American Clothing Manufacturing, Where Did It Go?

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟92,291.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
...because they will have no choice. But that could ultimately harm the economy as consumers will have less buying power. And it could also lead to trade wars.
No it will lead to increased jobs returning that have left America for increased profit at the expense of slave labor in 3rd world countries.

Greedy Business owners that want to leave and invest overseas will now think twice about turning their backs on America and its citizens.

Yes its the wealthy business owners that are taking American jobs and running overseas, and allowed to do it.

Tariffs will stop the 3rd world slave labor onslaught that is draining Americas bank account.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,465.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
No it will lead to increased jobs returning that have left America for increased profit at the expense of slave labor in 3rd world countries.

Greedy Business owners that want to leave and invest overseas will now think twice about turning their backs on America and its citizens.

Yes its the wealthy business owners that are taking American jobs and running overseas, and allowed to do it.

Tariffs will stop the 3rd world slave labor onslaught that is draining Americas bank account.

Found an economist who agrees with your assessment yet?

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Truth7t7: Pretty hard for a free western society to compete with slave labor at (.21 cents an hour) and working conditions as described below.

How can a free western society support such actions upon humans?

Wikipedia: Textile industry in Bangladesh
wikipedia-wordmark-en.png

The textile and clothing industries provide the single source of growth in Bangladesh's rapidly developing economy.[1] Exports of textiles and garments are the principal source of foreign exchange earnings. By 2002 exports of textiles, clothing, and ready-made garments (RMG) accounted for 77% of Bangladesh’s total merchandise exports.[2] In 1972, the World Bank approximated the gross domestic product (GDP) of Bangladesh at USD 6.29 billion and it grew to USD 173.82 billion by 2014, with USD 31.2 billion of that generated by exports, 82% of which was ready-made garments.

Of the millions of wage earning children in Bangladesh in 1990, almost all of them worked in the ready-made garment industry. Based on the Bangladesh Bureau of Statistics Labor Force Survey estimated there were about 5.7 million 10- to 14-year-old children engaged in child labor. This number may have been as high as 15 million children.

Working conditions

Garment workers have protested against their low wages. The firsts protests broke out in 2006, and since then, there have been periodic protests by the workers.[64] This has forced the government to increase minimum wages of workers.

Many textile factories in Bangladesh often compromise worker health and safety because of the tough pressure from the ordering companies to make tight deadlines. Management will often push workers in order to ensure that an order is fulfilled. This poses a problem as workers have almost no avenues with which to file a complaint.
The President has been a big supporter of clothing made in Bangladesh.

Reactions: Allandavid
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I disagree, if tariffs put foreign clothing on the shelf at the same price as American, they will buy American.
Ever try selling used clothing? Much of the donated clothing in the US is shipped overseas because of the glut. That’s why you see some starving kid in a third world country wearing New Englan Patriots gear.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I used to make some money on ebay by selling designer jeans that I found at Goodwill.
I once donated to a program called “Beer for the Homeless”. I think you probably contributed to a more worthy cause.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I once donated to a program called “Beer for the Homeless”. I think you probably contributed to a more worthy cause.

My wealth is the worthiest of causes.

• Haha
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟92,291.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I used to make some money on ebay by selling designer jeans that I found at Goodwill.
A prime example of where America is heading.

I live in So Cal, 30 years ago jobs in manufacturing were everywhere.

Cant find many today, the old buildings are now warehouses for foreign goods.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,509.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

They're not coming back. Automation is cheaper and more reliable than people.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

So, are we going to get a response from you concerning your hero having his clothing made in BANGLADESH....??

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

A lot of those jeans were made in the USA, and their high retail prices were the only reason I could make any money re-selling them.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

And some are now condos and restaurants. Some were demoed for new construction and some are toxic waste dumps

Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟92,291.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A lot of those jeans were made in the USA, and their high retail prices were the only reason I could make any money re-selling them.
Keep up your work, were all trying to scrarch a living.

40 years ago you could get a job anywhere, start the same day, no problem getting 2-3 times more than minimum wage at the time, like $20 an hour now, fresh out of high school.

Nothing wrong with your nitch in resale, honest buck!

Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

40 years ago you could get a job anywhere, start the same day, no problem getting 2-3 times more than minimum wage at the time, like $20 an hour now, fresh out of high school.

So, is Donnie/David/John making an honest buck from the clothing he has made for him in BANGLADESH...!?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Is it true Australia was a penal colony for England (POME)?

It was actually several....and it’s Pom.

Now, he who has been screaming from the rooftops about the evils of conducting business in Bangladesh,...what do you say about your hero doing the same?

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

You must’ve been living a different place than I. Where was this place of which you speak?

Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟92,291.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It was actually several....and it’s Pom.

Now, he who has been screaming from the rooftops about the evils of conducting business in Bangladesh,...what do you say about your hero doing the same?
(P)risoner (O)f (M)other (E)ngland

POME

Upvote 0