Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Credit cards are an Achilles’ heel for many people.
Collectively, Americans now owe $1.13 trillion on their cards, and the average balance per consumer is up to $6,360, both historic highs.
Not only are more cardholders carrying debt from month to month but more are increasingly falling behind on payments, recent reports show.

• Informative
Reactions: trophy33

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,091,611.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Good to see something other than Dave Ramsey. As the article said, the debt snowball is the most costly of the three.

We have never had serious debt problems, but I always did my homework on financial issues, and based my decisions on cost-effectiveness, not Dave Ramsey

Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It shows that some Americans are struggling though inflation is going down there are still elevated prices of food. I know my property taxes and insurance have risen maybe this has a small effect. What aggravates me the most about credit cards is how fast they raise the interest rates while savings accounts offer 1% at big banks.
As the article said, the debt snowball is the most costly of the three.
I kind of like being debt-free. I don't care what the big banks say or anyone else. Anytime you have to pay some percentage to a bank or a credit card that is lost income.

• Winner
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,330.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens

Credit cards are an Achilles’ heel for many people.
Collectively, Americans now owe $1.13 trillion on their cards, and the average balance per consumer is up to $6,360, both historic highs.
Not only are more cardholders carrying debt from month to month but more are increasingly falling behind on payments, recent reports show.

Since covid there has been a significant redistribution of wealth from the lower to upper classes.

• Agree
Reactions: Laodicean60
Upvote 0

Richard T

Mar 25, 2018
traveling Asia
✟69,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The 900 billion debt in 2019 was higher in real terms if you take out inflation. Inflation helps debtors unless their incomes do not go up. To often incomes lag, or the distribution of the increase goes to the top not to the bottom as someone else already pointed out. The same principle applies in business. Company xyz saw sales increase by 3%. That sounds good but if inflation was 7% then they are falling behind.

• Agree
Reactions: Laodicean60
Upvote 0