Somewhere
✟903.00
Country
Tajikistan
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
You won't know unless you read the book.

You aren't afraid of learning that America may not be what the public relations department sells...are you?
What you fail to recognize is, those that have been don't need the book. Those that have been have seen the good, bad and ugly. Those that need the book and their favorite news station don't really have a clue. Those that speak the loudest have the least experience.

Upvote 0

Ray Glenn

Jun 10, 2021
Birmingham
✟31,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
UM...look war is war - but I can't allow a statement like this go un-fact-checked. Let's be clear and honest - The Iraq war was based on the premise that the USA had unmistakeable intelligence that Iraq was harbouring Weapons of Mass Destruction. George Bush came to my country and told the Australian parliament that the evidence was unequivocal. Now of course not only was all that untrue, we now all know that it was largely concocted - Australia's parliament didn't take too well to be blatantly lied to, as the country naturally regarded the USA as an ally - not a con artist.

That said - war is war - but hey dont dress it with BS please.

And you know this HOW? BY the myths created from left wing activists?
My Son in Law, Vanderbilt Grad in Chemical Engineering, Commanded a Marine Corps unit specifically formed to destroy WMD and Nuclear materials. Our Back Judge on our Football Crew was the Body Guard for a General out of Central Command, formally McDill AFB, Tampa FL. My daughter and I realized, my SIl and the Body Guard went out of the country at the same time. One night in the locker room I asked. "R, do you know M?" silence, then he asked "And how do you know him?" "My SIL. Now I know you know him and his mission. I know why you are both gone at the same time." "Your Dad was CIA right? Then you know I can't tell you why and you can't ask."
"I know now, and I want to know why this Administration doesn't tell about everything in the battlefield." The US knew there was the probability of WMD because the CIA sold the Iraq Government the manufacturing capability to counter the Iranian threat. Iraq and Iran used chemical weapons against each other in their seven year war. At least get the history right. Don't go off half cocked trying to cover the mistakes made by all the countries involved. The US withdrew over 4 tons of yellow cake uranium and sent it to Canada, while the UN protested the move.

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
And you know this HOW? BY the myths created from left wing activists?
My Son in Law, Vanderbilt Grad in Chemical Engineering, Commanded a Marine Corps unit specifically formed to destroy WMD and Nuclear materials. Our Back Judge on our Football Crew was the Body Guard for a General out of Central Command, formally McDill AFB, Tampa FL. My daughter and I realized, my SIl and the Body Guard went out of the country at the same time. One night in the locker room I asked. "R, do you know M?" silence, then he asked "And how do you know him?" "My SIL. Now I know you know him and his mission. I know why you are both gone at the same time." "Your Dad was CIA right? Then you know I can't tell you why and you can't ask."
"I know now, and I want to know why this Administration doesn't tell about everything in the battlefield." The US knew there was the probability of WMD because the CIA sold the Iraq Government the manufacturing capability to counter the Iranian threat. Iraq and Iran used chemical weapons against each other in their seven year war. At least get the history right. Don't go off half cocked trying to cover the mistakes made by all the countries involved. The US withdrew over 4 tons of yellow cake uranium and sent it to Canada, while the UN protested the move.
Yeah - I'm sure the people of the USA don't like to think their country lies and were complicit in a war that killed Iraqi citizens based on total BS - by all means, you guys keep patting each other on the back. Meanwhile, in the real world, outside the USA - we see the BS - and it was published by the UN weapons inspector Hans Blix - amongst many others

Like I said - I was just fact-checking your nonsense. You're no different to what Russia is doing - dress it up all you like.

Upvote 0

Ray Glenn

Jun 10, 2021
Birmingham
✟31,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well I'll be . Obviously you have cornered the market on truth, Justice and the World way. Sounds like a Super Man cartoon. I pointed out there were many missions based in the US to Iraq to dispose of chemical weapons the world knew nothing about.

Trust the UN? With what? Even now they decline to admit that Covid came from China from the Wuhan Lab. The UN gave Iran the method to develop nuclear warheads because the UN Inspection teams were not allowed on military installations. I guess in your world view, nuclear research takes place in Iranian Wal Mart stores or something similar found in Australia.

The UN had no idea about the nuclear research going on in Iraq. Had no idea that tones of yellow cake had been discovered and removed without the UN's knowledge. And why? Because the US did not trust the UN to dispose of the material properly.

I'm reminded when considering this mindset ... of a conversation I had with a kid from Paris when he sarcastically commented "What makes the US consider themselves to be the policeman of the world?" I suggested that when he got home, take a train to Normandy and look at those beaches. Consider that 4,000 allied kids gave their lives in one day to defeat Germany and drive them from France. Then go up on the bluffs and walk the cemeteries. Without that sacrifice... France speaks German and salutes Hitler to this day. Same applies to Australia, I not for the US depending on their allies, Australia is nothing more than a Japanese Colony.

Don't imply that America is arrogant without considering what America has done to keep our allies free. Remember, China is an eyelash away from putting you through what Shanghai is suffering through right now. 28 million people locked down. No way to get food and starving because of an oppressive government.

Upvote 0

Jeffwhosoever

Faithful Servant & Seminary Student
Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Sep 21, 2009
Southern US
✟393,489.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I didn't realize depleted uranium was radioactive, but it certainly is: Depleted Uranium | US EPA.

However, I'm certain Russians use it or worse, not that two wrongs make a right. I think the purpose is the density allows better penetration to destroy enemy armor. Also, my wife is from Pine Bluff, Arkansas which has Pine Bluff Arsenal and was where we were burning up our chemical weapons. My father in law had a special radio in case anything ever went wrong in the demolition process. I don't know how much was destroyed, but it took years. I actually visited the site and they had "shoot on site authorization" warning signs up on their fences, which I assume was to keep terrorists from grabbing nerve agent or mustard gas or whatever they were burning, so I don't think the US has chemical or biological weapons anymore, though we have plenty of nuclear weapons and we need to modernize them because Plutonium becomes unstable after 50-70 years, and most of our nuclear warheads are getting about that old, so for purposes of deterrence (God forbid we ever use them) the US must modernize to keep China who is attempting to reach 2000 warheads and Russia which has 7000 warheads in check.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ray Glenn

Jun 10, 2021
Birmingham
✟31,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If America was a Christian country would they outlaw the 10 Commandments in public schools?

Because people misrepresented Thomas Jefferson's letter to the Baptists and claims "Separation of Church and State" There is no such thing.

Upvote 0

NinjaPirate777

Nov 11, 2022
Omaha
✟10,242.00
Country
United States
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Single
Because people misrepresented Thomas Jefferson's letter to the Baptists and claims "Separation of Church and State" There is no such thing.
From what I understand it is about the government not being allowed to force everyone to follow a state religion. Oddly, communism does this by kicking out the church and making people worship state leaders and their agendas. The US is pushing a belief system based on the environment which teaches children they are consumers hurting the earth with their carbon footprint versus Christianity teaching people are divinely created with a soul in God's image.

When God is no longer the ultimate authority, then people are subject to the authority of man. In the past 100 years in societies where man has replaced God in communist societies hundreds of millions have been systematically killed. That is one of the huge dangers of excising God from the public square. The danger of errantly believing the devil does not exist is similar to not understanding that we are all divinely created beings with a soul in God's image. Both errors lead people astray in disastrous ways.

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If America was a Christian country would they outlaw the 10 Commandments in public schools?
No nation on earth is Christian. That is why not many can walk on water, heal the sick, raise the dead, break bread for thousands, turn water into wine, give sight to the blind and teach people to help each other rather than hurt each other.

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
From what I understand it is about the government not being allowed to force everyone to follow a state religion. Oddly, communism does this by kicking out the church and making people worship state leaders and their agendas. The US is pushing a belief system based on the environment which teaches children they are consumers hurting the earth with their carbon footprint versus Christianity teaching people are divinely created with a soul in God's image.

When God is no longer the ultimate authority, then people are subject to the authority of man. In the past 100 years in societies where man has replaced God in communist societies hundreds of millions have been systematically killed. That is one of the huge dangers of excising God from the public square. The danger of errantly believing the devil does not exist is similar to not understanding that we are all divinely created beings with a soul in God's image. Both errors lead people astray in disastrous ways.
Oddly, communism does this by kicking out the church
That's inaccurate. Communist states such as China allow the function of churches, though admittedly it imposes caveats, just as religious countries do - Eg Saudi Arabia.
The US is pushing a belief system based on the environment which teaches children they are consumers hurting the earth with their carbon footprint
Which is accurate and its not just the policy of the USA but the entire world. That policy is evidence based. The increasing frequency of extreme weather events is undeniable.
Christianity teaching people are divinely created with a soul in God's image.
Your country practices freedom of religion so be aware that not all US religions support your view.
When God is no longer the ultimate authority, then people are subject to the authority of man.
You and I are subject to the laws of man regardless of the religiosity of a state. For good reason too. Without laws you have lawlessness and the breakdown of society.
n the past 100 years in societies where man has replaced God in communist societies hundreds of millions have been systematically killed.
That is a rather blatant false statement - provide evidence. In fact, the mass killing events have been propagated with greater intensity in Christian countries eg The holocaust propagated by Germany and several eastern European states which were Christian states. And the dropping of atomic weapons twice on civilian populations by the USA. But provide your evidence of the 100s of millions communists have slaughtered.

Not that I'm a fan of communism, I just dont like blatant falsehoods.
That is one of the huge dangers of excising God from the public square
This puzzles me - For a deity to who has overwhelming power, knows all and controls all, you are saying he is easily cut out of the control of the world by policy. That would imply he has no power at all.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That is a rather blatant false statement - provide evidence. In fact, the mass killing events have been propagated with greater intensity in Christian countries eg The holocaust propagated by Germany and several eastern European states which were Christian states. And the dropping of atomic weapons twice on civilian populations by the USA. But provide your evidence of the 100s of millions communists have slaughtered.
Stalin killed millions in his efforts to establish the USSR. Solzhenitsyn wrote about Stalin forcing people into labor camps where they died due to hunger and exposure to cold in Siberia before completing their prison sentences in his Nobel Prize winning book, The Gulag Archipelago.

One of the groups targeted by Stalin were Christians as he was in favor of atheism. Communist writer Vladimir Lenin was in favor of combating religion. Karl Marx wrote religion is the opium of the people.

Stalin’s Genocides, (2010) is a more recent book about Stalin’s purges by Norman Naimark.
Stalin killed millions. A Stanford historian answers the question, was it genocide?

Upvote 0

The Righterzpen

Jesus is my Shield in any Desert or Storm
Feb 9, 2019
Western NY
Visit site
✟144,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
The US withdrew over 4 tons of yellow cake uranium and sent it to Canada, while the UN protested the move.

Interesting. When was this? (Assuming 1980 - 1987 this was discovered at least?) I've never heard caked Uranium in Iraq before. They would have had to have known about it before the 1991 war. Obviously us military people knew about the chemical / bio weapons; and yeah, wouldn't have known about CIA uranium operations. (As I'm sure that was classified.) I had some exposure to classified information in that era; but not that. That would have been above my clearance level.

But now that I think back on it; that does make sense. The "chemical weapons black vans" weren't mere military. (Likely CIA?) We already knew the presence of chemical weapons in the ammo dumps, because it set our detectors off. But if these armored vehicles were really looking for (or securing) uranium (they resembled armored bank trucks) and not just "confirmed chemical weapons" that would make more sense.

The UN had no idea about the nuclear research going on in Iraq. Had no idea that tones of yellow cake had been discovered and removed without the UN's knowledge. And why? Because the US did not trust the UN to dispose of the material properly.

As far as black ops keeping this out of the sight of the UN; this doesn't surprise me. Obviously we are all more aware now that the UN has it's own deep seeded corruption problems. Various arms of the cabal jockeying to secure their own place in the system's hierarchy.

Which has got me wondering now if this is really what the Iran / Iraq war was about? Granted I know the fall of the Shaw played a role in all of this.

But the French had sold the Iranians information on how to refine uranium for nuclear weapons back in the late 50's. (Thus this push to get uranium out of Iraq was likely related.) France didn't sell Iran the uranium though. They sold that to Israel instead. The French were running a nuclear weapons program out of Israel in the 50's . Or at least we were told it was the French. (Which I thought was weird.): but that's another issue.

We were selling the Soviet Union information and material from the Manhattan Project back before the end of WWII. So... I'm sure there's a lot more here than meets the eye.

Interesting though... very interesting!

Upvote 0

The Righterzpen

Jesus is my Shield in any Desert or Storm
Feb 9, 2019
Western NY
Visit site
✟144,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I didn't realize depleted uranium was radioactive, but it certainly is: Depleted Uranium | US EPA.

However, I'm certain Russians use it or worse, not that two wrongs make a right. I think the purpose is the density allows better penetration to destroy enemy armor. Also, my wife is from Pine Bluff, Arkansas which has Pine Bluff Arsenal and was where we were burning up our chemical weapons. My father in law had a special radio in case anything ever went wrong in the demolition process. I don't know how much was destroyed, but it took years. I actually visited the site and they had "shoot on site authorization" warning signs up on their fences, which I assume was to keep terrorists from grabbing nerve agent or mustard gas or whatever they were burning, so I don't think the US has chemical or biological weapons anymore, though we have plenty of nuclear weapons and we need to modernize them because Plutonium becomes unstable after 50-70 years, and most of our nuclear warheads are getting about that old, so for purposes of deterrence (God forbid we ever use them) the US must modernize to keep China who is attempting to reach 2000 warheads and Russia which has 7000 warheads in check.
Well I'm sure you know now we have bio weapons. Gain of Function research got "offshored" to other parts of the world starting in 2014 because congress had outlawed it in the US because they deemed it too dangerous.

Fortunately Covid didn't turn out to be the 21st century version of the 1919 influenza pandemic.

But besides Wuhan, we also built those labs in Ukraine. (Think Cuban Missile Crisis and now you know why Russia aint happy!) As per the nuke count though; I'd venture to bet that the US has at least as many as the Russians do. Because as per testing; about 2000 nuclear devices have been detonated on this planet in the guise of "testing" and more than half of those were US tests. Now these tests are total combinations of all the countries of the world put together. I think the Russians made up for something like 30 to 40% of the tests into the early 80's and the first test band treaty.

Upvote 0