American protests: Demonstrations, violent riots expected to continue throughout the country

Michie

Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,585,545.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
From the article-
Tensions have heightened since federal officials were sent to quell riots in Portland, Oregon

Several cities across America are bracing for more demonstrations and violent rioting this weekend after another night of lawlessness and unrest boiled over into the early hours of Sunday morning, as Antifa and militia groups prepare for further battle against police officers and counter protesters.

Tensions have been heightened at recent demonstrations against racial injustice since federal officials were sent to quell riots in Portland, Ore., that have continued for more than 50 straight days since the May 25 death of George Floyd while in police custody in Minneapolis.

While opposing, heavily armed militia groups in Lousiville, Ky., avoided violence during demonstrations, riots were declared in Portland and Seattle, following a familiar pattern of peaceful protests devolving into destruction and attacks on police.

Continued below.
American protests: Demonstrations, violent riots expected to continue throughout the country

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,620,944.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
From the article-
Tensions have heightened since federal officials were sent to quell riots in Portland, Oregon

Several cities across America are bracing for more demonstrations and violent rioting this weekend after another night of lawlessness and unrest boiled over into the early hours of Sunday morning, as Antifa and militia groups prepare for further battle against police officers and counter protesters.

Tensions have been heightened at recent demonstrations against racial injustice since federal officials were sent to quell riots in Portland, Ore., that have continued for more than 50 straight days since the May 25 death of George Floyd while in police custody in Minneapolis.

While opposing, heavily armed militia groups in Lousiville, Ky., avoided violence during demonstrations, riots were declared in Portland and Seattle, following a familiar pattern of peaceful protests devolving into destruction and attacks on police.

Continued below.
I pray for protection for your wonderful country from the rioters and the forces of evil that encourage them. In Jesus precious name :praying:

Upvote 0
Jun 18, 2011
San Francisco Bay Area
✟65,034.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I expect things will heat up in November
T minus 100 days........and counting!
no trump.jpg

Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟426,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
It's funny (not 'ha ha' funny) to see all of this blow up in Portland, because Oregon is one of the whitest states in the country (85% non-Hispanic white; for comparison, California is just under 37% non-Hispanic white; percentages are from wikipedia here and here). When I lived in Eugene during my undergad days, basically the only place I was guaranteed to see non-white people was when attending mass at the local Catholic church.

Granted, Portland itself is a hotbed of everything lame, where people do stupid stuff like have a 'collective freakout' over Mexican food, so I'm in no way surprised to see all of this stuff happening there.

Upvote 0

Broken Fence

God with us!
Supporter
May 1, 2020
TX to New Heaven, New Earth, New Jerusalem
✟142,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,304.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Lets just hope the general public is intelligent enough to see what the Democrats are doing by allowing the riots...I think they are, and this nasty move to make the country appear out of control because of Trump, will backfire on them.

Also, I think a lot of it is the dems are basically telling the voters, "Let us back into office, or the riots continue". Terrible mindset.

How sad, and we really don't need a mess like that running the country.

Vote Donnie in and defund the dems out of the picture.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,223,695.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Michie

Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,585,545.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I just would continue to go on with my life. I would say,"Well,I tried to warn them."
I’m thinking there may be a high job demand for teaching people how to do that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟200,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The Democrats have done nothing but encourage the protests and withhold condemnation of the riots, so why wouldn't the present situation continue? They also have told Trump to keep federal troops and law enforcement out of the cities they run. Seattle now demands that the feds take down a barrier they put around the federal courthouse there, to protect against BLM, Antifa, and the much-vaunted "Moms" that were trying to destroy the building, because the barrier interfered with a bicycle lane.

So either Trump declares martial law, or the Democrats get what they want - continued civil unrest leading up to the election.

And if Trump wins, and I think he will, I see no reason anything on the Dem side should change. They've got little else in their playbook at this point.

Upvote 0

ZNP

Feb 20, 2020
Atlanta
✟54,279.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So either Trump declares martial law, or the Democrats get what they want - continued civil unrest leading up to the election.
Trump wants the civil unrest too. If he can fill the news with threats of armed minorities marching on the cities looting and rioting, then that will certainly motivate his base. It might also make many that were going to vote for Biden reassess.

Reactions: Pioneer3mm
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,223,695.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
The Democrats have done nothing but encourage the protests and withhold condemnation of the riots, so why wouldn't the present situation continue? They also have told Trump to keep federal troops and law enforcement out of the cities they run. Seattle now demands that the feds take down a barrier they put around the federal courthouse there, to protect against BLM, Antifa, and the much-vaunted "Moms" that were trying to destroy the building, because the barrier interfered with a bicycle lane.

And if Trump wins, and I think he will, I see no reason anything on the Dem side should change. They've got little else in their playbook at this point.
I think Trump wins too. But lets say Biden wins. Will an immediate lovefest break out? Is Biden really their 'guy'? I suspect there is a strong possibility that a few months down the road, ie next summer, they put their newly gained protesting skills to use again and Biden is in the hot seat. Just my opinion. If Biden isn't 'woke' enough, he gets hit by it too. After all if he didn't/doesn't pick a transgender person for VP he's already failed at wokeness.

Either way more wokeness gets slammed down our throats.

Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Trump wants the civil unrest too. If he can fill the news with threats of armed minorities marching on the cities looting and rioting, then that will certainly motivate his base. It might also make many that were going to vote for Biden reassess.
Trump has done nothing but try to unify the country by improving the economy, especially for the lower economic class, rectifying unjust prison sentences, protecting us from predatory international agreements, etc. He does not own these riots, though I believe he will benefit politically from them.

Upvote 0