South Carolina
✟94,571.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I am not too sure how truthful this is, but are those in the system counted on the US census? I have been told that they are not counted. Who thought of this law? Ironically if a person gets in trouble for pot possession or petty theft, then there could be a chance that individual employers could discriminate against them. Even though they were in the system for a period of time, would they able to hold a job or vote, much less have the rights of citizens who have never been in the system. I write this because those who have been incarcerated cannot vote in some elections, have difficulty finding work or even applying for financial aid in some colleges and universities. Something is not right there, especially if one has truly, truly changed. What could be done to help those who are no longer in the system get a job and vote. I thought that the system isn't only about punishing criminals, but also rehabilitating criminals. Am I missing something here?

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟792,383.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
I am not too sure how truthful this is, but are those in the system counted on the US census? I have been told that they are not counted. Who thought of this law? Ironically if a person gets in trouble for pot possession or petty theft, then there could be a chance that individual employers could discriminate against them. Even though they were in the system for a period of time, would they able to hold a job or vote, much less have the rights of citizens who have never been in the system. I write this because those who have been incarcerated cannot vote in some elections, have difficulty finding work or even applying for financial aid in some colleges and universities. Something is not right there, especially if one has truly, truly changed. What could be done to help those who are no longer in the system get a job and vote. I thought that the system isn't only about punishing criminals, but also rehabilitating criminals. Am I missing something here?
I know a guy who had "truly truly changed", but kept reverting to his old habits. Got locked up I lost count how many times. But his repentance was convincing. Even he believed his own repentance. Just saying.

I do think employers, as part of society, should (not that gov should require it) of their own volition give guys a chance. A man who has been locked up should know better than to assume they should be trusted, and their employer needn't apologize for that. I know not all people are equal in ability to read other people, nor are all equal in their ability to fool other people.

• Informative
Reactions: Lik3
Upvote 0