Anchor Babies

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My son was about 10 when we watched a news story on immigration issues.

He made the analogy of the border being the front door of your house.
You lock it to be safe.
I understand, but remind him of this incident when we "locked" that front door:

SS St Louis: The ship of Jewish refugees nobody wanted - BBC News

The U.S. Government Turned Away Thousands of Jewish Refugees, Fearing That They Were Nazi Spies | History | Smithsonian

How America’s rejection of Jews fleeing Nazi Germany haunts our refugee policy today

Upvote 0

angeltrue

May 6, 2016
NJ
✟27,118.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That is a tragedy, but the op was talking about "anchor babies" where someone can drop a baby on US soil and become eligible for 18 years of entitlements. That's an abuse of taxpayers.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That is a tragedy, but the op was talking about "anchor babies" where someone can drop a baby on US soil and become eligible for 18 years of entitlements. That's an abuse of taxpayers.
I understand why you think that. But look at the issue historically. There were advantages for having children on US soil. And it helped to build the country.

And what other system do you want in place?
2 generations born on US soil? 3? 4?

Upvote 0

Apr 3, 2017
None
✟30,626.00
Country
Zimbabwe
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I understand why you think that. But look at the issue historically. There were advantages for having children on US soil. And it helped to build the country.

Legal immigration.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Legal immigration.
That is not citizenship.

How many generations must be born here before the children are "native born" citizens?

Upvote 0

Apr 3, 2017
None
✟30,626.00
Country
Zimbabwe
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That is not citizenship.

How many generations must be born here before the children are "native born" citizens?

2015 figures.

According to Center for Immigration Studies (CIS) legal policy analyst Jon Feere, who testified before the House Judiciary Committee’s Subcommittee on Immigration and Border Security in April, between 350,000 and 400,000 children are born annually to an illegal-alien mother residing in the United States — as many as one in ten births nationwide.

No illegal entry and subsequent birth = no citizenship granted to illegals for delivering a child here.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No illegal entry and subsequent birth = no citizenship granted to illegals for delivering a child here.
You did not answer the question. How many generations?

Upvote 0

Apr 3, 2017
None
✟30,626.00
Country
Zimbabwe
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You did not answer the question. How many generations?

Sorry I didn't snap to it.

I never really thought about it. I would suppose the child born here while the mother being here legally would be considered a citizen.

What are your thoughts on the matter?

Upvote 0

angeltrue

May 6, 2016
NJ
✟27,118.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

No, today it has evolved into something far different that the original intent. Countries actually have classes on how to time a travel visa to have your baby on US soil. And why should women be allowed to have a baby here, and expect everyone else to support it? We postponed having children until we had stability and enough money to support them.

If you want to work into your 70's to support anchor babies, you can do so, but the entire country shouldn't be forced into this gunpoint charity.

We can hardly hold ourselves up - we're sick of holding everybody else up.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I never really thought about it. I would suppose the child born here while the mother being here legally would be considered a citizen.
OK - a mother giving birth is here illegally, but her child grows up (with out ever applying for citizenship) and has a child. Should that child (grandchild of the immigrant) be considered a citizen or not?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Apr 3, 2017
None
✟30,626.00
Country
Zimbabwe
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
OK - a mother giving birth is here illegally, but her child grows up (with out ever applying for citizenship) and has a child. Should that child (grandchild of the immigrant) be considered a citizen or not?

In my opinion, the offspring of illegal immigrants are also illegal immigrants and should not be eligible for citizenship.
It sounds harsh and it's not the child's fault, but where would it end?
Crime should not be rewarded, regardless of the criminal or benefactor.

Did you answer my question?

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

angeltrue

May 6, 2016
NJ
✟27,118.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That I have no use for that either. The parents should be working to support their own children.
You're right, the parents should be working to support their own children. Not just women trying to use the anchor baby ploy, but citizens in this country too. How did the intent of the law be grotesquely skewed to where someone thinks they can have a baby, and have everybody else support it? And what kind of skewed government allows this to go on?

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And what kind of skewed government allows this to go on?
Any system that can be put in place will eventually be hacked by someone.

Upvote 0

angeltrue

May 6, 2016
NJ
✟27,118.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's what's weird , the same thing has been being done for over a hundred years - o'b was just a mere speck after the tsunami....
he couldn't do anything that wasn't already set up for many decades,
but he was a scapegoat, a distraction(like isis and islam) a distraction from the evil power of the prince of the power of the air (recognized 50 years ago and more, by survivors from the holocaust) - Corrie ten Boom did what she could here in the united states and she WARNED the churches here so long ago bout all this happening bad... and they lollypopped it , "bless me bless me" , and ignored the threat and the danger she exposed.

The one , no the two, most obvious widely acknowledged signs of the downfall that had ALREADY happened in america was (1) taking prayer and the ten commandments out of school.
and (2) abortion.

Many other things likewise seen since 1902 have shown the downfall of america (not that it was doing so good before then either ! )
What on earth happened? Why wasn't Planned Parenthood defunded? What is wrong with Republicans? I hope everyone contacts their reps.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

KWCrazy

Apr 13, 2009
Bowling Green, KY
✟82,877.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If you are born to US citizens you are American. If you are born to Mexican citizens you are Mexican. If you are born while travelling, it should have no bearing on who you are. If you come to America illegally to have a baby on American soil, you should be prosecuted and deported. The child can only be American if one parent is American. That's the way it should be. The Constitution was NOT written to include other nations.

• Agree
Reactions: 381465
Upvote 0

angeltrue

May 6, 2016
NJ
✟27,118.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you are born to US citizens you are American. If you are born to Mexican citizens you are Mexican. If you are born while travelling, it should have no bearing on who you are. If you come to America illegally to have a baby on American soil, you should be prosecuted and deported. The child can only be American if one parent is American. That's the way it should be. The Constitution was NOT written to include other nations.
I agree - but how much money is being funneled - even today - to women who travelled to the US to drop a baby and are getting 18 years of entitlements? If people contacted their legislators and demanded an accounting and stopped these entitlements we would have enough money to rebuild the crumbling infrastructures, a national debt that has our children and grandchildren enslaved, and many of the other necessities, as well as freeing aging taxpayers from having to work into their 70's to support these women and their kids.

We never had children and expected someone else to support them. This is a form of slavery, and should be seen for what it truly is - Americans have been enslaved to support these aliens - and many irresponsible American women who reproduce and expect others to foot the bill.

Then you have Rubio and his gang of eight who have us paying for college for aliens kids. What kind of insanity is that? I'm for helping people, but who is really the group that needs help? What about aging Americans praying their heart doesn't give out until they make it to retirement?

Is Rubio thinking about my husband getting up at 3:15 a.m. and trudging off to work with a bad back and two bad knees, and digging in ditches in his 60's? Why does Rubio want us to pay for aliens college? And I know of at least one case of fraud in that program. There has to be more. How was that law passed?

I fear as Christians, many think all they have to do is pray, and I don't believe that is how God intends it. Legislators have put more and more and more on taxpayers, and until people speak out, nothing will change. Silence is interpreted as assent. As Christians, we should be the most proactive people because we, more than anyone, should discern truth and fairness, and the way taxpayers, particularly older taxpayers, are being abused.
"Do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if you are to judge the world, are you not competent to judge trivial cases?" Corinthians

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
This is a form of slavery, and should be seen for what it truly is - Americans have been enslaved to support these aliens
The highest powers on earth, powered and directed by the prince of the power of the air, made sure this happens(-ed). It has been the plan for over a century.

Upvote 0

angeltrue

May 6, 2016
NJ
✟27,118.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The highest powers on earth, powered and directed by the prince of the power of the air, made sure this happens(-ed). It has been the plan for over a century.
How do you see as a way to fight it? There is so much insanity - my husband & I get annoyed just discussing the horrible things going on in government. Growing up, my parents had faith in legislators - now, no one does.

Upvote 0