Remnant502

Jan 6, 2017
Earth
✟16,613.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
So first off let me say I know that sin is wrong and something we should refrain from doing. Did I sin today? Yes... Will I sin tomorrow? There's a possibility. Will I sin next week? Maybe.
I've struggled with this for some time being a fairly new Christian. Its a struggle that affects me mentally very deeply.

Tonight I was reminded of something. It was there in my thoughts in plain English, old wives tale, Farmer's Almanac style. You can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs.

I'm not saying hey its OK. I can do whatever I want. Im saying its OK to stumble as we all have many times. For me I've been seeking perfection and that i feel is a fool's errand.

I know I've fallen. What only matters is if I get back up. I must be better than I was yesterday, so I can be the best me tomorrow.

BeStill&Know

Supporter
Sep 13, 2015
✟68,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Here's a teaching that helped me to see myself and those I've had to forgive in a different light.
We have all been bitten by a poisonous viper, and live with this toxic venom running through our veins. It gradually causes us to transform into another viper, striking our poison into others as it tortuously kills us as well.
Knowing we have all been infected, and dying, some have looked at the cross to be given a pure blood transfusion, so we may have true eternal life, and point the way to others who need healing.
John 3:14 Jesus said, as Moses in the wilderness lifted up the bronze image of a serpent on a pole, even so I must be lifted up upon a pole
Numbers 21:7-9
7 Then the people came to Moses and cried out, “We have sinned, for we have spoken against Jehovah and against you. Pray to him to take away the snakes.” So Moses prayed for the people.
8 Then the Lord told him, “Make a bronze replicaa]">[a] of one of these snakes and attach it to the top of a pole; anyone who is bitten shall live if he simply looks at it!”
9 So Moses made the replica, and whenever anyone who had been bitten looked at the bronze snake, he recovered!

Upvote 0

Ron Gurley

What U See is What U Get!
Supporter
Sep 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
✟87,595.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I suggest "Scripture Mining" on: FORGIVENESS

Visualize this: All the GUILT of PAST sin + All FEAR of FUTURE sin...was nailed to the unjust Cross with Jesus the God-Man.

1 Peter 2:24
and He Himself bore our sins IN HIS BODY on the cross, so that we might die to sin and live to righteousness; for by His wounds you were healed.

Romans 6:6
knowing this, that our "old self" was crucified WITH Him, in order that our body of sin might be done away with, so that we would no longer be slaves to sin;

Galatians 2:20
I have been crucified WITH Christ;
and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives IN me;
and the life which I now live in the flesh
I live by faith in the Son of God,
who loved me and gave Himself up FOR me.

Peter's first spirit-led sermon on the miraculous day of Pentecost

Act 2:14, 36-38 (NASB)
But Peter, taking his stand with the eleven, raised his voice and declared to them (crowds at Pentecost): ...
Act 2:36
“Therefore let all the house of Israel know for certain that God has made Him BOTH Lord (God) and Christ (Divine Messiah)
—this Jesus whom you crucified.” (The Gospel!)
Act 2:37
Now when they heard this, they were pierced to the heart, (drawn by God, spirit-led BELIEF)
and said to Peter and the rest of the (11) apostles, “ Brethren, what shall we DO?” (to be like you)
Act 2:38
Peter said to THEM,
“Repent, (turn to God) and
each of you be baptized (AFTER SALVATION) in the name of Jesus Christ
(not in the name of John the Baptizer..baptism TO WASH AWAY SIN)
FOR (as a symbol of salvation, BECAUSE OF) the forgiveness of your sins;
and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. (be baptized into the Body of Christ)

"FOR" = Greek 1519 "eis" ~= into, unto, to, towards, for, among, (because of?) (in place of?)

FORGIVENESS / REMISSION ...Greek 859 - "aphesis'...release from bondage or imprisonment; forgiveness or pardon, of sins
(letting them go as if they had never been committed), remission of the penalty

Forgiveness of Sin / Sin(s) is ONE of the spiritual benefits of salvation!...(all NASB)

Matthew 26:28
for this is My blood of the covenant,
which is poured out for many FOR forgiveness of sins.

Mark 14:24
And He said to them, “This is My blood of the covenant, which is poured out FOR many.

Luke 22:20
And in the same way He took the cup after they had eaten, saying,
“This cup which is poured out FOR you is the NEW covenant IN My blood.

Luke 1:77
To give to His people the knowledge of salvation,
By (knowing) the forgiveness of their sins,

Act 5:31
“He is the one whom God exalted to His right hand as a Prince and a Savior, to grant repentance to Israel, and (to grant) forgiveness of sins.

Act 10:43
“Of Him all the prophets bear witness that
through His name everyone who BELIEVES in Him
receives forgiveness of sins.”

Ephesians 1:7
IN Him, we have redemption THROUGH His blood,
the forgiveness of our trespasses,
according to the riches of His GRACE

Colosians 1:14
in whom we have redemption,
the forgiveness of sins.

Mattew 12: ...Jesus: The ONLY Unpardonable/Unforgivable Sin
30 He who is not with Me is against Me; and he who does not gather with Me scatters.
31 “Therefore I say to you,
any sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven people,
but blasphemy against (God) the (Holy) Spirit shall not be forgiven.
32 Whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man, it shall be forgiven him;
but whoever speaks against (God) the Holy Spirit,
it shall not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come.

And the best for last: meditate on : 1 John 1

QUERY for Believers: How does one "blaspheme" against The Spiritual Person who permanently indwells you?

• Winner
Reactions: BeStill&Know
Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟811,949.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
So first off let me say I know that sin is wrong and something we should refrain from doing. Did I sin today? Yes... Will I sin tomorrow? There's a possibility. Will I sin next week? Maybe.
I've struggled with this for some time being a fairly new Christian. Its a struggle that affects me mentally very deeply.

Tonight I was reminded of something. It was there in my thoughts in plain English, old wives tale, Farmer's Almanac style. You can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs.

I'm not saying hey its OK. I can do whatever I want. Im saying its OK to stumble as we all have many times. For me I've been seeking perfection and that i feel is a fool's errand.

I know I've fallen. What only matters is if I get back up. I must be better than I was yesterday, so I can be the best me tomorrow.
My epiphany on sin came when I tried to stop sinning by being obedient to the 10. Things didn't work out well because it seems to magnify my sins.

I cried out to God in prayer and heard God speaking. He said, "I didn't ask you to be perfect, Jesus has already done that for you". I then saw a vision of the cross and understood.

I let go.

I let go of the worldly desire to be responsible for my own salvation and embraced the cross. I stopped worrying about my sin and turned my focus on the gift given by God through baptism. The Holy Spirit.

The HS is our direct line to the Father and by letting go of self and learning to trust the Spirit the desires that once held me captive faded away.

The Spirit changes us spiritually so that many of the things which bound us becomes repulsive. We find a different kind of obedience. A spiritual one and not of this world.

God bless

Upvote 0