Undisclosed
✟59,795.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I also think Proverbs 31 is one but not the only or preeminent voice on the matter in Scripture. I think it should be considered in light of the broader context of what the Bible shows to be true of male-female and marital relationships.

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
On Shabbat, after singing “Shalom Aleichem”, the husband recites "a Woman of Valor” (called Eshet Chayil in Hebrew) to his wife. Eshet Chayil is a 22 verse poem which King Solomon concludes the book of Proverbs.

A woman of valor who can find?
She is more precious than rubies.

The heart of her husband trusts in her,
And because of her he lacks nothing.

She does him good and not evil,
Every day of her life.

She opens her hand to the poor,
She is sensitive to the needy.

She is robed in strength and dignity;
She confidently faces whatever may come.

Her speech reflects wisdom,
Loving kindness guides her tongue.

Her children rise up to call her blessed,
Her husband publicly praises her:

“Many daughters have done superbly,
but you have surpassed them all!”

Charm is an illusion, and beauty is vane,
But a God revering woman merits true praise.

Place before her the fruit of her hands,
For wherever people gather,
her deeds speak her praise.

That is why I read the Bible! Beautiful! BTW, my wife and I have been married 51 years and we not only still love each other a lot, but every day is enjoyable and most of the time, fun!

Upvote 0

GospelS

A Daughter of Zion Seeking Her Father in Heaven!
Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟492,458.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sin and modern secular society changed the role of men and women. This change was programmed into society by the media and fancy feminism. What an abomination this must be in God's eyes. He created men and women with a unique role. In marriage, man and woman together they have what is required to raise a family. We need to search God’s word and find His instructions for us and live accordingly.

“Helper” is often used in Scripture to describe God, The Holy Spirit. Since Adam and Eve were living in integrity/unity without sin, there was no need for instruction here on headship. They both had the same nature. The woman came out of man and has qualities he doesn’t possess, and so does the man.

Reactions: Olmhinlu
Upvote 0

Olmhinlu

Apr 15, 2020
Undisclosed
✟59,795.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Regarding woman coming out of man: while on a personal level I'm coming to terms with the fact that I (want but) don't need a wife, the symbolic meaning of Eve being fashioned from a part removed from Adam seems clear and obvious to me. She is a missing piece. But God is sufficient; His

"grace is sufficient for you".

The very fact that she is described as help 'meet' or 'suitable' shows that she has unique abilities; nobody (sensible) asks for help from someone who isn't more capable then them in the area in question.

Adam was able to name his wife. I think that also implies headship. I don't think that is just a post-Edenic concept.

Reactions: GospelS
Upvote 0

GospelS

Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟492,458.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Adam was able to name his wife. I think that also implies headship. I don't think that is just a post-Edenic concept.

I don’t think it is post-edenic concept as well. I just meant that a specific instruction was not needed to be given regarding headship and submission since there was no sin.

• Informative
Upvote 0

GospelS

Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟492,458.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A prudent wife is from God (Proverbs 19:14).

A prudent wife has wisdom and understanding. She succeeds in what she does and prospers. She gives attention, have regard, act with care, give thought for a person or situation. She is able to teach and instruct. These are all qualities bestowed on her by God. If wives seek God and live according to His ways, they will be prudent.

• Friendly
Upvote 0