Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Animals don't have a will so they can't sin. The don't need a savior because they don't have an eternal soul and will not be going onto the next phase of heaven. This is the reason why God cares for humans so much-we are special in his eyes and have greater plans for us.

This is not true. Only humans need a savior because only humans ate fruit from the Tree of Knowledge. If a cat had eaten it, cats would know what sin is and need Jesus. Animals capable of thinking also have the ability to love and do love. They do have souls. The only thing missing is an ability to know and love God. I cannot understand why you doubt all animals with brains and hearts are able to love anything, including humans, or have their own thoughts and personalities that make them special.

Upvote 0

Daniel C

Nov 22, 2018
England
✟23,768.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
This is not true. Only humans need a savior because only humans ate fruit from the Tree of Knowledge. If a cat had eaten it, cats would know what sin is and need Jesus. Animals capable of thinking also have the ability to love and do love. They do have souls. The only thing missing is an ability to know and love God. I cannot understand why you doubt all animals with brains and hearts are able to love anything, including humans, or have their own thoughts and personalities that make them special.

That's exactly what the soul is for,either it is regenerated and we go to heaven or it is not and we go to Hell.

You are one of these people who view people lower than mankind. You may not admit it or even understand it but you do.

John
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Upvote 0

Daniel C

Nov 22, 2018
England
✟23,768.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Where is that (any of it) written in God's Word?

(Jesus said)
John
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Mankind needs a savior because man sinned. No other kind of animal sinned, so only people go to hell.

If animals don't go to hell, what do you think happens to them when they die? It would be go to heaven, of course, because they did not sin.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
John

What has this response got to do with my post (#39) that you responded to?

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Mankind needs a savior because man sinned. No other kind of animal sinned, so only people go to hell.

If animals don't go to hell, what do you think happens to them when they die?

That's a good question.

Do animals go to hell?

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
That's a good question.

Do animals go to hell?

We all know hell is for sinners. If animals went to hell, God would be a God of hate, not love.

God told us to take care of animals, right? So He would do what is right for Balaam's donkey.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
We all know hell is for sinners. If animals went to hell, God would be a God of hate, not love.

God told us to take care of animals, right? So He would do what is right for Balaam's donkey.

Yes, God Himself says in His Word, that hell is reserved for the devil and his angels, and those who sin, which is man who rejects the Savior.

Yes, God intervened with Balaam's donkey. Balaam was sinning abominably, which included abusing the donkey.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Do animals go onto the afterlife? Use scripture to support your point if you think they do please.

Are animals in heaven? Were animals present on the earth before sin entered the picture? Did God say, after creating the earth, the animals, etc. that it was "very good"?

God, clearly has an affinity for His creation, including animals. This was established and demonstrated before sin entered the picture. When sin is no longer present, and it, along with death is abolished and there is a new heaven and new earth, will animals be present, once again?

Revelations comes to mind. There is verse after verse about animals being there, with God.

In addition, what also comes to mind, is that Elijah was taken to heaven in a fiery chariot with fiery horses, for instance.

Reactions: Heavenhome
Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
(Jesus said)
John

Interesting that God created animals first, before man. He also said what man and beast would be eating.

Gen 1:29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.
Gen 1:30 And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.

God did not make animals in the beginning as part of keeping the environment balanced and the disposing of dead animals--- for nothing died. The very first thing Adam was given to do was to name the animals.

God filled the earth with all manner of creatures, flying, land, and water. Then He made only 2 humans. There was no death at the beginning. The eating of animals was allowed after the flood, for there was not much else.

Again, after the earth is remade--we will have animals. And again, there will be no death. They are not needed as scavengers in any way.

Isa_11:6 The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.
Isa_65:25 The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust shall be the serpent's meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the LORD.
God loves all His creations.
Yes, We are the ones made in His image, we are the ones He died for and therefor we are of greater value then animals. But God judges the heart---and, at the end, it is only man that will be sent to the lake of fire. No animal will. Hitler will be there--not his dog. We must place the salvation of man as supreme and when facing a decision between saving an animal or a man, we must choose the man. Because we don't know the heart. When God is faced with the same choice---he may not choose the man, but protect the animal instead. For if the choice is between a child rapist who will not ever change, or the life of a sparrow---he will choose the sparrow. We just don't have the knowledg to make that kind of choice.

Upvote 0

Daniel C

Nov 22, 2018
England
✟23,768.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Huh? Now you say you don't believe in God?

I was making the point that the people posting are not supporting their views with scripture or even reasoning it out. Of course I believe in God.

Can I sincerely ask you what you hoped to accomplish in this thread because all you have done is what all the other animal advocates have done with emotional based posts: Lower the status of humans and exaggerated the value of animals.

What's your goal here?

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I was making the point that the people posting are not supporting their views with scripture or even reasoning it out. Of course I believe in God.

Can I sincerely ask you what you hoped to accomplish in this thread because all you have done is what all the other animal advocates have done with emotional based posts: Lower the status of humans and exaggerated the value of animals.

What's your goal here?
"Animal advocates"? I'm not necessarily an "animal advocate" per se, i just believe that cruelty, especially of the wanton variety, are just wrong and evil. I believe that being cruel to man or animal is wrong, especially when that one is helpless and has no way or voice to defend or speak up for itself.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Daniel C

Nov 22, 2018
England
✟23,768.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
"Animal advocates"? I'm not necessarily an "animal advocate" per se, i just believe that cruelty, especially of the wanton variety, are just wrong and evil. I believe that being cruel to man or animal is wrong, especially when that one is helpless and has no way or voice to defend or speak up for itself.

Where has anyone done that brinny? I think you're not paying attention and you probably didn't read the OP like a lot of people don't so you are confused on the matter.

It's nice to see you finally show some regard for human well being although I suspect it's just tokenistic and done out of duty.

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Do animals go on to the afterlife? Use scripture to support your point if you think they do please.

There is no Scripture stating they go to hell. Revelation describes horses in heaven.

• Agree
Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single

What's your goal here?

Animal lovers do not lower the status of humans just because they think higher than you (rightfully so) of nonhuman animals. You just hate all animals except humans, right? That is how your posts appear to any person who loves at least one other animal species. The Bible is very clear that God loves all animals, and that starts before the verses you cited about man having dominion over the rest.

My goal is to correct your extremely flawed thinking that just because humans are given dominion and no Scripture supports making them inferior to any other animals God only loves and cares about people. The only way this can be true is if God only created people and their food, not wild animals and pets.

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Special,flying horses.

Flesh and blood cannot enter into the kingdom of heaven.

The horses are made of flesh and blood. Otherwise they would not be horses. Have you ever read about them? The Bible describes horses, not spirits of horses.

Upvote 0