Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I was seeking clarity.

Thank you kindly.
This might help. I am not trying to put you off, but I just don't know enough about all of the issues to make a judgement call on what the "official" position may be. I do know that we all are disappointed in the track record of the UN in how it handles issues of human rights, abortion issues, healthcare, and war. There are other areas of concern, but those come to mind. The ASP is really concerned with the local situation.

The belief that that family, local communities, and voluntary associations are the first guarantors of human dignity and cultivate mutual care gives rise to the principle of Subsidiarity, which holds that higher order institutions, such as federal government, should support and serve, not supplant or unduly control, these institutions that are closer to the people they serve.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
As a Canadian looking south at the American political scene, I have long wondered why there is no viable social democratic party. To form one that was solely Christian based seems a mistake to me. The concept of social justice has adherents in every major world religion and indeed within the atheist/agnostic community.

• Agree
Reactions: Radicchio
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
This might help. I am not trying to put you off, but I just don't know enough about all of the issues to make a judgement call on what the "official" position may be. I do know that we all are disappointed in the track record of the UN in how it handles issues of human rights, abortion issues, healthcare, and war. There are other areas of concern, but those come to mind. The ASP is really concerned with the local situation.

You might want to explore the UN and their over-reach in what might be attempts to dissolve the sovereignty of nations like the US.

That's why i asked if the US needs the UN.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
As a Canadian looking south at the American political scene, I have long wondered why there is no viable social democratic party. To form one that was solely Christian based seems a mistake to me. The concept of social justice has adherents in every major world religion and indeed within the atheist/agnostic community.

To add to my comment above, I must point out that there is a large portion of Christians in the USA that seem convinced that Jesus was a free enterprise capitalist and are quite opposed to any sort of government involvement in social justice. In fact, the present government is actively engaged in dismantling the existing social safety net.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hermit76

You can call me Paisios
Site Supporter
Jun 5, 2015
✟291,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You might want to explore the UN and their over-reach in what might be attempts to dissolve the sovereignty of nations like the US.

That's why i asked if the US needs the UN.

Well... The answer to your question from my perspective is "no." We do not need the UN. The world needs something that brings us together for the benefit of discussion, etc. It is obvious that the overreach is happening. My whole point is that I am not qualified to discuss it as it relates to the ASP.

Personally I agree with you.

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Well... The answer to your question from my perspective is "no." We do not need the UN. The world needs something that brings us together for the benefit of discussion, etc. It is obvious that the overreach is happening. My whole point is that I am not qualified to discuss it as it relates to the ASP.

Personally I agree with you.

Thank you you for the clarity, Hermit.

I agree that the US does not need the UN.

Reactions: Hermit76
Upvote 0

Hermit76

You can call me Paisios
Site Supporter
Jun 5, 2015
✟291,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
To add to my comment above, I must point out that there is a large portion of Christians in the USA that seem convinced that Jesus was a free enterprise capitalist and are quite opposed to any sort of government in social justice. In fact, the present government is actively engaged in dismantling the existing social safety net.

The ASP draws its values from the Catholic social policies. It is inherently Christian and is rooted in a much older movement. Third parties in the USA are not likely to gain any form of power in federal elections, especially presidential elections. So, they are a voice. If you are going to be a voice, be your own voice. That is what the ASP is for me. So, a Christian Social Democratic party is representative of my values.

Upvote 0