• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Always feel lazy

SamanthaAnastasia

Just a library lady
Dec 21, 2018
Earth
✟168,850.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Sometimes I think my mental illness and medication is an excuse to be lazy.
Right now, I’m still getting used to my increase of medication.
It makes it hard to fall asleep but when I wake up(around 8 or so hours), I still feel extremely exhausted.
I dont even want to do any of my hobbies, just play on my phone or watch tv.
I don’t like being unproductive.
I don’t like being lazy.
I feel sinful I suppose because of sloth.
I just don’t know what to do about it.

whereloveandmercymeet

There but for the grace of God...
Nov 12, 2018
Dorset
✟125,170.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It doesn’t sound like lazy. Lazy you want to do things you like. Sounds more like the symptoms of mental illness. It should improve when you’re used to med changes. If not, tell your doctor you’re still feeling like this and they should be able to help.

Been there. Praying for you.

Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
It makes it hard to fall asleep but when I wake up(around 8 or so hours), I still feel extremely exhausted.
I don’t like being lazy.
I understand what you are saying. If you do not have a vitamin deficiency, then it is the depression causing the problem. Being outdoors and going for long walks can help with the problem. You could also have your blood checked to see if that is the problem.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don’t like being lazy.

Almost certainly your depression. i have struggled with not feel like doing anything for years, sometimes it is worse than other times. Do you find that in your manic times you become productive again, i always did. i become frantic even.

Upvote 0

Serving Zion

Seek First His Kingdom & Righteousness
May 7, 2016
Revelation 21:2
✟223,022.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don’t like being lazy.
It is probably mostly a side-effect of the medication (not completely though), so I'd say give it a couple of weeks and if it doesn't improve then you might talk to the doctor and see if there is an alternative, or a prospect of gradually reducing it by a small fraction until you find the right balance.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What i find about this is that lazy is such a loaded word and so negative. Low energy is a more accurate description of our state than lazy. Depression causes us to have less energy and medications often amplify that problem, that is not because we are lazy people but because we are ill and it is one of the symptoms.

i have been beating myself up for years because i judged myself lazy, which always made the depression worse and would yield rock bottom energy levels.

i found that vitamins in the B range helped me a lot to battle low energy levels, nevertheless low energy remains a symptom of my illness, especially now that i take anti-psychotics to keep the manic times at bay.

Peace.

Upvote 0

whereloveandmercymeet

There but for the grace of God...
Nov 12, 2018
Dorset
✟125,170.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What i find about this is that lazy is such a loaded word and so negative. Low energy is a more accurate description of our state than lazy. Depression causes us to have less energy and medications often amplify that problem, that is not because we are lazy people but because we are ill and it is one of the symptoms.

i have been beating myself up for years because i judged myself lazy, which always made the depression worse and would yield rock bottom energy levels.

i found that vitamins in the B range helped me a lot to battle low energy levels, nevertheless low energy remains a symptom of my illness, especially now that i take anti-psychotics to keep the manic times at bay.

Peace.

Yes! I think that’s a much better way of describing it, as low energy level. I would personally think lazy is a better description for an attitude rather than an outcome, if that makes sense. So someone who’s lazy is perfectly able (in body and mind) to do a given thing but simply doesn’t wish to rather than cannot muster the required mental or physical energy to do so (either temporarily or for a prolonged period).

Upvote 0