Status
Not open for further replies.

Horab

Feb 15, 2006
Calgary
✟265.00
Faith
Seeker
hi all- new member and like some of the people in this section, i'm interested in pursuing a Christian path i think

but i have an altar set up to Oggun and also one to Oya, and others i wont mention

i had very bad xperiences with this then i got involved with this false religon that took these ritual items as a joke coz that's what they thought all religons were

i could look on pagan forums and give them away but that doesnt strike me as the right thing to do either

or should i just wait til i'm sure?

thx for listening again.

-Horab

Deb7777

Oct 6, 2005
✟16,295.00
Faith
Catholic
Horab said:
hi all- new member and like some of the people in this section, i'm interested in pursuing a Christian path i think

but i have an altar set up to Oggun and also one to Oya, and others i wont mention

i had very bad xperiences with this then i got involved with this false religon that took these ritual items as a joke coz that's what they thought all religons were

i could look on pagan forums and give them away but that doesnt strike me as the right thing to do either

thx for listening again.

-Horab
Hi friend, welcome, I would definitely throw away anything to do with superstition, occult, other "Gods" than the Christian God , Father, Son and Holy Spirit, the blessed Trinity. Replace these things with a crucifix and holy images of Christianity to uplift your heart and soul. Christ is the way , the truth and the light that has inspired many to seek after the kingdom of God and to be other Christ's in the world. Start reading the bible and getting to know Christ, ask him to help you to know him and the blessed Trinity better, read some good Christian books and be open to the Holy Spirit to enlighten your heart with the truth, God bless.

Upvote 0

matthewgoh

Dec 15, 2005
Malaysia
Visit site
✟8,249.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are they some kind of idols (statues)? You can return them to the original place where you got them. If they were from a shop, just return to the shop, the shop owner knows what to do with them. If from your friend, just return to your friend. If the above are impossible, you can give them to the temple (talk to the person in charge).

Regards and God bless.

Upvote 0

PapaLandShark

Post Tenebras Lux
Dec 4, 2004
Seattle
Visit site
✟4,274.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Horab said:

thx for listening again.

-Horab
Well...unless your "altar" is breathing I'd say tape the items up in a box, mark it "Pagan Stuff", and put it elsewhere.

If you are brought to Christ then you will know what to do from there. Main thing is get it out of sight and mind for now if you can't decide at this moment.

Upvote 0

vespasia

Franciscan.
Site Supporter
Oct 15, 2004
Back
✟51,460.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Horab,

Houdon was not a thing I explored as it was not by culture to do so.
However some of the things I had were pretty bad even by my standards.

Altars that are constructed can be dismantled.
If you do not own anything outright tell those who own it they have [time limit] to collect it back if you cannot stand having it in your home.
That which could be broken I broke.
That which could be burnt I burnt [be careful doing this as some of the resins and oils can be rather flammable used in making some things can be rather flammable]
The precious metals I arranged to be melted by a silversmith.
Anything that refused to burn break smelt of melt is in a very deep stretch of treacherous water.

BUT as PapaLandShark has said you can put it into a box and seal it and place it well out of the way until you feel you should deal with it.

Learning who Christ is has to be far more important and Horab I considered Christ well worth the getting to know even after decades studying and exploring areas of occult interest that I was willing to drop the stuff after so many years. I was not considered to be someone who would easily change their mind either.

May God bless you and give you His peace as you get to know Him.

Reactions: PapaLandShark
Upvote 0

bethdinsmore

Veteran
Jun 21, 2005
Hawaii
Visit site
✟17,303.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
IMO, these items are dangerous and should be destroyed. Here's an example from New Testament times.
Acts 19:19
19 A number who had practiced sorcery brought their scrolls together and burned them publicly. When they calculated the value of the scrolls, the total came to fifty thousand drachmas.
(NIV)

If all the occult objects are not destroyed, they could harm other people too.

I left more detailed personal information in your thread "confused..ex wiccan...."

The only complete deliverance my friends and I found was in Jesus, when we each made the decision to trust in Him alone to pay for all our sins on the cross, and to rely on Him to get us to Heaven one day without depending on any of our good works or promises. I hope some day you will make that decision too. (Then we confessed those occult sins to God, and destroyed all our occult items.)

Please let me know if I can help in any way, friend. I will pray for your safety and guidance toward the One True God.

Aloha in Jesus

Upvote 0

bethdinsmore

Veteran
Jun 21, 2005
Hawaii
Visit site
✟17,303.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Hi - me again. Please let us know if you have questions or concerns about Christianity - maybe we can help make the path straighter and smoother.

Aloha in Jesus

Upvote 0

IceJad

May 23, 2005
✟100,795.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
If they are yours just trash them. If they aren't return them.

You don't have to worry about anything. It might be nerve racking for you if you believe in curse(just guessing). But know this

[Psalm 27:1] The Lord is my light and salvation- whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life- of whom shall I be afraid? - NIV

If you don't believe in curse then it shouldn't be a problem. I would not advise you to keep it not even as deco because God hate idols.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Ok, Im gonna be as nice as I can about the responses as I can.

Show some freaking respect....Ok I tried.

I realize that the Christian faith considers other faiths bad but that doesnt mean its right or nice to crush on different ways of doing things. This just....gets my blood boiling when I see this.

Ok, Horab I dont want to totally de-rail your thread so Ill take this elsewhere.

I would advise that if you feel that what your doing isnt good than you should stop.

As far as the items, you can PM me and we can talk about me taking them off your hands. I can probably find a use for them, or if not I know MANY people who would like them.

I am begging you not to smash them as (A. Thats extremely disrespectful and insulting to the god or goddess they represent and (B. Its very wasteful

I hope I helped somewhat, Im sorry for my earlier outburst

Upvote 0

IceJad

May 23, 2005
✟100,795.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Helo said:
Ok, Im gonna be as nice as I can about the responses as I can.

Show some freaking respect....Ok I tried.

I realize that the Christian faith considers other faiths bad but that doesnt mean its right or nice to crush on different ways of doing things. This just....gets my blood boiling when I see this.

Ok, Horab I dont want to totally de-rail your thread so Ill take this elsewhere.

I would advise that if you feel that what your doing isnt good than you should stop.

As far as the items, you can PM me and we can talk about me taking them off your hands. I can probably find a use for them, or if not I know MANY people who would like them.

I am begging you not to smash them as (A. Thats extremely disrespectful and insulting to the god or goddess they represent and (B. Its very wasteful

I hope I helped somewhat, Im sorry for my earlier outburst
I know what you mean by disrespecting other gods. I to will feel distrubed if someone throw a cross into the bin. But if your faith requires you to have no idols then throwing it away is nothing wrong. I wouldn't advise to give it to someone because it may translate to helping others to worship idols.

If the idols are not his then I already advise him to return them. If they are his then throw. We must respect other people's conviction about their faith by disposing what is wrong according to that faith. I can't stop a ex-Christian from burning his/her Bible. Although one should not do it openly as it may insult other people.

I salute your effort to help solve his problem. And I hope you accept whatever decision he makes openly.

Upvote 0

Garnett

Jan 10, 2006
✟16,110.00
Faith
Agnostic
Horab said:

thx for listening again.

-Horab
Horab, I'd hold on to them. You never know when it might be handy to go back to Houdon. Religions come and go, and many of those high up in many religions use them as tools to get what they want. There may come a time when Houdon's teachings are more applicable or give the answer you most want to hear. Then it would useful to be able to switch back.

Upvote 0

Garnett

Jan 10, 2006
✟16,110.00
Faith
Agnostic
Full Rules said:
1) Open to ALL members.

2) All members can reply and offer support (except for Questions about Christianity, where for obvious reasons, only Christians can answer).

3) In the other Outreach forums, if a non-Christian offers support that is AGAINST teachings of the Bible or against Christian principles (eg. encouraging fornication or homosexuality) then that moderators will remove that post.

This means that non-Christians can still offer support to each other, but bad advice is removed, and only Christian advice, even from non-Christians, remain.
(Highlighting my own)

"Bad advice" is surely a subjective matter of opinion.

Actually thanks for pointing the rules out to me. I hadn't seen this: "encouraging...homosexuality". Blimey.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Horab

Feb 15, 2006
Calgary
✟265.00
Faith
Seeker
LOL ok now i'm totally confused.

some of these items: hot foot powder, getaway oil, florida water, condemnation oil, these are all things i made up myself

then there's a big collection of tarot decks, but i want to replace those with a Bible collection

all kinds of books but some from satanic-type writers like Crowley, ugh

charged stones to do ritual work, not jewelery

a couple of wongas i made and didn't use coz i thought that was wrong

candles already rubbed with anointing oil, might be dangerous to burn alone

animal skulls, incense burners, graveyard dirt, things like that, and there's more

they are in a dark room now that i never use. i did salt the ouija boards the other day and buried it under a tree hope that works. thx again- Horab

Upvote 0

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
The logic behind destroying them--

If you really believed that spirits operated and spoke to you through these, then you would recognize that they still can. You gave spirits permission to exercise power through certain objects. They still have that permission, until you tell them they don't. You are in charge of what goes in and out, however humblingly human you might feel.

I understand your concern about giving them away. If you have decided these are wrong, then you don't want someone else to suffer under their influence.

And there's the fifty thousand drachmas in the back of your mind...the value of the objects. Look at it this way-- if Houdon had potential to be destructive in your life, then you would have had many more expenses in doctor bills, psychiatrists, legal fees, whatever (sorry to offend, folks). So you're saving money by being free of them.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.