• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

An epiphany on sin.

Discussion in 'Congregation-specific Ethics' started by Remnant502, Jan 7, 2017.

1. Remnant502

Remnant502 New Member

+16
    Non-Denom
    Single
    So first off let me say I know that sin is wrong and something we should refrain from doing. Did I sin today? Yes... Will I sin tomorrow? There's a possibility. Will I sin next week? Maybe.
    I've struggled with this for some time being a fairly new Christian. Its a struggle that affects me mentally very deeply.

Tonight I was reminded of something. It was there in my thoughts in plain English, old wives tale, Farmer's Almanac style. You can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs.

I'm not saying hey its OK. I can do whatever I want. Im saying its OK to stumble as we all have many times. For me I've been seeking perfection and that i feel is a fool's errand.

I know I've fallen. What only matters is if I get back up. I must be better than I was yesterday, so I can be the best me tomorrow.

2. BeStill&Know

BeStill&Know Well-Known Member Supporter

+534
    Christian
    Private
    Here's a teaching that helped me to see myself and those I've had to forgive in a different light.
    We have all been bitten by a poisonous viper, and live with this toxic venom running through our veins. It gradually causes us to transform into another viper, striking our poison into others as it tortuously kills us as well.
    Knowing we have all been infected, and dying, some have looked at the cross to be given a pure blood transfusion, so we may have true eternal life, and point the way to others who need healing.
    John 3:14 Jesus said, as Moses in the wilderness lifted up the bronze image of a serpent on a pole, even so I must be lifted up upon a pole
    Numbers 21:7-9
    7 Then the people came to Moses and cried out, “We have sinned, for we have spoken against Jehovah and against you. Pray to him to take away the snakes.” So Moses prayed for the people.
    8 Then the Lord told him, “Make a bronze replicaa]">[a] of one of these snakes and attach it to the top of a pole; anyone who is bitten shall live if he simply looks at it!”
    9 So Moses made the replica, and whenever anyone who had been bitten looked at the bronze snake, he recovered!

3. Remnant502

Remnant502 New Member

+16
    Non-Denom
    Single
    For me the hard part is to know so many of Gods children have given up on me, so why would God not lose faith on me too.

4. BeStill&Know

BeStill&Know Well-Known Member Supporter

+534
    Christian
    Private
    God is not people