Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Did anyone see Andy Stanley's sermon last week?
I didn't understand and was hoping someone could explain it to me. It will be continued today.
He said it wasn't Jesus that was on the cross. He continued saying many things and said that he was a learned scholar and knows more on it with all his studies then most Christians. I don't know if you remember his father died recently and this is no way what c. Stanley was about. I have a feeling he agreed not to preach on this tii his father was gone. I want to understand where he was coming from last week
. If you saw it please tell me.
Thanks.
PS staff, please move this if it's in the wrong place
Thanks.
Happy Sabbath everyone:)

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I didn't understand and was hoping someone could explain it to me. It will be continued today.
He said it wasn't Jesus that was on the cross. He continued saying many things and said that he was a learned scholar and knows more on it with all his studies then most Christians. I don't know if you remember his father died recently and this is no way what c. Stanley was about. I have a feeling he agreed not to preach on this tii his father was gone. I want to understand where he was coming from last week
Thanks.
Thanks.
He teaches the heretical view that Jesus did not die on the cross, but instead ascended into heaven without dying. This view is known as docetism. Maybe stay away from him. Blessings.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Wings like Eagles

Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2013
Arizona
✟215,653.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am and was a big fan of Dr. Charles Stanley, met him a number of times.

I have watched Andy Stanley a few times, but subscribing here to gain more information as my kids follow his (Andys) teachings.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I don't really know who Andy Stanley is, but that sounds troubling for anyone who calls themselves a pastor to say something like that.

It sounds like Docetism, as another poster mentioned. But I feel like I'd want more context.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Sir Joseph

Site Supporter
Nov 18, 2018
Southwest
✟92,799.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thanks.
Thanks.

I keep notes on false teachers and preachers, based upon my own verified read or watch encounters. Here's my limited info on Andy Stanley:

He's an influential pastor of Atlanta NP Ministries that discounts the Old Testament historicity and importance.

Given his rejection of the Bible's authority like many liberal theological seminaries, teachers, and preachers today, I would not give any credibility, time or attention to his sermons. Find an evangelical Christian source that actally believes the faith's foundational scriptures.

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟353,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Thank you all for your thoughts. I pop in on him sometimes and he's not like any other teacher. I followed his father tell he passed. There is no resemblance in their teachings. But last week's teachings wasn't close to his usual unless i really missed the mark. I do wonder how anyone can just dismiss the cross teachings.. unless i missed him today he's due to come on. I do want to see where he goes from. Here. I have no interest in following him i just want to understand what he's talking about. It's funny as I've never understood him:)
Thanks again to all!

• Friendly
Reactions: Gentle Lamb
Upvote 0