• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

pantingdeer

Jun 19, 2016
United Kingdom
✟101,884.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I feel like I don’t love anyone. When growing up my grandparent died and I did not mourn or get sad. When my siblings left home I did not get sad. When my parents tell me they love me I don’t know what to say because I’m not sure if I love them. I don’t have deep-rooted feelings for people inside me. This doesn’t help when I hear about the gospel because even if I think I believe it I don’t know if I can say I love God/Jesus.
I wish I wasn’t like this. Feels like my heart is empty. I can’t honestly say I love anyone, not even me.

GospelS

A Daughter of Zion Seeking Her Father in Heaven!
Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟453,365.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No. You are not a sociopath. You are still growing and learning. You will be fine. Just fix your eyes on Jesus and trust Him alone. Don't trust in your feelings or worry about not feeling anything. Don't let your heart be empty. Keep filling it with the word of God and praises and worship. You are in safe hands if you stay close to God. He will take care of it all and one day you will overcome all things.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I feel like I don’t love anyone. When growing up my grandparent died and I did not mourn or get sad. When my siblings left home I did not get sad. When my parents tell me they love me I don’t know what to say because I’m not sure if I love them. I don’t have deep-rooted feelings for people inside me. This doesn’t help when I hear about the gospel because even if I think I believe it I don’t know if I can say I love God/Jesus.
I wish I wasn’t like this. Feels like my heart is empty. I can’t honestly say I love anyone, not even me.
Love is not a feeling.

Love is a commitment to help/support/be there for other people.

Any feelings may come later ...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Oldmantook

Jan 10, 2017
USA
✟99,173.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
How is that?
As I understand it, sociopaths have no remorse so the fact you are questioning yourself and seeking insight demonstrates that you are not a sociopath. It appears that you are trying to understand and better yourself which is always a good thing.

Reactions: dms1972
Upvote 0

pantingdeer

Jun 19, 2016
United Kingdom
✟101,884.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
As I understand it, sociopaths have no remorse so the fact you are questioning yourself and seeking insight demonstrates that you are not a sociopath. It appears that you are trying to understand and better yourself which is always a good thing.
I’m questioning myself because I wonder why I don’t care about anyone or anything.

Upvote 0

shineyourlight

Mar 6, 2020
New York
✟71,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
None of us are doctors, so no one can diagnose you. But....this could mean many things. One thing for sure, you are not a sociopath. I work with troubled kids....kids who are sociopaths, kids who are classified as psychotic (some are in psychosis right now), some have severe trauma to their lives. I meet different traumas and different disorders on a daily. The things you are describing are not sociopathic.

However, I do think seeing a psychiatrist/psychologist is good. It could be depression, it could be disassociating, it could be among other things.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

pantingdeer

Jun 19, 2016
United Kingdom
✟101,884.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
709FC3AB-B35E-4AF0-B605-E92B17B9FEA0.jpeg

Here are my results after 90 questions on a personality disorder test online

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I wouldn't trust an online assessment.

That's just my own personal opinion, though!
I

Nope.wouldn't either.

NPD, HPD and BPD for example.are 3 who h overlap so it strange that you score highly for borderline but low in histrionic, for example....I have BPD and have narcissism and histrionic traits with it

I am more inclined to believe this is depression or dissociation

Please remember that true sociopaths is extremely rare

Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I understand but your question does not make you a sociopath.
I

Neither do i...I don't really.give a you know what about other people.and have difficulty attaching to others. I do have diagnoses of BPD, CPTSD and other issues and to be honest my lack of attachments or commitment for others is linked to that. My therapist thinks so too. Inability to attach to others is based around trauma usually

Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I been told I come across as cold and uncaring (when am not in one of my high emotion states where I get dysregulated) and unavailable to others. I used to try please everyone but i.struggle to do that now. I have gone from people.pleased who is terrified of abandonment to a very cold person ...I take care of me first.

Upvote 0

Joyous Song

Jun 5, 2020
Buffalo
✟46,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I agree, you do not act like a sociopath, but troubled definitely. I have trouble discerning my emotions. Its how I was created, who I am. I have emotions they are just not well developed in me. So if you mean by love that cushy, comfortable oooh I feel so good feeling, I don't have that either.

It took me a long time to learn we all have a love language and not every ones is based on feeling. Mine is based on giving.

So maybe what you really need to to learn more about yourself so you can better accept how you are instead of trying to be something your not.

Upvote 0