Ohio
✟9,018.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I watch AMC, not nearly as much and attentive as I use to. I grew up watching that soap. But here lately I try to catch it when I am actually not doing something at that time to pay attention to it.. It's really getting good now. hehe :)

Upvote 0

MQTA

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2004
Ft Myers, FL
✟69,630.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I rarely watched AMC, never really liked it, until they suckered us in with the Ace SL

So I've been watching AMC but FF'ing anything not involving that SL. The last 2 days have been real exciting though. I feel so bad for Bianca though :(

I've been watching OLTL & GH since 1982, on and off. When we got married and bought a VCR, the first thing I was told to program was 2pm-4pm ABC every day. After a few months of hearing it and trying to ignore it, the current SLs on both shows caught my attention.

I stopped watching back in 1989 when I changed jobs, but then last year some time we got a DVR cable box, so now they're recorded every day and I got hooked in again.

November is sweeps month though, they really try to make them exciting.

So if there's others who are current watchers, I'd like to hear from ya.

Upvote 0

Bluelighted

The stargazer
Jun 26, 2004
Western Canada
✟701.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I used to watch AMC in the late 80's with my mom and then the early 90's.

Now I watch OLTL on and off. Right now I have been watching it pretty much every day. GH I watch as "background noise" as it's on right after OLTL. It was my very first soap that I ever saw. I was around 4 or 5 years old when the Ice Princess storyline was on. OLTL and GH are very well written shows, unlike most of the other soaps.

Upvote 0

roseduelist04

~Anime fan for life.~
Sep 22, 2004
N.C.
Visit site
✟20,271.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I watch all 3. Its been at least half a year since I started watching GH, I have been watching the other 2 since I can remember. Now that I'm graduated from high school and can watch them each day until I can find a job and even when that happens I can allways watch them on the soapnet channel. I am really into the whole baby story in OLTL and AMC, just when you think Bicanca is going to have Miranda back she gets push out that window by JR and then she is going to be in a coma. I hope when she wakes up that she will remember that her baby is alive.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

copperboom

Jan 10, 2005
Visit site
✟7,977.00
Faith
Lutheran
Politics
US-Republican
Right now Jason and Sam our my favorite. I hope they keep them together. I like the show more when it's more action packed with things like Helena's maze or the mob scene.

Carly's always in trouble which is kind of funny but yeah I heard in some spoiler that she's going to get herself into a whole lot of trouble! Who's your favs?

Upvote 0

snoochface

Meet the new boss -- same as the old boss.
Jan 3, 2005
San Marcos, CA
✟175,547.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I've watched OLTL since Vikki was involved with Harry (? Didi's dad?) as Nikki Smith and was going out to bars and stuff with him. That's the first storyline I remember from that show and I've pretty much been hooked ever since. Sooooo glad the Santis are finally gone, and I'm sort of interested in what's going on with Christian. But this Todd/Margaret storyline has to go, hehe.

I watch AMC too, and I'm allll about Bianca getting her baby back, and Babe and Jamie's love/baby/family story.

But I'm not sure what to think about Zach/Maria/Edmond. I still have a hard time seeing Maria with anyone besides Edmond. I guess since the actors' real-life marriage is breaking up, they don't feel comfortable playing marrieds on TV anymore. It's sad, I love Thorsten Kaye (Zach) from his OLTL and Port Charles days, but I don't want him to go to waste on AMC.

I don't have anyone to dish soaps with anymore - I was glad to see this thread! :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MQTA

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2004
Ft Myers, FL
✟69,630.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
copperboom said:
Right now Jason and Sam our my favorite. I hope they keep them together. I like the show more when it's more action packed with things like Helena's maze or the mob scene.

Carly's always in trouble which is kind of funny but yeah I heard in some spoiler that she's going to get herself into a whole lot of trouble! Who's your favs?

Yeah, spoilers, gotta love 'em. They're building up for Feb sweeps month.

I'm not too fond of the Emily story lines, I used to like her but now I can't stand her. I don't know what I like about GH any more, just can't seem to stop watching it. It's like a Soap Opera! LOL :)

Upvote 0

MQTA

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2004
Ft Myers, FL
✟69,630.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
snoochface said:
I've watched OLTL since Vikki was involved with Harry (? Didi's dad?) as Nikki Smith and was going out to bars and stuff with him. That's the first storyline I remember from that show

When we got married back in the dark ages of gigantic VCRs, we bought one. Right away I was being told to record OLTL & GH. I think that was the storyline back then too! 1982/1983 I kept trying to ignore it, but then Vicki/Nikki sl caught my attention, and on GH Scorpio and the Asian Quarter sl caught my ear.

and I've pretty much been hooked ever since. Sooooo glad the Santis are finally gone, and I'm sort of interested in what's going on with Christian. But this Todd/Margaret storyline has to go, hehe.
I stopped watching back in 1989, but I work 12-8am so I was catching them here and there just to keep up. A few months ago my daughter had the bright idea to get DVRs, so I've been watching them again.

NO idea what's going on with Christian yet. Is it him, or is it NOT him?

I watch AMC too, and I'm allll about Bianca getting her baby back, and Babe and Jamie's love/baby/family story.

But I'm not sure what to think about Zach/Maria/Edmond. I still have a hard time seeing Maria with anyone besides Edmond. I guess since the actors' real-life marriage is breaking up, they don't feel comfortable playing marrieds on TV anymore.

Yeah, you never know what goes on offscreen unless you catch a SOD where they're talking about it. I've been keeping up with AMC since they kidnapped Ace. I really felt bad for Bianca though. I keep trying not to watch the other sl's, but it's not working. LOL

It's sad, I love Thorsten Kaye (Zach) from his OLTL and Port Charles days, but I don't want him to go to waste on AMC.

Zach was on OLTL? How long ago was that? Who did he play?

I don't have anyone to dish soaps with anymore - I was glad to see this thread! :D

Of all the soap watchers in the world, I hardly find anyone online to talk about the soaps with. There is an MSN group for GH, but that's just TOO many people. I like their spoilers and rumors though. Thanks for joining in :)

Upvote 0

copperboom

Jan 10, 2005
Visit site
✟7,977.00
Faith
Lutheran
Politics
US-Republican
MQTA said:
Yeah, spoilers, gotta love 'em. They're building up for Feb sweeps month.

I'm not too fond of the Emily story lines, I used to like her but now I can't stand her. I don't know what I like about GH any more, just can't seem to stop watching it. It's like a Soap Opera! LOL :)

Yeah they are building up sweeps. :cool: That's why we keep watching it. I always think I'm gonna stop watching this and then sweeps hit nad I get sucked back into it.

I don't like Emily's storylines either or Jax and Courtney.:sigh:

Upvote 0

snoochface

Meet the new boss -- same as the old boss.
Jan 3, 2005
San Marcos, CA
✟175,547.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
MQTA said:
NO idea what's going on with Christian yet. Is it him, or is it NOT him?

I know, the way they were showing him all bandaged up and with that notebook, it makes me think he's been replaced by someone who got plastic surgery and wants to get back at John and Natalie, or... something silly like that :D. I'm actually way behind on this show right now - I think I'm watching shows off my TiVo that are from New Year's.

MQTA said:
Zach was on OLTL? How long ago was that? Who did he play?

Yeah, this was back, oh, probably ten years ago almost. He played Patrick Thornhart, an Irish poet. I'm probably going to get my storylines confused, but he met up with Marty Saybrooke in Ireland, and then was somehow mistaken for the original Todd Manning when some hit men were after him. Todd was presumed dead, Patrick came back to Llanview and hooked up with Blair, and then Todd came home and found them together - that's how the very first custody battle over Starr began. Then Patrick hooked up with Marty and they had a bunch of drama with some Irish militant group, and he wrote poetry while she played piano and found some kind of secret code in the sheet music, and they eventually rode off into the sunset of the witness protection program ^_^

On Port Charles, he played Patrick's brother, Ian Thornhart, and the actress who played Marty showed up as a ghost playing Ian's sister. Which is made even more weird by the fact that the two actors have been together since their OLTL days and have a new baby now.

Wow, that was a lot of storyline to remember! :eek:

Upvote 0