Washington
✟16,144.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Does anyone else have problems with anger? I know a lot of people say that once you're saved you should put away anger, and it says it in the Bible, but I'm having problems with that. What's the best way to stop being angry? I mean I'm not saying that I'm angry all the time, but I can see that it's something that I've struggled with. A lot of the times I'm not even mad at a person, I just get frustrated with situations. Is it a sin to be frustrated? Anyways I'd just like to know if it's true that Christians really can't get angry with other people. I don't cuss or harm people, but I still have it in my head.

Pal Handy

Irregular Member
Jun 15, 2011
Southeast Michigan
✟20,508.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Does anyone else have problems with anger? I know a lot of people say that once you're saved you should put away anger, and it says it in the Bible, but I'm having problems with that. What's the best way to stop being angry? I mean I'm not saying that I'm angry all the time, but I can see that it's something that I've struggled with. A lot of the times I'm not even mad at a person, I just get frustrated with situations. Is it a sin to be frustrated? Anyways I'd just like to know if it's true that Christians really can't get angry with other people. I don't cuss or harm people, but I still have it in my head.
Anger is not the problem, it is what you do with it.
We all get fustrated and angry over things out of our control.

I found that when someone angers me I go to God ask Him
to forgive me and then I pray for that person.

You will find that if you use this approach the anger will diminish
and the prayers for others will increase and God will bless you.

It isn't alway about NOT doing something, like not getting angry but
most of the time it is rethinking the proper response to the anger and
having a positive response or reaction to whatever angered you
in the first place...

Ephesians 4:26
26 “Be angry, and do not sin”: do not let the sun go down on your wrath, 27 nor give place to the devil. 28 Let him who stole steal no longer, but rather let him labor, working with his hands what is good, that he may have something to give him who has need. 29 Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers. 30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. 31 Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice. 32 And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you.

Upvote 0

arj1981

Dec 17, 2003
✟1,843.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
When I was ur age, I struggled with anger too. You'll become more patient as you get older. If you don't like being angry so much, try to CONSCIOUSLY refrain from talking the next time you get angry. It really works (this is how I did it) but that first time is ALWAYS the hardest. You think it would be so fulfilling if you just got the last word in, sputtered the most hurtful things in that incident but the opposite is true. Afterwards, it gets easier and easier until you can train yourself to pause anytime you feel yourself about to act out in a way you'll later regret. That's the place I'm at. That's why a lot of people have told me I'm able to keep my composure no matter how heated a conversation gets. So try it if you have unresolved anger issues. It is a practical application/solution which just might work for you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

drobbyb

Jan 18, 2011
South Carolina
✟7,676.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The above two posts are spot on. Here we have scripture and testimony as to what works. I agree with the advice that arj1981 has shared. I used to have severe problems with anger too, and a method similar to this worked for me (although I slipped sometimes, but there is a learning curve).

Upvote 0

wayfaring man

Veteran
Jan 25, 2004
✟20,565.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Well there is a righteous form of anger...but that's not the one which we're told to forsake.

And he entered again into the synagogue; and there was a man there which had a withered hand.
And they watched him, whether he would heal him on the sabbath day; that they might accuse him.
And he saith unto the man which had the withered hand, Stand forth.
And he saith unto them, Is it lawful to do good on the sabbath days, or to do evil? to save life, or to kill? But they held their peace.
And when he had looked round about on them with anger, being grieved for the hardness of their hearts, he saith unto the man, Stretch forth thine hand. And he stretched it out: and his hand was restored whole as the other.
<-----> Mark 3:1-5

Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamor, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:
And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.
<-----> Ephesians 4:31+32

Run of the mill human anger is a defense mechanism stirred by ungodly fears, (which are usually coupled with being proudhearted), wherein one is fearful and indignant towards the thought of having to physically suffer, experience bodily harm or material/worldly loss.

And he said, Verily I say unto you, No prophet is accepted in his own country.
But I tell you of a truth, many widows were in Israel in the days of Elias, when the heaven was shut up three years and six months, when great famine was throughout all the land;
But unto none of them was Elias sent, save unto Sarepta, a city of Sidon, unto a woman that was a widow.
And many lepers were in Israel in the time of Eliseus the prophet; and none of them was cleansed, saving Naaman the Syrian.
And all they in the synagogue, when they heard these things, were filled with wrath,
And rose up, and thrust him out of the city, and led him unto the brow of the hill whereon their city was built, that they might cast him down headlong.
<-----> Luke 4:24-29

The cure for unrighteous anger is overcoming ungodly fears. And the key to overcoming ungodly fear is being united with God's Perfect Love, and the way to being united with God's love is to humble ourselves with Christ & His Holy Spirit.

There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that fears is not made perfect in love. <-----> 1st John 4:18

Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
<-----> Matthew 11:28+29

May The Lord Be Pleased !

wm

Upvote 0