up there
✟306,518.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
but it won't be wiped out completely. The Lord always leaves a remnant.
Yes for good or bad .... otherwise it would have been forgotten long ago. Sometimes the enemy is the best advertisement to remint mankind there is a God whether they claim to represent Him or just use Him.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟719,091.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yes for good or bad .... otherwise it would have been forgotten long ago. Sometimes the enemy is the best advertisement to remint mankind there is a God whether they claim to represent Him or just use Him.
The enemy is deceitful .... presenting himself as an angel of light.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,518.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The enemy is deceitful .... presenting himself as an angel of light.
Of course.. as do politicians. But the thing with evil is it has no choice but to promote God, whether in being against one or passing itself of as him. God still wins.

Upvote 0

Chaleb

Mar 10, 2023
Florida
✟4,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Were the scriptures withheld from the masses for centuries because they posed a stumbling block to Christianity itself?

The word of God was withheld from the "masses" so that the "Dark Ages" could continue.
This was created by the Cult that kept the word of God from the "masses".....for that purpose.

Upvote 0

Chaleb

Mar 10, 2023
Florida
✟4,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Interesting how what was meant to be a shining light could produce such.

Yes.

"The DEVIL masquerades as an angel of LIGHT"... .and "His Ministers, cults, denominations, pretend to be ministers of righteousness".

They ALL talk a lot about SELF righteousness,= water baptism, TULIP, commandments and law, "but DENY the POWER Thereof".

The Cross of Christ is the power of GOD, unto salvation.

So, what you do, to discover these people and their cults is notice one thing...

What is the EMPHASIS.
Where do they place the emphasis when they talk, teach, preach, about Salvation.

A.) None of them teach the Cross of Christ as what saves you and Keeps You Saved.

B.) They always ADD to the Cross........water, works, commandment keeping and law, and self effort.

And when you add to the Cross, you deny it., absolutely.

Reactions: Rapture Bound
Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,518.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
And when you add to the Cross, you deny it., absolutely.
Don't forget these took Christianity down a different path and back into the world when they joined forces with the secular governments of man in a similar style. One even today sets itself up as a kingdom of man while another is owned and propped up by royalty.

Upvote 0

Chaleb

Mar 10, 2023
Florida
✟4,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Don't forget these took Christianity down a different path and back into the world when they joined forces with the secular governments of man in a similar style. One even today sets itself up as a kingdom of man while another is owned and propped up by royalty.

And something else to consider.

Lets say i met a person on the Street....

I say....>"Are you a Christian"..

And they say....>"Yes, im a Calvinist"... 'Yes, Im a Catholic"..

A.) I didnt ask them if they were their denomination, or cult, or idol.

See it?

"be not deceived".

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,518.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
A.) I didnt ask them if they were their denomination, or cult, or idol.
One only has to look here on the threads to see people are more quick to defend their denomination that the Kingdom. It is like politics, it keeps one from seeing further, and creates a house divided.

Upvote 0

Chaleb

Mar 10, 2023
Florida
✟4,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One only has to look here on the threads to see people are more quick to defend their denomination that the Kingdom. It is like politics, it keeps one from seeing further, and creates a house divided.

Here is a surprise for them timothyu,

1.) In Heaven....there are NO Denominations...

Or as i like to tell the audience.... = Man made denominations......God made CHRISTians.

2.) There are none of these in Heaven.... :

no Catholics
no Baptists
no Mormons
No Popes
no JW's
No Presbyterians
No Methodists
No Assembly of God
No Pentecostals
No Episcopalians
No Bereans
No Calvinists

Did i leave your's out reader? =
______________.?

3.) So, who is in Heaven?

GOD The Father
Jesus
The Holy Spirit
The Host of Heaven
The Born Again

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟719,091.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Of course.. as do politicians. But the thing with evil is it has no choice but to promote God, whether in being against one or passing itself of as him. God still wins.
Evil does not promote God .... evil's intent is to destroy God's people .... God can not be destroyed ... and the devil knows he has lost .... so satans intent is destruction of mankind and that certainly is not promoting God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟719,091.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Who did they walk and talk with? Yet the tree was there in contrast to the will of God. The opposite was there and God himself set Himself apart from it.

There were two trees .... they had choice ... their choice separated them from God ... the tree of life was removed else sin would become eternal.

Sin (rebellion towards God) started in heaven ... not on earth.

God gives all His intelligent beings choice. They (lucifer and the 1/3) had choice and chose to separate themselves from God. He gave them over to their choices.

Choices made .... God will give all over to choices made whether the choice leads to death (for eternity) or life (for eternity) ... either is the result of choices made.

True Love requires choice ... it can not be forced.

God is Love.

God gives us the free choice and free will to live our lives the way we desire. That gift of freedom is the greatest gift that He can give to His created intelligent beings.

Galatians 5

13 You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh ; rather, serve one another humbly in love.

14 For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”

Freedom and how one chooses to use it.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,518.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
There were two trees .... they had choice ... their choice separated them from God ... the tree of life was removed else sin would become eternal.
Yes but I don't understand how that relates to what I said.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟719,091.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It wasn't that God put a tree of good and a tree of evil for a contrast .... the trees represent the freedom to choose He gives to all ....
freedom and how one uses that freedom

The trees represent choice and put here for that reason .... not contrast .... contrasts were not known until the choice was made.

1 It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,518.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
It wasn't that God put a tree of good and a tree of evil for a contrast .... the trees represent the freedom to choose He gives to all ....
freedom and how one uses that freedom
Regardless the tree represented the opposite of God, which is what the post was about.

Upvote 0

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Here is a surprise for them timothyu,
1.) In Heaven....there are NO Denominations...
Or as i like to tell the audience.... = Man made denominations......God made CHRISTians.
2.) There are none of these in Heaven.... :
no Catholics
no Baptists
no Mormons
No Popes
no JW's
No Presbyterians
No Methodists
No Assembly of God
No Pentecostals
No Episcopalians
No Bereans
No Calvinists
Did i leave your's out reader? = ______________.?
3.) So, who is in Heaven?
GOD The Father
Jesus
The Holy Spirit
The Host of Heaven

The Born Again
I could not agree more but there may be some who previously belonged to some of those groups.
I utilize a similar analogy. When someone cites a vs. such as Gal 3:8 as a proof text that God will save all mankind, even after death.
Galatians 3:8
(8) And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.​
There ain't no nations in the grave, sheol or hades only individual corpses.

Reactions: Jesus is YHWH
Upvote 0