American protests: Demonstrations, violent riots expected to continue throughout the country

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
By what metric?
Actually, I should not have said "safer". I just talked to a buddy, who grew up in Albania, about the conditions of countries in Europe and that area. He said that life is much different now than under the communist regime. However, France, Germany and others are better than Albania and Romania.. but the Scandinavian countries are much better still.
He said that the West is different and more attractive, although there are pros and concs.

He did agree that there are places much much worse than the western countries.

IMO and strictly IMO.. people in Canada and the US should be thankful and count their blessings for where they live, the protection they have and the rights and freedoms they are afforded.... If not.. don't burn the place down.. go to whatever place it is that you think is better...

People that I work with get to travel fairly often.. To Tanzania, Russia, China, Chile, Peru, and many other places on this earth.. well before COVID19...

They always come back and say that we should all stop complaining about our country..

Ya... it's not perfect... But... if you don't like something... try to change it.. Don't go all "postal" and act worse than the things you are angry about.

• Agree
Reactions: Searching1God
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,625.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
So, if the US equates to a neglecting husband...

What country equates to a good husband?

Also, using that analogy... The wife, in hopes to change the ways of her husband "spending all his time and money getting drunk at strip clubs".... She cheats on him, burns his 4 wheeler, sells his golf clubs and puts sugar in the gas tank of his car....???

Ya.... that's the way to do it.....

In the 60's the youth knew the system was flawed.. But, they didn't have a system that would work... to replace it

If you have a concern.. You should not complain to anyone unless you have a solution..

If the solution is to burn down the businesses of people just like you... steel the goods and vandalize the city.... It's not better.

If your beef is merely with the way in which some of the complaints have been expressed, fine, then only say that. But saying “stop complaining “ is something different entirely.

• Agree
Reactions: Tom 1
Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Actually, I should not have said "safer". I just talked to a buddy, who grew up in Albania, about the conditions of countries in Europe and that area. He said that life is much different now than under the communist regime. However, France, Germany and others are better than Albania and Romania.. but the Scandinavian countries are much better still.
He said that the West is different and more attractive, although there are pros and concs.

He did agree that there are places much much worse than the western countries.

IMO and strictly IMO.. people in Canada and the US should be thankful and count their blessings for where they live, the protection they have and the rights and freedoms they are afforded.... If not.. don't burn the place down.. go to whatever place it is that you think is better...

People that I work with get to travel fairly often.. To Tanzania, Russia, China, Chile, Peru, and many other places on this earth.. well before COVID19...

They always come back and say that we should all stop complaining about our country..

Ya... it's not perfect... But... if you don't like something... try to change it.. Don't go all "postal" and act worse than the things you are angry about.

Life is pretty precarious in some places. For others though it’s a question of what you value. I’ve lived and worked in Western and less developed countries, the latter have a lot of advantages once you get past the dubious benefits of homogeneity and owning lots of stuff.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
If your beef is merely with the way in which some of the complaints have been expressed, fine, then only say that. But saying “stop complaining “ is something different entirely.
In Post # 66 I said "the US.. can do nothing but complain, riot and destroy......"

It was you that stated "Your argument amounted to "Stop complaining"

So, if truth be stated... I didn't say "stop complaining" That was your words.

My complaint IS how they express their complaints.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Life is pretty precarious in some places. For others though it’s a question of what you value. I’ve lived and worked in Western and less developed countries, the latter have a lot of advantages once you get past the dubious benefits of homogeneity and owning lots of stuff.
I can see your point.

I just solidly believe that the people looting, burning, pillaging and violently protesting... are ignorant to just how good they have it.

To them.. I say "be careful what you wish for" ... You may find that 10 years from now you kick yourself in your suppressed butt.

• Agree
Reactions: Tom 1
Upvote 0

Quartermaine

Sep 16, 2019
Alma
✟80,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Now that's funny.

That's like saying that WWII didn't start until Pearl Harbor.....
please go ahead and post all those videos of violent protest from Portland that happened before July 4 and show me to be wrong

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
please go ahead and post all those videos of violent protest from Portland that happened before July 4 and show me to be wrong
July 2nd, 2020

At 2:20 in the video you will be told that the organizers of the peaceful protest told the protesters to peacefully disband and go home... Then at 2:34 you will hear that the crowd did not heed that advice.

A tale of two protests: organizers and majority urge peace, smaller group instigate police

Then there is this:

PORTLAND (WGME) -- Portland police say 23 people were arrested after a peaceful protest in Portland escalated into chaos Monday night.

Monday night was June 29th..

Police say 22 of the individuals arrested are all from Maine and are charged with failure to disperse.

From: 23 arrested after peaceful Portland protest takes a turn

Upvote 0

Quartermaine

Sep 16, 2019
Alma
✟80,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
July 2nd, 2020

At 2:20 in the video you will be told that the organizers of the peaceful protest told the protesters to peacefully disband and go home... Then at 2:34 you will hear that the crowd did not heed that advice.

A tale of two protests: organizers and majority urge peace, smaller group instigate police

Then there is this:

PORTLAND (WGME) -- Portland police say 23 people were arrested after a peaceful protest in Portland escalated into chaos Monday night.

Monday night was June 29th..

Police say 22 of the individuals arrested are all from Maine and are charged with failure to disperse.

From: 23 arrested after peaceful Portland protest takes a turn

ummm..you are aware that the president sent federal agents to Portland OREGON right?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
ummm..you are aware that the president sent federal agents to Portland OREGON right?
You asked for a video of violent protests before July 4th...

The video is for July 2nd and the protestors were described as not listening to the advice of the protest organizers telling the to peacefully go home.

Upvote 0

Quartermaine

Sep 16, 2019
Alma
✟80,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
You asked for a video of violent protests before July 4th...

The video is for July 2nd and the protestors were described as not listening to the advice of the protest organizers telling the to peacefully go home.
^_^

you didn't check at all did you?

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
^_^

On July 2nd the protest organizers called it off, told them to go home.. It's right in the video as the reporter is doing a live report... The violence escalated. The democrat mayors did nothing, even joining in the ruckus.... left no other choice..

Otherwise.. the town would have burned..

But.. ya.. blame Trump for saving the city by taking action that was necessary..

• Winner
Reactions: RushMAN
Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
^_^

Did you see the Barr "roast" today? Absolute disregard for protocol, integrity, due process, listening to facts.... unbelievable.

Also, good news as the wind is changing...

Dallas Texas, colored police chief arrested 647 BLM protesters for blocking a bridge..
76 activists arrested in Louisville Kentucky.
Mericopa County Arizona... Illegal aliens are deported under the DAKA program founded by the Obama administration. 1 BLM activist was deported...

The violence is going to continue.. Sadly.....In Austin Texas a " peaceful " BLM activist aimed his AK47 at a guy in a car.. Well... the guy shot and killed him... Police investigated and no charges were laid.

Upvote 0

Quartermaine

Sep 16, 2019
Alma
✟80,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
On July 2nd the protest organizers called it off, told them to go home.. It's right in the video as the reporter is doing a live report...
from Portland MAINE

The violence escalated. The democrat mayors did nothing, even joining in the ruckus.... left no other choice..

Otherwise.. the town would have burned..

But.. ya.. blame Trump for saving the city by taking action that was necessary..
^_^

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GirdYourLoins

Nov 27, 2016
Brighton, UK
✟122,682.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I typed out a long reply about my experiences of left wing extremists when I used to work for a trade union here in the UK, but decided I didnt want to put it in writing. Its enough to say I witnessed far left extremism and learned how widespread it is in our society.

I have no doubt there are far left people who are exploiting the BLM situation for their own political ends. One thing I learned is they put their political views above all else so at least the people I knew will be loving the disruption this will be causing. Above all, the people I knew and they assured me it was across the board want to cause as much disruption during right wing governments and as little in left wing governments to make them look better. I have absolutely no doubt that the BLM movement is at the very least being exploited for far left political reasons.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I typed out a long reply about my experiences of left wing extremists when I used to work for a trade union here in the UK, but decided I didnt want to put it in writing. Its enough to say I witnessed far left extremism and learned how widespread it is in our society.

I have no doubt there are far left people who are exploiting the BLM situation for their own political ends. One thing I learned is they put their political views above all else so at least the people I knew will be loving the disruption this will be causing. Above all, the people I knew and they assured me it was across the board want to cause as much disruption during right wing governments and as little in left wing governments to make them look better. I have absolutely no doubt that the BLM movement is at the very least being exploited for far left political reasons.
I agree.. It is certainly not about helping the colored people..

It may have started there.. but it is far from that now.. When you have white protestors shouting at colored police... I say something smells.

Upvote 0