Amazing Race 14

sweeticus

Mar 5, 2009
✟15,774.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not a big surprise. But I was expecting to see some kind of penelty on both Jen and Luke for their tit for tat clue grabs.

That was crazy. They were both acting like 10 year olds, but I couldn't believe how mad Luke got at the end. I thought he was going to walk off the show.

It seemed like he was taking a lot of anger about his life out on that one moment. It was out of proportion to the incident.

Upvote 0

Veritas

1 Lord, 1 Faith, 1 Baptism
Aug 7, 2003
Pacific NW USA
Visit site
✟109,662.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
I think Luke's mom overreacted. Both sides were at fault and I think when they go back and look at what we all saw, there's room for apology on all sides. I'm wondering if they are watching just as we are since they film this in advance of the airing.

Upvote 0
J

Jenster

I agree that both sides are at fault, but I also don't think that "smiling and laughing" is appropriate in the least. It's a defense mechanism that belittles the other person by ignoring them and their feelings. I hope Jen & Kisha are out soon.

Also, funny how quick people are to jump on the "haha, their bad karma is coming back to bite them" bandwagon when something happens to OTHER people, but they don't think the same thing when they themselves run into problems...

I could do without some of the teams' comments insulting the people of other countries, too. What a waste of an experience if all you do is see foreign people as stupid.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
yep, that continued race hasn't been pulled in a while!

and i agree, both team should have gotten extra delay time at the beginning of the next leg of the race for unsportsmanlike conduct. Mike and Mark were given time out for hiding the bicycle pumps from the other teams, so why shouldn't they both have been given time out for the shoving at the clue box? the only reason i can figure is that the producers felt that each team gave as good as they got, whereas Mike and Mark did it to all the teams.

seems like they need to ammend the rules for next season.;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Maren

Veteran
Oct 20, 2007
✟57,368.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
I was glad that the one time the Ugly American Twins came in first, was the one time there was no prize or benefit for it. :)

Actually, I thought the previous week the team that was just as "Ugly American" did win it. I seem to remember lots of comments from Jen and Keisha that qualify them as Ugly Americans the last few weeks. It seems like most of the teams have had Ugly American moments, though with how heavily edited the show is, it is hard to really determine just how "ugly" any of the teams really are.

Though I will state, as someone that lived in Europe a number of years, that there is a reason Americans have the reputation. While it is not all Americans, it is amazing to actually witness how loud and obnoxious many Americans can be (or worse, to be embarrassed by them when they are your guests).

Upvote 0

Maren

Veteran
Oct 20, 2007
✟57,368.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
You have to feel sorry for Jen & Kisha, to have fought back from the U-turn and then losing by such a small amount of time. You also have to admire them for how they fought through and completed the swim challenge last week.

Not sure if anyone else has been following Phil's ride across America, which is largely being done to raise money for MS. It has been interesting to follow his ride and how bicycling across America has really taken a toll on him. I was interested to see in his daily video blog this week that Brad, from this season of Amazing Race showed up to ride part of the way with Phil. He was looking healthy and I hope that means that his cancer is in remission.

Last, for those interested in applying for the next Amazing Race, I noticed that they are currently taking applications. You can find the application and instructions here.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Veritas

1 Lord, 1 Faith, 1 Baptism
Aug 7, 2003
Pacific NW USA
Visit site
✟109,662.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
I wonder how long she will regret that decision, we were shocked that they would stop even knowing how close the other team was behind them.

As embarrassing as it would be, I think that running and peeing at the same time would be preferrable to losing. I'd rather show up on that mat in front of Phil having wet myself than hear those words, "I'm sorry to tell you you've both been eliminated from the race". At least you'd have somthing to laugh at and tell you grandkids someday!:D:blush:

Upvote 0

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
As embarrassing as it would be, I think that running and peeing at the same time would be preferrable to losing. I'd rather show up on that mat in front of Phil having wet myself than hear those words, "I'm sorry to tell you you've both been eliminated from the race". At least you'd have somthing to laugh at and tell you grandkids someday!:D:blush:
And she wasn't even wearing her own cloths!

:D

Upvote 0

CarrieAg93

Senior Veteran
Oct 18, 2004
Texas
✟19,397.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't think I would have stopped. I would have peed on myself.

On another note. I know some of us would love to do the Amazing Race, but can't check out of our lives for that long. DH and I have signed up to do the Great Urban Race. It's one afternoon. We really don't know anything about it, but it looks fun so we signed up. Just thought some of you might be interested.

Upvote 0

bill'swife

let peace rule...
Jan 23, 2005
facebook
Visit site
✟127,389.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Exactly!! Honestly...how would anyone have known if she had wet herself? didn't she have a huge gown on?

Upvote 0