockbuster closed I got a copy Blood the last Vampire, Oh My Goddess: The Movie, and Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust all for $10.00. So that's something to keep in mind while it's typicialy small most video rental places do have a few anime titles usually movies.

Upvote 0

Iamnewinchrist

Dec 19, 2012
✟9,052.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Personally I haven't had any luck at fleamarkets I've only ever seen 1 anime dvd at any of them it was the 3rd disc for G Gundam now I did have some luck when my local Blockbuster closed I got a copy Blood the last Vampire, Oh My Goddess: The Movie, and Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust all for $10.00. So that's something to keep in mind while it's typicialy small most video rental places do have a few anime titles usually movies.

This is very true! I've had luck comic shops having sales as well on boc sets. Now I just have to keep an ear out when the next season of Fairy Tale comes out Dubbed. It may be against some peoples Anime "feelings" But I really don't like subbed only dubbed anime. I love the art, the story line, and the imagination.

Upvote 0

CyberPaladin

Veteran
Dec 2, 2005
✟53,287.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
This is very true! I've had luck comic shops having sales as well on boc sets. Now I just have to keep an ear out when the next season of Fairy Tale comes out Dubbed. It may be against some peoples Anime "feelings" But I really don't like subbed only dubbed anime. I love the art, the story line, and the imagination.

I don't like subs either I've grown to tolerate them because companies like Funimation put entire sub series online. I don't understand why people can't get the concept that if I'm watching tv show I've paid good money for that I want the bulk of the dialogue to spoken in a language I can understand.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Iamnewinchrist

Dec 19, 2012
✟9,052.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
I don't like subs either I've grown to tolerate them because companies like Funimation put entire sub series online. I don't understand why people can't get the concept that if I'm watching tv show I've paid good money for that I want the bulk of the dialogue to spoken in a language I can understand.

I definitely agree! I do love the Japanese Language though. For me I guess it's because when I was younger all I watched was pokemon, dragon ball z and such. They were all dubbed in english.

Upvote 0

Qyöt27

AMV Editor At Large
Apr 2, 2004
St. Petersburg, Florida
✟81,859.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I prefer subs simply because I got tired of hearing bad dubs, and/or the same small pool of vocal talent over and over and over again, and because I'm thoroughly used to subs due to a decade of watching fansubs.

Ironically, the older the series is, the more willing I am to hear it in dubbed form, regardless of how good or bad it is. Mostly nostalgia kicking in on that one, though. New series, though, I'll only put up with a dub if there's no other option (read: if I have Cartoon Network on to kill time).

Upvote 0

Iamnewinchrist

Dec 19, 2012
✟9,052.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Qyöt27;62286770 said:
I prefer subs simply because I got tired of hearing bad dubs, and/or the same small pool of vocal talent over and over and over again, and because I'm thoroughly used to subs due to a decade of watching fansubs.

Ironically, the older the series is, the more willing I am to hear it in dubbed form, regardless of how good or bad it is. Mostly nostalgia kicking in on that one, though. New series, though, I'll only put up with a dub if there's no other option (read: if I have Cartoon Network on to kill time).

Yep, same reasons just different sides. For me I can hear some of the same voices in the dubbed versions, but for the most pasrt it doesn't really get to me. Luckily toonami got brought back, and usually I've already seen all the episodes they show ;).

Upvote 0

CyberPaladin

Veteran
Dec 2, 2005
✟53,287.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Qyöt27;62286770 said:

Well that makes sense. I swear on the anime boards I always endup arguing with a bunch of weebos who think they can accurately judge the japaneese voice acting tone of voice and a couple dozen common words they've learned from watching subs.

I watched some anime as a kid but didn't know it at the time. I got into anime in college when they aired Gundam Wing for the first. Personally I've found the dubs aren't all that bad plus I like that I don't always have to be paying that close of attention.

Upvote 0

Iamnewinchrist

Dec 19, 2012
✟9,052.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Well that makes sense. I swear on the anime boards I always endup arguing with a bunch of weebos who think they can accurately judge the japaneese voice acting tone of voice and a couple dozen common words they've learned from watching subs.

I watched some anime as a kid but didn't know it at the time. I got into anime in college when they aired Gundam Wing for the first. Personally I've found the dubs aren't all that bad plus I like that I don't always have to be paying that close of attention.

Amen hahaha. The voice acting is pretty good in my opinion. Plus as long as the voicetrack is on point, it comes out very well and realistic. For an anime anyways ;)

Upvote 0