Oct 24, 2008
Orlando, FL
Visit site
✟8,380.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Based on peoples statements I believe I am a false prophet or heretic in many eyes. Here is what I believe:

• The Bible is God's infallable Word. It is thee only written divine revelation to man.
  • God is three persons who together make one. God consists of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
  • Redemption comes through Jesus Christ alone. He was born of a virgin, died on the cross, spent three days in hell, resurrected from the died and is now seated at the right hand of the Father as our High Priest.
  • I am saved through confessing and believing in the Lordship of Jesus Christ. My spirit was born again and has the life and nature of God in it.
  • The baptism of the Holy Spirit is a experience subsequent to salvation and is evidenced with speaking in tongues.
  • The five fold ministry still exists today.
  • The gifts of the spirit still operate and should functions in the lives of Christians and churches today.
  • Jesus bore our sickness and disease at the time He bore our sins thereby providing healing in the atonement.
  • Total life prosperity is God's will for His children in this life and the life to come. Prosperity is ours as a Covenant right and corresponds with our obedience and heart.
  • Prosperity is for every area of your life including finances.
  • Jesus was prosperous.
  • Christians are not sinners, but are saved by grace, making them righteous by God.
  • The Bible is a Blood Covenant and we can have anything in it by right.
  • We are to walk by faith. Faith is our method to receiving from God.
  • God is motivated by Covenant and faith, and does not operate outside Covenant and faith.
  • God wants the Church to live holy and to bear fruit.
  • Words are spiritual forces that bring death of life into your life.
  • The great commission is to go to the world and spread the Gospel with sign following.
  • The rapture will happen, followed by seven years of tribulation; after which the Church and Jesus will return to earth and set up Jesus millennial Kingdom; then we will spend eternity with God on earth.
These are my foundational beliefs. If you don't agree with a few of them, does that make me false? Does it make me a heretic? I ask this because I want to see who will say it to me. I find people calling ministers heretics and false because they believe these things. At which point does a minister become false and a heretic?

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
no, you are neither false nor a heretic.
But it has taken Christianity a long time to get to this point. and during that time some have been burned at the stake for much less than this. In fact, Jesus Himself was crucified for believing it, and called much worse than false or heretic.

Upvote 0

MinJeremiah

Prosperous
Oct 24, 2008
Orlando, FL
Visit site
✟8,380.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have no idea. That's probably not all you believe, so you very well may be, again, no idea.

Your right, here is one: It is sin for a Christian to knowingly vote for a politician who supports special rights for gays and/or abortion.

Upvote 0

MinJeremiah

Prosperous
Oct 24, 2008
Orlando, FL
Visit site
✟8,380.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Oh right, I read that in 2 Politicians 3:5. But the path this is going down seems like you don't really want to ask a question, although it could just be me.

The questions are posed. As a minister I believe and teach the same things that other ministers do also. I listed those things. Am I a heretic and false? If I am, why? Further, if I'm not one, than why is people like Creflo Dollar and Benny Hinn considered to be? They believe and teach the same things.

Upvote 0

JimB

Legend
Jul 12, 2004
Nacogdoches, Texas
Visit site
✟34,757.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Based on peoples statements I believe I am a false prophet or heretic in many eyes. Here is what I believe:

• The Bible is God's infallable Word. It is thee only written divine revelation to man.
  • God is three persons who together make one. God consists of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
  • Redemption comes through Jesus Christ alone. He was born of a virgin, died on the cross, spent three days in hell, resurrected from the died and is now seated at the right hand of the Father as our High Priest.
  • I am saved through confessing and believing in the Lordship of Jesus Christ. My spirit was born again and has the life and nature of God in it.
  • The baptism of the Holy Spirit is a experience subsequent to salvation and is evidenced with speaking in tongues.
  • The gifts of the spirit still operate and should functions in the lives of Christians and churches today.
  • Jesus bore our sickness and disease at the time He bore our sins thereby providing healing in the atonement.
  • Total life prosperity is God's will for His children in this life and the life to come. Prosperity is ours as a Covenant right and corresponds with our obedience and heart.
  • Jesus was prosperous.
  • Christians are not sinners, but are saved by grace, making them righteous by God.
  • God is motivated by Covenant and faith, and does not operate outside Covenant and faith.
  • The great commission is to go to the world and spread the Gospel with sign following.
  • The rapture will happen, followed by seven years of tribulation; after which the Church and Jesus will return to earth and set up Jesus millennial Kingdom; then we will spend eternity with God on earth.
These are my foundational beliefs. If you don't agree with a few of them, does that make me false? Does it make me a heretic? I ask this because I want to see who will say it to me. I find people calling ministers heretics and false because they believe these things. At which point does a minister become false and a heretic?

Looking over your list, I would not call you a heretic or false prophet (of course), but I would say that you have been the victim of some pretty bad teaching.

~Xavier Money
One advantage of talking to yourself is that at least you know somebody is listening.

Upvote 0

Faulty

bind on pick up
Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2005
✟64,989.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Am I Heretic Or False Prophet?

Overreact much?

I've mentioned this before. I see a lot of where you are at in where I once was. Since then I've had years of praying, pondering, and studying and God has shown me where my understanding of these things were wrong. (In fact, He's opend my eyes to a number of new things concerning the nature of the Church in these last few weeks and I'll be focusing on those things for the forseeable future.)

The Biblical concepts were not wrong, but the understanding and application of the concepts as they are taught by many are wrong. Keep praying, pondering and studying (for knowledge through wisdom and not for doctrine) and one day you'll find yourself drifting from some of these positions as well.

Upvote 0

Optimax

Senior Veteran
May 7, 2006
New Mexico
✟41,659.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

• Jesus was prosperous.

Sounds like Bible to me.

Therefore if you are, guess I am as well.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JimB

Legend
Jul 12, 2004
Nacogdoches, Texas
Visit site
✟34,757.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Overreact much?

I've mentioned this before. I see a lot of where you are at in where I once was. Since then I've had years of praying, pondering, and studying and God has shown me where my understanding of these things were wrong. (In fact, He's opend my eyes to a number of new things concerning the nature of the Church in these last few weeks and I'll be focusing on those things for the forseeable future.)

The Biblical concepts were not wrong, but the understanding and application of the concepts as they are taught by many are wrong. Keep praying, pondering and studying (for knowledge through wisdom and not for doctrine) and one day you'll find yourself drifting from some of these positions as well.

Good post, FS. :thumbsup:

~Xavier Money
One advantage of talking to yourself is that at least you know somebody is listening.

Upvote 0

the.Sheepdog

You must be born again!
Oct 26, 2008
Sanford, FL
✟31,981.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I have no issue with your list either. I do wince when teachers say things like we are all gods however. I do wince when pastors tell Catholics to obey the Pope and that they have it right. I do wince when a pastor will make a show of blowing on someone to slay them in the spirit and they all fall over like dominoes. I do wince when they espouse financial nirvana if you just buy their CD's and product offer # 2, or bottle of genuine holy water, or rams horn from Israel.

If no one should be ill or sick or die then why does it happen? Am I just a lousy Christian if I catch cold? I was just 5 days in the hospital for internal bleeding. Was that hidden sin or was I just not applying my gifts properly?

Where I start wondering about Christians is when they start saying they are better or have something I don't and it's my fault I dont.

Upvote 0

Leimeng

Sep 25, 2004
Arizona USA
✟1,772.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Republican
~ Part of the issue has to do with bringing our lives into line with God's Word in every aspect. This takes effort. Most people do not seem to understand that the Christian life takes effort and is work! Salvation and forgivenness and grace are free, but there are Biblical disciplines. Disciplines is what too many people want to avoid.
~ Too many times people want to twist God's Word to conform to their experiances and theology. Thus is becomes easy to say someone is a heretic or false teacher or inmature or whatever other sort of appallation is applied to those who diligently seek after the face of God.
~ If you truely want to know and understand though, I believe there is a very simple solution to finding the results of your query...
~ Continue to discuss amongst yourselves...

Peace,

Leimeng

Flatulo Ergo Sum ~~~

(***Insert Personal One Liner Here***)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.