• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Am I having some kind of panic attack?

Marie

Senior Veteran
Apr 8, 2002
Arizona
Visit site
✟18,472.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm dizzy, shaky hands and knees, my whole body is trembling, I feel extremely hyper and restless, and my heart is racing a hundred miles a minute.

Is this some kind of panic attack??

I just started zoloft a couple of weeks ago, and forgot to take it this morning...could that have something to do with it???

Jillian1527

Apr 10, 2004
Indiana
✟8,024.00
Faith
Christian
yes. it sounds like a panic attack to me.. ((hugs)) they are horrible horrible. I dont know if the Zoloft has something to do with it or not. I take it and have panic attacks, but I have had them before I took it.
I am sorry your dealing with this. I wish I knew something that might help.. maybe you could go for a walk? I haven't found a way to stop them other than Xanax.
-Jillian

Upvote 0

Mercy Me

Mar 1, 2004
✟193.00
Faith
Christian
The zoloft won't do it if you miss only one day... if you do go cold turkey, you will feel like you have the flu for a few days.

Some of the alternatives to zoloft, paxil, etc. is to eat a low carb, sugar free diet, drink lots of water, take good vitamins and walk, walk, walk. Pour your heart out to the Lord....

Upvote 0

brenda_pulido

Mar 20, 2002
Monterrey Mexico
✟381.00
Faith
Christian
Yes. My name is Brenda.I suffer from a panic disorder and take Rivotril and Paxil. With God´s help and a lot of work in forgiveness those things are gone.

I have suffered this since 1994, when I was 18.

But smile.

There IS help, believe me. Try this web page: www.anxietycoach.com

Upvote 0

SpaceProg

Renegade Time Lord
Jan 27, 2004
Here and there. Mostly there.
✟10,195.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Politics
US-Others
The first panic attack is always the worst. :-/

I remember the first one I ever had. I was absolutely convinced I was dying.
I went to the doctor and had several while I was there. She gave me a physical and said that other than an increased heart rate, everything was working fine. She told me that more than likely I was having a panic attack.

They happen right out of the blue too without warning.

The good thing is, once you know them for what they are, that they're only in one's mind, then you can fight them and overcome them without relying on drugs. Though it's definately easier said than done. If I can do it though, anyone can. ;)

Upvote 0