Visit site
✟41,276.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm so glad John Stevens made it! He's just got this sweet, innocent thing about him that I love. Jasmine was really good, too.

Anyone have the list for the wild card show? I don't get to watch on Wednesday night because of church, so I have to catch up online the next day. But the wild card list isn't up on the AI website yet.

Love, Heather

Upvote 0

HeatherJay

Kisser of Boo-Boos
Sep 1, 2003
Tennessee
Visit site
✟41,276.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well, Simon is an expert in an image based business. As much as I would love to live in a world where bigger people are considered just as beautiful as smaller people, it's simply not the case, especially in the pop star industry. Right or wrong, it's the celebrity reality in 9 out of 10 cases. He's only giving his honest, expert opinion. He knows what will sell and what won't. And, maybe things are starting to change...I hope so. :)

Upvote 0

ethereal hope

Feb 28, 2004
✟7,802.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I like watching Simon, too, but sometimes it seems that his comments might be tailored to keep up his witchy reputation.

Saying that a group is the worst ever in Idol history = honest

Saying that one could drive a truck through a big mouth = needlessly cruel. The other two judges called it well enough (the singer was screaming), so the extra barbs had to have been just for show.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Amour

Jan 20, 2004
Georgia
✟7,655.00
Faith
Christian
Yay, I finally found an American Idol thread!

I've been disappointed with this season, mostly because last season was just so wonderful. But there can never be another Clay Aiken, unfortunately. *sigh*

My favorites this season are Amy Adams, Jon Peter Lewis (back for Wild Card, whee!), John Stevens, Marque Lynche, and Layota. I can't wait until the Wild Card shoe. It's always the best.

I've always liked Simon, and I really don't mind his ... extremely blunt comments. Usually I'm thinking the same thing he is, and I think that's the goal he's aiming toward. He speaks on impulse. The first thing he notices about a contestant, he points out. Sometimes his comments are extremely off-base, but these contestants should be prepared for it if they have agreed to be on a show like this.

Upvote 0

New Creation

*Practise Promiscuous Charity*
Aug 4, 2003
Visit site
✟5,331.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
HeatherJay said:
Hehe...lucky me, I married a very cute red headed guy. ;) Maybe that's why I'm really pulling for the Sinatra kid. :)

Love, Heather

Yes, I see the red hair on your baby!!! I'm a redhead too, so I always pull for them...

so glad he made it to the next round!! I hope he goes back to the Sinatra thing- that Billy Joel song was a mess!!!

Is Jasmine the name of the Lauren Hill Hawaiian girl I like?

Upvote 0

New Creation

*Practise Promiscuous Charity*
Aug 4, 2003
Visit site
✟5,331.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
* kittie * said:
clay aiken is great. but it's too bad that he has that "popstar image". maybe one day, he'll be respected, because he has an awesome voice. but...yeah.
I remember Clay Aiken because the first time I heard him sing, I got goose bumps. He left me breathless. Amazing gift.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
A

Adam Kadamon

The last two times I only watched the auditions and the final episodes. This year I'm watching it all XD. I missed who won this week though XP

Speaking of Clay...you know, his girlfriend (don't know if he is still dating her...they were together when he was doing AI at least...I don't know...I don't keep up with his news.) actually lived on the same street as my father. And Clay lived about 15 minutes from where I live. Odd...kind of... thinking we could have been in the mall at the same time or just a minute from each other or something.

Well...not really odd. He's just an average boy with a suberb voice. My friend Rene thinks I'm the luckiest person in the world. She's in love with Clay XP

Upvote 0

Amour

Jan 20, 2004
Georgia
✟7,655.00
Faith
Christian
Hee, I'm the biggest Clay Aiken fan you'll ever meet. Honestly. I think he's coming back to preform on American Idol on the 17th of March, but when I saw him in concert a few days ago his voice was really hoarse. :( I wonder how he'll pull that one off.

I remember Clay Aiken because the first time I heard him sing, I got goose bumps.
I know! Me too. I've been crazy about him ever since. I feel bad, though, because when I first saw him I laughed because he was just ... not a person who looked like he could sing. Then he opened that mouth and suddenly his looks didn't matter. Now I think he's the best looking guy on the planet, so yeah. *laughs*

Speaking of Clay...you know, his girlfriend (don't know if he is still dating her...they were together when he was doing AI at least...I don't know...I don't keep up with his news.
Really!? He always said that he didn't have a girlfriend when he was on AI. Hmmm. I small conspiracy. ;)
My friend Rene thinks I'm the luckiest person in the world.
Haha, you are the luckiest person in the world. I wish I lived in North Carolina.

Is Jasmine the name of the Lauren Hill Hawaiian girl I like?
Yes, I think she is.

Upvote 0
A

Adam Kadamon

Amour said:
H

Really!? He always said that he didn't have a girlfriend when he was on AI. Hmmm. I small conspiracy. ;)

Well...maybe it was after AI, then. I told you I've never really followed it. XP I know one time my dad told me they had camera crews, etc.. up there questioning her. The traffic was amazing.

Haha, you are the luckiest person in the world. I wish I lived in North Carolina.

No you don't -_-

Upvote 0

Amour

Jan 20, 2004
Georgia
✟7,655.00
Faith
Christian
Hm, I haven't heard anything about Clay's previous girlfriends, but he said he didn't have any during the duration of American Idol. If it was a girlfriend from before, I bet that'd be weird, wouldn't it? I can't imagine having a guy I know become an over-night sensation. It's wild.

No you don't -_-
Teehee. I don't see why not! What's so bad about it up there?

Upvote 0