AMC, OLTL and/or GH ?

snoochface

Meet the new boss -- same as the old boss.
Jan 3, 2005
San Marcos, CA
✟175,547.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Oblivious said:
Nope, I'm a DOOL watcher. ;)

I got so into Days during the serial killer/New Salem Island story. I'd only read about it in my SOD but it intrigued me into finally watching it. Once they revealed how all these people had managed to be alive after the killings, though... I dunno, it seemed like a pretty silly explanation and I ended up losing interest. Besides, if I'd had to listen to one of Jennifer's blood-curdling jungle screams one more time I might have locked myself up in Jan's country-home prison and thrown away the key ;)

Upvote 0

MQTA

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2004
Ft Myers, FL
✟69,630.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
snoochface said:
I know, the way they were showing him all bandaged up and with that notebook, it makes me think he's been replaced by someone who got plastic surgery and wants to get back at John and Natalie, or... something silly like that :D. I'm actually way behind on this show right now - I think I'm watching shows off my TiVo that are from New Year's.
I have a DVR, it's the cable company's own version of TiVo. Not sure how TiVo works but you just find on showing and can have it Record All. We have it record OLTL and GH on ABC and SoapNet and AMC just on ABC so far. Trying to stop watching AMC after the Ace SL is over, probably the end of February. Can't keep up with 3 shows.

But having the DVR is great... doesn't take me an hour each, more like 40 minutes and no brainwashing commercials over and over and over!

Yeah, this was back, oh, probably ten years ago almost. He played Patrick Thornhart, an Irish poet. I'm probably going to get my storylines confused, but he met up with Marty Saybrooke in Ireland, and then was somehow mistaken for the original Todd Manning when some hit men were after him.

Right right right! I KNEW he looked familiar! I remember now. Yeah! I liked him as Patrick. He also reminds me of a coworker I don't see often any more, but when I see Zach I think of him. LOL

Todd was presumed dead, Patrick came back to Llanview and hooked up with Blair, and then Todd came home and found them together - that's how the very first custody battle over Starr began. Then Patrick hooked up with Marty and they had a bunch of drama with some Irish militant group, and he wrote poetry while she played piano and found some kind of secret code in the sheet music, and they eventually rode off into the sunset of the witness protection program ^_^

On Port Charles, he played Patrick's brother, Ian Thornhart, and the actress who played Marty showed up as a ghost playing Ian's sister. Which is made even more weird by the fact that the two actors have been together since their OLTL days and have a new baby now.

Wow, that was a lot of storyline to remember! :eek:
Thanks for filling me in and jogging my memory. I remember the OLTL Patrick, but not Ian on Port Charles, never watched that. I caught an episode of it a few months ago and saw Kelly Monaco (GH Sam) on it as Livvy? I didn't know she was on PC before GH.

Boy, what a history those 3 towns have.

Upvote 0

copperboom

Jan 10, 2005
Visit site
✟15,477.00
Faith
Lutheran
Politics
US-Republican
copperboom said:
Right now Jason and Sam our my favorite. I hope they keep them together.

He proposed on Friday!---> I missed most of it cause I had my tonsils taken out on friday and I was still out of it from the anethesia but I woke up in time to see Jason propose!

Upvote 0
AMC lost one of their original cast members this weekend. Ruth Warrick who played the legendary Phoebe died as a result of complications due to pneumonia. She was 88. AMC had their 35th anniversary show just a few days ago, and that was Phoebe's last apperance. She was a classic character that will be missed.

Upvote 0