• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Kywy

May 21, 2017
USA
✟22,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't know. I pray and read my bible but its a struggle. Sometimes i think i see God answering my prayers and telling me to seek Him but I still just think maybe I'm just tricking myself. Im asking God to change me and to help me know Him better. Anxiety and fear really keeps me from praying and meditating on Gods word was much as I need to. But i dont really know what i can do.

Upvote 0

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟143,312.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't know. I pray and read my bible but its a struggle. Sometimes i think i see God answering my prayers and telling me to seek Him but I still just think maybe I'm just tricking myself. Im asking God to change me and to help me know Him better. Anxiety and fear really keeps me from praying and meditating on Gods word was much as I need to. But i dont really know what i can do.
I think this is excellent. That is exactly where God wants us, I think - humble and seeking Him. Not fearful and anxious, of course - although I do think sometimes that helps keep us humble (kind of like a "thorn in the flesh") even though in itself it's not a healthy thing. I think sometimes, those of us with OCD have to act as if our obsessions are not true, trusting that they aren't true, and moving forward even though we FEEL like they're true. Of course, when we're obsessing about religious things, reading the Bible and praying is hard. I think it's important to keep pushing ourselves to do it, but maybe in manageable amounts, giving ourselves a little extra grace because of our mental struggles. It's OK to work our way into doing more and more, instead of expecting ourselves to be able to do it "perfectly" all at once. After all, growing in God is a process. But I think He LOVES when we seek Him. Even to the rebellious Israelites, who kept turning away from Him, rebelling, and complaining, it seems like His message is always, "Return to me! I want to bless you!" (Isaiah 55:1-2, Jeremiah 29:13) God is truly amazing - it's just hard, in our obsessive fears, to see that sometimes. But He is.

Upvote 0

zachariahjosephturner

Jesus saves
Sep 8, 2014
✟60,639.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I hate this crap I speak and think Blasphemous thoughts constantly I can't stop myself..... It has become a habit that I cannot stop....... I'm controlled by something I used to have a wonderful relationship with Christ now I don't very unhealthy

Last edited:
Upvote 0

zachariahjosephturner

Jesus saves
Sep 8, 2014
✟60,639.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That's how mine came about is Walking with the Lord even preaching in churches but yet out of nowhere urges to say in to think things against the Holy Spirit!! I don't really believe in OCD as much as I believe that it's demon spirits that are behind it no one can tell me that when I was walking close to the Lord had a wonderful relationship all of a sudden I started getting Blasphemous thoughts out of nowhere it was demon Spirits that came to herass me and make me loose faith....now maybe at one point in time from me day and night constantly obsessing fearful of committing the unpardonable sin due to thoughts and feelings maybe it did escalate into a mental struggle or mental illness so to speak........ but in the beginning I know full well it was demon Spirits But as time went on and I obsessed and didn't want to thank the Blasphemous thoughts well the more I thought them so yes maybe 2-3 years into it it became a mental illness as far as a therapist I do not have the money at the time as far as medication I wouldn't even know where to begin I've took in Citalopram which made my symptoms a hundred times worse I took Prozac which didn't do a thing but maybe there's something out there......... really knowing it's demon Spirits behind it all I do believe they can affect our minds so to speak where is some people can have thoughts and dismiss them almost immediately others have thoughts in the more they try not to think them the more they do think them demon Spirits are very smart they come to harass and to cause harm against God's children I trust in God more than any therapist and or medication I'll be at the same time I do believe in getting a therapist and medication I hope to find a trustworthy therapist in the future one who has a good head on their shoulders and isn't full of garbage that stand on the word and the promises of God

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟143,312.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Any good therapist should be willing to work with your beliefs and not ask you to do things that go against your convictions, even if they themselves are not a Christian. If you're getting a therapist for your OCD, it's important to find one who actually knows how to treat OCD, especially one who knows how to use ERP therapy.

Upvote 0