Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well, you didn't really make any sense. You seemed to be jumping to conclusions about something.

The American Solidarity Party is a Christian political party. You can read our platform here:

Platform - American Solidarity Party

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
The administrators have added US - American Solidarity as a political option on your profile. You have to scroll down to get to the option, but it is there.

What is the stance of the American solidarity Party, towards the UN?

Upvote 0

Hermit76

You can call me Paisios
Site Supporter
Jun 5, 2015
✟291,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What is the stance of the American solidarity Party, towards the UN?

You know, I am not sure where the party is at regarding involvement in the UN. I think you may find a diverse response to your question. I am very certain that most members would be concerned with some of the actions of the UN. By reading the platform you could get a feel for what those things may be.

Personally I know that we are vested in the UN and I do not expect that to change. I understand that the ASP will never be a major player in federal politics. I believe that we could influence on several levels. So, for me, I think I am most concerned with the Democrats and Republicans when it comes to the UN. I always thought I would like to see a bit more isolation from the US, but I do not like how we are currently getting there.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
You know, I am not sure where the party is at regarding involvement in the UN. I think you may find a diverse response to your question. I am very certain that most members would be concerned with some of the actions of the UN. By reading the platform you could get a feel for what those things may be.

Personally I know that we are vested in the UN and I do not expect that to change. I understand that the ASP will never be a major player in federal politics. I believe that we could influence on several levels. So, for me, I think I am most concerned with the Democrats and Republicans when it comes to the UN. I always thought I would like to see a bit more isolation from the US, but I do not like how we are currently getting there.

What do you mean by "vested" in the UN?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟634,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
The administrators have added US - American Solidarity as a political option on your profile. You have to scroll down to get to the option, but it is there.
I've been following the party for some time now, I don't recall how/where I was introduced.
I get communication/notification on just about everything but I have no particular personal involvement.

Reactions: Hermit76
Upvote 0

Hermit76

You can call me Paisios
Site Supporter
Jun 5, 2015
✟291,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Aah, so you are saying that the platform is very invested in the UN.
No. I am saying that opinion is that the US will not abandon its role in the UN because it has a vested interest (I should have used that phrase in the first place). This has nothing to do with the ASP platform, hence my use of the word "personally." I truly have no idea how US involvement in the UN affects the ASP platform.

Upvote 0

Hermit76

You can call me Paisios
Site Supporter
Jun 5, 2015
✟291,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I've been following the party for some time now, I don't recall how/where I was introduced.
I get communication/notification on just about everything but I have no particular personal involvement.
There are several people in my parish who follow the party. There is a Dorothy Day caucus that I follow on Facebook. Those folk are interesting.

Reactions: FenderTL5
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
No. I am saying that opinion is that the US will not abandon its role in the UN because it has a vested interest (I should have used that phrase in the first place). This has nothing to do with the ASP platform, hence my use of the word "personally." I truly have no idea how US involvement in the UN affects the ASP platform.

That's unfortunate. That would be a major factor in their platform.

On another note, do you, in your opinion, feel that the US needs the UN?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hermit76

You can call me Paisios
Site Supporter
Jun 5, 2015
✟291,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That's unfortunate. That would be a major factor in their platform.

On another note, do you, in your opinion, feel that the US needs the UN?

Honestly, I think if there is a UN the US needs to be a part of it. However, I am not really informed on everything that goes into making such a judgement call. I am concerned with some of the decisions and directions that originates in the UN. So, again, I don't really know. I'm sorry but I am probably not going to be able to hold a very good conversation about all things UN.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Honestly, I think if there is a UN the US needs to be a part of it. However, I am not really informed on everything that goes into making such a judgement call. I am concerned with some of the decisions and directions that originates in the UN. So, again, I don't really know. I'm sorry but I am probably not going to be able to hold a very good conversation about all things UN.

You might want to explore this party to inquire what their official stance of the UN is.

Just curious, why do you think the US needs to be a part of the UN?

Does the US need the UN?

Upvote 0

Hermit76

You can call me Paisios
Site Supporter
Jun 5, 2015
✟291,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You might want to explore this party to inquire what their official stance of the UN is.

Just curious, why do you think the US needs to be a part of the UN?

Does the US need the UN?

I'm sorry. I really don't want to get into that discussion. Thank you for your suggestions.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Well, you didn't really make any sense. You seemed to be jumping to conclusions about something.

The American Solidarity Party is a Christian political party. You can read our platform here:

Platform - American Solidarity Party

Thank you, interesting. After a brief perusal would it be fair to say this is a social justice party?

• Winner
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0