Not all who wander are lost
Jun 29, 2004
Visit site
✟34,832.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
hmm...I think we need to do a study of that lest we become people who cross the street rather than be seen in the company of sinners.

Naturally, I AGREE with the Scripture, but I am wondering how do we do that without being Pharissees.

Lisa
I don't think that we need to worry about crossing the street... if we reprove the works of darkness, it'll more likely be the sinners who don't want to be seen with us and they'll be crossing the street :)

Upvote 0

Simon_Templar

Not all who wander are lost
Jun 29, 2004
Visit site
✟34,832.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
it has probably been pointed out,

BUT, this passage is talking about WORKS, not people... its not telling you, "don't be seen in the company of a sinner"

It IS telling you, "reprove evil deeds when people do them".

A point worthy of being made here, is if you are never in the company of sinners.. you won't be able to reprove their deeds because you won't be present to witness them, or address them.

Upvote 0

MrJim

Legend 3/17/05
Mar 17, 2005
FEMA Region III
✟42,622.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
it has probably been pointed out,

BUT, this passage is talking about WORKS, not people... its not telling you, "don't be seen in the company of a sinner"

It IS telling you, "reprove evil deeds when people do them".

A point worthy of being made here, is if you are never in the company of sinners.. you won't be able to reprove their deeds because you won't be present to witness them, or address them.

Also addressed earlier is the nature of those calling themselves brethren yet engaging in evil deeds~these are the ones to not associate with.

But to ask again "What fellowship has light with darkness"?

Upvote 0