Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He is also "The Amen" (or so be it)

Gen 1:3 And God said, Let there be light

Rev 3:14 These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;

The Amen... so be it

Gen 1:3... and there was light.

Thats pretty kool too

Upvote 0
Apr 14, 2012
✟7,781.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
He is also "The Amen" (or so be it)

Gen 1:3 And God said, Let there be light

Rev 3:14 These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;

The Amen... so be it

Gen 1:3... and there was light.

Thats pretty kool too

little confused here???

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
little confused here???

These things saith the "so be it"

God said, "let there be" (and "so be it") "there was"

Isaiah 55:11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

Upvote 0
Apr 14, 2012
✟7,781.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
These things saith the "so be it"

God said, "let there be" (and "so be it") "there was"

Isaiah 55:11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

Ok I got you so God said "LET THERE BE LIGHT" and there was light or so be it. but what does that have to do with us saying Amen after prayer, during prayer we are usually praising and asking for certain things and praying for an answere. So in essence its not "so be it" when we say a prayer.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MrJim

Legend 3/17/05
Mar 17, 2005
FEMA Region III
✟42,622.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Isn't it a strange coincidence that practically every country and almost every established religion took on the Greek translation of that 1 word to end, begin, or end and begin prayer?

The Septuagint (LXX) was the "Old Testament" used by the early church~~Greek translation that many believe to be more accurate than the Masoretic text...:amen:

"Established Religion"? Buddhists & Hindus use "amen"?

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ok I got you so God said "LET THERE BE LIGHT" and there was light or so be it. but what does that have to do with us saying Amen after prayer, during prayer we are usually prasing and asking for certain things and praying for an answere. So it isn't what we spoke in essence its not "so be it" when we say a prayer.

If we ask anything in His name, He says, "I will do it"

I would see the Amen, as "so be it"

Or as "in him" yea

Just thought Id add them, but I can delete my posts, no problem

Upvote 0
Apr 14, 2012
✟7,781.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
"Established Religion"? Buddhists & Hindus use "amen"?[/quote]

I am not 100% sure and this is were I found it to be strange. During researching different things on the web I came across this statement. then I came across an explanation that the reason this is, is because all "RELIGION" can be traced back to the worship of Amen-Ra. It was kind of put like King James who was a Roman Catholic had ties with different "RELIGIONS" and was trying to "CREATE" a Bible that was appealing to ALL PEOPLE of all religion, But at the same time he also infiltrated the Bible and corrupted it. Although We have good intentions in praying to the all mighty God if every prayer is ended in Amen then who are we unconsciosly realy sending our prayers to???

After Learning more about the sun god Amen-Ra and how he post dates Christianity and King James,this really worried me and made me want to NOT ever say Amen in prayer. this is just my personal experience in the past few months as I search for the truth...

I also Find it very strange that King James was a Catholic but is in charge at the time the Christian Bible that we go by was put together by people under his command. Although he was a Catholic! then when you research the Catholic Church The Vatican and The Pope even Queen Mary you begin to learn of what we as Christians consider evil and blasphemy. So how could someone involved in such "EVIL" give us The Holy Bible???

Upvote 0
Apr 14, 2012
✟7,781.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship

I would see the Amen, as "so be it"

Or as "in him" yea

Just thought Id add them, but I can delete my posts, no problem

no need to delete Im just trying to have educational conversation.

Upvote 0
Apr 14, 2012
✟7,781.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship

This is a verse that out of content can be misunderstood. Just because we pray for something doesn't mean God will do it. As I watched my Father pass away with cancer I personally witness NOT my prayers not come to be, But the prayers of a Man that I feel lived his life for the Lord and was Truly committed to his Christianity throught my entire life. and even his very last prayer was not granted to him as he died with his eyes wide open and completely conscious. He told me just prior to that how he had accepted his fate and was ready to be taken home, he just prayed that he would go peacefully in his sleep. I watched him take his last breath and trust me it wasn't a peaceful even, and he wasn't asleep.

I felt like God turned his back on him for a while, until I realized GOD is in control and had a bigger purpose than what my Dad was praying for.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

This is a verse that out of content can be misunderstood. Just because we pray for something doesn't mean God will do it. As I watched my Father pass away with cancer I personally witness NOT my prayers not come to be, But the prayers of a Man that I feel lived his life for the Lord and was Truly committed to his Christianity throught my entire life. and even his very last prayer was not granted to him as he died with his eyes wide open and completely conscious. He told me just prior to that how he had accepted his fate and was ready to be taken home, he just prayed that he would go peacefully in his sleep. I watched him take his last breath and trust me it wasn't a peaceful even, and he wasn't asleep.

I felt like God turned his back on him for a while, until I realized GOD is in control and had a bigger purpose than what my Dad was praying for.

I am only adding scripture not my own imput to it.

I am looking at it in the context of Jesus words (I will do it) and of the Amen (so be it) in Him.

I too have asked for my own daughter not to pass away ( she did anyway). However, I was not posting in the context of my own situation.

Besides someone could ask us, "why should our situations make Jesus a liar?"

It speaks of His will, and it speaks of asking according to his will

2Ch 1:11 God said to Solomon, Because this was in thine heart, and thou hast not asked riches, wealth, or honour, nor the life of thine enemies, neither yet hast asked long life; but hast asked wisdom and knowledge for thyself, that thou mayest judge my people, over whom I have made thee king:

And likewise wisdom and knowledge had been granted him, so James says..

James 1:5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

Stipulation..

James 1:6 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.

James 1:7 For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.

At least God pointed out what Solomon did not ask for, and a long life (for himself) he did not. Then James validates the asking for wisdom, and stipulates asking in faith, in respects to wavering on it, he adds let not that man think he shall receiving anything from the Lord. Same goes with is any sick among you, and bringing them to the elders and the prayer of faith is again mentioned.

Might depend what we are looking at, Jesus speaks of having faith and doubting not in respects to what shall be done unto you (and what we ask) in accord with his will.

That wouldnt void "these things saith the Amen" (so be it) or Christ the Word of God (by whom he made the worlds) or the words Jesus spake.

Or in otherwords, I wouldnt make Jesus a liar in the light of my own situation. I should rather be made the liar, or mistaken, or not understanding (or whichever one might chose).

Upvote 0
Apr 14, 2012
✟7,781.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
I am only adding scripture not my own imput to it.

I am looking at it in the context of Jesus words (I will do it) and of the Amen (so be it) in Him.

I too have asked for my own daughter not to pass away ( she did anyway). However, I was not posting in the context of my own situation.

Besides someone could ask us, "why should our situations make Jesus a liar?"

It speaks of His will, and it speaks of asking according to his will

2Ch 1:11 God said to Solomon, Because this was in thine heart, and thou hast not asked riches, wealth, or honour, nor the life of thine enemies, neither yet hast asked long life; but hast asked wisdom and knowledge for thyself, that thou mayest judge my people, over whom I have made thee king:

And likewise wisdom and knowledge had been granted him, so James says..

James 1:5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

Stipulation..

James 1:6 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.

James 1:7 For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.

At least God pointed out what Solomon did not ask for, and a long life (for himself) he did not. Then James validates the asking for wisdom, and stipulates asking in faith, in respects to wavering on it, he adds let not that man think he shall receiving anything from the Lord. Same goes with is any sick among you, and bringing them to the elders and the prayer of faith is again mentioned.

Might depend what we are looking at, Jesus speaks of having faith and doubting not in respects to what shall be done unto you (and what we ask) in accord with his will.

That wouldn't void "these things saith the Amen" (so be it) or Christ the Word of God (by whom he made the worlds) or the words Jesus spake.

Or in other words, I wouldn't make Jesus a liar in the light of my own situation. I should rather be made the liar, or mistaken, or not understanding (or whichever one might chose).

I'm not saying by any means that God is a liar!!!

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Chavez

May 4, 2005
Ireland
✟16,215.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I had similar questions about when we say "through Jesus' name" or "in Jesus' name". But I eventually had them all answered. So undoubtedly there is a simple answer to this one. And I'm thinking it is along the lines of what Fireinfolding is suggesting...with so be it.
I've personally had the exact same problem in 2007 with relation to illness and death. Prayer, I mean desperate prayer seemed to go unanswered. Even though I already knew I couldn't pray for a million diamonds and then some, I was still trying. That was my own ignorance though. But I still struggled with it.

Upvote 0
Apr 14, 2012
✟7,781.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
"Established Religion"? Buddhists & Hindus use "amen"?[/quote]

Well I haven't studied either of those religions but from just a quick research I see that the Hindu worship the sun in some of there rituals therefor eliminating the hidden use of Amen.

I didn't find the direct connection to sun worship in buddhist but I did see something about sun worship being tied in somehow.

Upvote 0