• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

An idea for people that SI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cerulean_Butterfly

Learning to fly...
Feb 25, 2004
In your closet... Armed. =P =D
✟33,635.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
Hey, This is for people who Self Injure. If you've gone awhile without hurting yourself... you deserve a reward. So, here are some rewards for going a week or above without hurting yourself. If you've gone more than two years you can put more than one. Just right click on them, click properties, copy the link and paste in on your sig. make sure to add the tags! ;) :hug: s

Jo. :hug:

[COLOR=Red]PS. There are more in the posts below!!!! [/COLOR]

[IMG]http://img91.exs.cx/img91/9188/week.gif
980.gif

Reactions: sparrow

Cerulean_Butterfly

Learning to fly...
Feb 25, 2004
✟33,635.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
I have one on mine!!! :) And keep going hun. You can do it... i know you can. And you're right, i care about ya'll alot!! You guys deserve reward if you make it a week or more. Thats an awesome accomplishment! And you'll get there hun. I know you will... just keep your head up.. and FIGHT THOSE TEMPTATIONS as hard as you can!! You'll make it. It was VERY hard for me to make it 30 days... but i did... and im gonna try to make it 60. It wont be easy... but im still gonna try. :) :hug: s love ya,

JO. :hug:

Upvote 0

ark_angel

Nov 13, 2004
North Dakota
Visit site
✟15,320.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would like to thank you also, although I too don't qualfy yet, but I wil keep them in mind for when I do,
I feel really bad because, I think it might have been you that said this,
but someone said that my 2 1/2 days was a great accomplishment, by the time I had read that, I had already lost that, it has now only been a few hours.:cry:but I am working on it and I look forward to my reward!!!
Thank you again
ark_angel

Upvote 0

Cerulean_Butterfly

Learning to fly...
Feb 25, 2004
✟33,635.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
You are also welcome sweetie. :hug: I care about all of you guys so much. Because I know what its like to feel uncared about... and it SUCKS. I know. So i want you guys to know how much i care. And that your NOT alone in this... there are MANY people struggling with it to. Like me! 2 1/2 days ARE an accomplishment. It takes alot to restrain from this horrible addiction. And any amount of time you go without hurting yourself is an accomplishement. I am proud of you for making it 2 and 1/2 days. even if you slipped. I am still very proud of you for making it that far. Just think of it this way... tomorrow is a new day. And everyone makes mistakes hun. I know its hard... but i belive in you guys. Great Job hun. Stay Strong! big :hug:

Jo :hug:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Godlovesusall

Apr 12, 2004
St. John
✟7,916.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Don't worry Jo. Tomorrow is a new day as you said earlier in this post. The next second is a new second, the next minute is a new minute, and the next hour is a new hour. Writing this is in the past with each letter typed. Don't think about it, it happened earlier. Just think about the minutes and hours to come. You will make it through. God will give you the strength not to cut yourself. Don't forget to praise yourself if you don't cut yourself in the next hour. And if you do, forget about it. Let it slide, it is okay. Start from scratch. Good luck! God Bless!!!

Love, your Sis in Christ,
D.

Upvote 0

ark_angel

Nov 13, 2004
North Dakota
Visit site
✟15,320.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just some more encouragement for ya. You can do, you can do it!!:thumbsup: Jut keep going strong, I know what it feels like to go back to day one, as you know. Just keep from thinking about how you've done wrong again, but think about getting back on the right track, I know I have trouble with that, and as some people have told me, (haven't tried it yet, but they say it works), everytime you feel the urge to cut yourself hold a piece of ice in your hand, it is painful but there is no perminant damage, another thing they suggested is to have a rubberband around your wrist and snap it whenever you feel like cutting, but they say that one really hurts. Anywayz, good luck, and may God help you through this, there are a lot of us going through this right now, so you have a big support group, I know it helps, trust me. Anywayz I will be praying for you, and I know there are others praying for you. :groupray: You can talk to me anytime if you need to just as others have offered. Remember God still loves you!:amen:
God bless,
ark_angel

Upvote 0

lanie

Nov 10, 2004
Home is Northumberland, Work the Lake District, ba
Visit site
✟7,717.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I think this is a great idea! unfortunatly I don't qualify as its only been 2 days and I also don't qualify for a signature yet! Congratulations to those who do/have managed to acheive one and to those who haven't you can do it!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

amazed_by_grace

Aug 29, 2004
Ireland
✟505.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't qualify yet since its only been about one day but thanks so much for the encouragement to stop! I'll tell you guys, I stopped for over 6 months. It can be done! Because our God is greater.. He really is.. I realised that I didn't need to hurt myself.. Jesus went through that pain for me on the cross. I didn't need to bear the pain of my own sin anymore.. stay strong you guys, you CAN do it by His strength cause He loves you too much to see you cry...

Upvote 0

EB812

Sep 14, 2004
✟15,139.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I've now not self harmed for 5 weeks. God is so faithful and has helped me so much when I have let Him. For about the first 4 weeks I had no desire to cut at all-I really thought that God had completely changed my mind and my heart. However this week I have struggled every night with the temptation to cut but I haven't. Praise God! i long for a day when I don't want to harm myself and I wonder if it will ever come. I know right now that I have to take each day as it comes and one day at a time.
I started cutting 7 years ago and in that time I did have a period of 11 months when I didn't cut at all. i want this time to be different. I want never to cut again but I have said that so many times and have failed so many times. I know that it can be done it is incredibly hard but God is greater than all things. Keep strong and keep going.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.