Washington
✟688,673.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
You made me laugh my friend, when you say I would never try owning a lion or anything. They are very beautiful creatures. 1993, that seems to be about 27 years ago. Do you have any other favorite animals too? Fish, reptile, or amphian?

I love killer whales. They are beautiful majestic animals. I watch them on YouTube all the time. But still intimidating. If I was boating and came across an orca, I would probably have a heart attack.

But when it comes to pets, I am a cat person. I love kittens and cats. They are so cute.

Reactions: mlepfitjw
Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It has been 20 years nearly since you been to a zoo. Wow that is a very long time ago. Praire dogs are funny creatures, tortoise are very awesome creatures, especially if you have friendly pet owned one. Seals are so cute! Salmons? Do you ever like to go fishing any for them and throw them back in? You are right I forgot about the amphibian.
I have never fished for salmon. I admire their stamina and determination.

Upvote 0

The happy Objectivist

Jul 3, 2020
Center
✟65,919.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Is there something immoral about capturing animals and putting them in the zoo?

It has never truly bothered me. I have enjoyed seeing animals in the zoo. I even enjoy going to the Sea World. (I haven't been to those places in a while, for my disability prevents me). And I did not think about it until recently. I keep hearing from animal rights activist about how wrong that is. So, I was just wondering what your thoughts about it are.

I am thinking that maybe it is wrong. What are your thoughts?
I've always had a hard time going to the zoo, especially the elephant and the Gorilla exhibits. There's just too much intelligence in those eyes. I hate seeing them in those cages. The other animals don't bother me so much.

On my view, other animals don't have rights. That doesn't mean we should mistreat them. I would be in favor of a live cam in the jungle and a large monitor to watch them. I think that would be much better.

Upvote 0