Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Most of you people are so paranoid that you don't even post the state you live in...... yet you freely give your DNA to what amounts to a Government database?! Don't you know that the USA sends spies to other countries to subversively collect the very thing you just handed them?

Ummmmmm...i didn't think about that. Thanks for the warning. i need to pray about this.

Upvote 0

blessedmomof5

Contributor
Jan 4, 2005
ny
✟79,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I also did AncestryDNA!
Kids gave it as a gift for Christmas!
I have a little different of a story, my GMA, always said her parents died when she was 15 and she had no family.
Lived in RI, gave details on her parents, what they did for Work, etc... said she was English...
I get my matches back and the first match is a 2nd cousin 100% match never heard of him before I look down a little and there it was, my grandmothers maiden name.
I reach out to him,
He responds immediately telling me my grandmother’s and sibling’s have been searching for her ever since she left all those years ago.
She actually lived in Massachusetts right on the border of RI, long story . But there was a whole family out there who had been searching and had I not done my DNA, I never would have found what really happened!
Oh she wasn’t English! lol

• Friendly
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I also did AncestryDNA!
Kids gave it as a gift for Christmas!
I have a little different of a story, my GMA, always said her parents died when she was 15 and she had no family.
Lived in RI, gave details on her parents, what they did for Work, etc... said she was English...
I get my matches back and the first match is a 2nd cousin 100% match never heard of him before I look down a little and there it was, my grandmothers maiden name.
I reach out to him,
He responds immediately telling me my grandmother and her sibling have been searching for her ever since she left all those years ago.
She actually lived in Massachusetts right on the border of RI, long story . But there was a whole family out there who had been searching and had I not done my DNA, I never would have found what really happened!
Oh she wasn’t English! lol
Hi; if there's adoption somewhere there it makes it much more complex from the point of view of genealogy!

So do your daughters also take an interest in the ancestry research? :)

Upvote 0

blessedmomof5

Contributor
Jan 4, 2005
ny
✟79,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi; if there's adoption somewhere there it makes it much more complex from the point of view of genealogy!

So do your daughters also take an interest in the ancestry research? :)
No she left because her father was a drunk and would beat her the worst!
I think there might be more, but maybe it’s best not to know.
She had 3 sisters and a brother
Who btw is still living.

• Friendly
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No she left because her father was a drunk and would beat her the worst!
I think there might be more, but maybe it’s best not to know.
She had 3 sisters and a brother
Who btw is still living.
Sometimes decades later the complexities of the past seem curiously distant; and sometimes the family members will become amenable to relatives' contacting and doing ancestry research.

Seems that some young ppl do take a great interest in it; others, none whatsoever! :)

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married