• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

MariaJLM

Crazy Cat Lady
Aug 1, 2018
Calgary
✟50,815.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
CA-Others
I wasn't sure which forum to put this in so bear with me.

Firstly, some background information. I have a history of struggles with anxiety, depression, and likely PTSD(not officially diagnosed but all my symptoms match up).

Anyway, it honestly makes it very difficult to be a good Christian. I'm constantly angry and bitter, particularly towards people I deem as being ignorant. In fact, I outright dislike people entirely for the most part. Disliking them certainly makes it next to impossible to pray for them. Like, my mind simply tells me "why bother? they deserve whichever fate they get."

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I wasn't sure which forum to put this in so bear with me.

Firstly, some background information. I have a history of struggles with anxiety, depression, and likely PTSD(not officially diagnosed but all my symptoms match up).

Anyway, it honestly makes it very difficult to be a good Christian. I'm constantly angry and bitter, particularly towards people I deem as being ignorant. In fact, I outright dislike people entirely for the most part. Disliking them certainly makes it next to impossible to pray for them. Like, my mind simply tells me "why bother? they deserve whichever fate they get."
Yeah, I hear you. I have the same problems. Anger is a huge problem for me, too.

There is one prayer which helps me;

"Jesus, please save (so-and-so / person I'm angry at), and please save me, too!"

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm constantly angry and bitter, particularly towards people I deem as being ignorant.
Hi, Maria :) I am Bill :) Thank you for sharing such personal things with us :) Your post . . . even without anyone answering . . . can help us, because you do point out how it is wrong to look down on others who seem to be ignorant. And it is good to read how you admit that bitterness and anger of this sort are wrong.

So, in prayer, we can thank God that we know this, at least, though we need to do better. At least we know :)

Indeed God agrees with you!

"Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice. And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you." (Ephesians 4:31-32)

So, it is good that you see your need to become forgiving the way Jesus wants . . . in a loving way, "tenderhearted", I would say this means. So, whether or not we forgive is not only a thing of practice, but the quality of how we love in forgiving. And, though you now might feel a loss, God knows how much you care. So, trust Him about this >

"casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you." (1 Peter 5:7)

And now you have us with you, praying for you. So, you have gotten us here for a little family get-together with each other in prayer. So, thank you, God bless you howsoever He pleases now to prove Himself to you :pray::groupray::prayer:

• Informative
Reactions: MariaJLM
Upvote 0