Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
There's no *about to* in this at all. The projection that we might come to this in the future so as to balance payments with receipts (which in itself is not necessary) has been in the talking stage for many years.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

angeltrue

May 6, 2016
NJ
✟27,118.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There's no *about to* in this at all. The projection that we might come to this in the future so as to balance payments with receipts (which in itself is not necessary) has been in the talking stage for many years.
I haven't followed it but we're heading into SS so now I am. I just received an alert this morning. I read that the middle class is disappearing. I like to know how others see it.

Upvote 0

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
my grandma somehow lived only on S.S.
they never owned a house or car

whenever husband and I visited her in her senior apt
(low cost housing), her fridge was basically empty except for condiments and one or two items

so we took to bringing groceries when we visited and I kept getting after my mom, that Grandma needed stuff

it will be tough for a lot of people!

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
True for the ones living only on Social Security with no other savings or homes bought and paid for etc etc it will be a tight one.

Best to plan for your future.

For it comes before we know it.

M-Bob

Upvote 0

angeltrue

May 6, 2016
NJ
✟27,118.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
my grandma somehow lived only on S.S.
they never owned a house or car

whenever husband and I visited her in her senior apt
(low cost housing), her fridge was basically empty except for condiments and one or two items

so we took to bringing groceries when we visited and I kept getting after my mom, that Grandma needed stuff

it will be tough for a lot of people!
I know Christine, I'm concerned for the elderly. When I was a cashier many years ago I had old people come in and tell me they were eating dog food. I hope that it's not cut down to the point of being unable to survive. My brother in law is still working into his late 70s.

Upvote 0

angeltrue

May 6, 2016
NJ
✟27,118.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
True for the ones living only on Social Security with no other savings or homes bought and paid for etc etc it will be a tight one.

Best to plan for your future.

For it comes before we know it.

M-Bob
You're right. We saved but sometimes life throws you a curve ball. I was hurt and the medical expenses are unbelievable. I learned that there are many hidden expenses that insurance doesn't pay. I underwent a critical operation and our insurance paid a hefty amount but the hospital demanded the co-pay 15 minutes before my surgery - we didn't even know we owed it, no one told us. They refused to do the operation until my husband paid it. I was fortunate that my husband was a hustler and worked two jobs and did well. But no one likes to hear that now the SS is going to get cut. I'm concerned about it being around for my children because their paychecks are really being cut into.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Cuts benefits FOR THE RICHEST BENEFICIARIES.

Would not every liberal here start turning cartwheels in the belief that the Democrats' approach might have been adopted by the Republicans in this instance?

The article also points out that Trump pledged not to cut benefits, regardless of that 2016 proposal.

So now, all those folks who hate him can: 1) choose to say he is a liar, claiming that he certainly will cut benefits...or else 2) explain why doing what the Democrats have always advocated as their solution to every fiscal problem--soak the rich--is suddenly not what they want.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

angeltrue

May 6, 2016
NJ
✟27,118.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Reactions: Yarddog
Upvote 0

angeltrue

May 6, 2016
NJ
✟27,118.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Cuts benefits FOR THE RICHEST BENEFICIARIES.

I should think you would be turning cartwheels in the belief that the Democrats' approach might have been adopted by the Republicans in this instance.

The article also points out that Trump pledged not to cut benefits, regardless of that 2016 proposal.

So now, all those folks who hate him can: 1) choose to say he is a liar because he certainly will cut benefits...or else 2) explain why doing what the Democrats have always advocated as their solution to every fiscal problem--soak the rich--is suddenly not what they want.
If it is cutting benefits for the rich then that would be understandable. I just didn't want them cutting benefits on Jan and Joe Average who might need that money to stay above water.

• Agree
Reactions: Yarddog
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
If it is cutting benefits for the rich then that would be understandable. I just didn't want them cutting benefits on Jan and Joe Average who might need that money to stay above water.

Well, that is what the article says that plan called for (two years ago in a different Congress with a different President).

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married

Just how much have Jan and Joe earned a mo. for the last 10 yrs?

Rich is only relative to how much you earn.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

angeltrue

May 6, 2016
NJ
✟27,118.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have read this article 2 times in the last 6 mo. thinking it was something important, ....It"s not.

Yeah some day in the future maybe there will have to be cuts, but in the foreseeable future not likely, remember POLITICIANS want to be reelected, they would be cutting their own throat if they cut SS.
That makes sense but they don't seem to care what the American people want any other time. I haven't followed the SS saga but now have started to.

Upvote 0

angeltrue

May 6, 2016
NJ
✟27,118.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I just read the statistics that most wealth in the country is held by a small group of people. I'm talking about millionaires - people who aren't going to be hurt by a cut. I just read that the middle class is devolving into the poor class. If they cut SS some elderly may find themselves out in the street.

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟821,456.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

It seems that you be what the average American makes a year. She did say Jan and Joe Average.

That would be about $60, 000 total.

Reactions: angeltrue
Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,351.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
  • Agree