Almost all of the highest temperatures state by state were recorded in the 1930's

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟991,340.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
Look it up on Wikipedia or other sources this is one record that can't be fudged.

You're right. There was a record breaking heat wave in Canada and the US in 1934 to 1936. This heatwave is normally associated with the infamous Dust Bowl drought. The heatwave was caused by unusually high ocean temperatures in water off the east and west coast of North America.
Warm oceans caused hottest Dust Bowl years in 1934/36

Based on your past posts I assume that this is the prelude to an argument about global warming being a hoax. Before you go there please be aware of three important facts.

1. Weather is not climate.
2. Heatwaves occur across the world at different times in different places
3. North America is not the world. The 1936 heatwave was not global.

List of heat waves - Wikipedia
OB

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,159,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You're right. There was a record breaking heat wave in Canada and the US in 1934 to 1936. This heatwave is normally associated with the infamous Dust Bowl drought. The heatwave was caused by unusually high ocean temperatures in water off the east and west coast of North America.
Warm oceans caused hottest Dust Bowl years in 1934/36

Based on your past posts I assume that this is the prelude to an argument about global warming being a hoax. Before you go there please be aware of three important facts.

1. Weather is not climate.
2. Heatwaves occur across the world at different times in different places
3. North America is not the world. The 1936 heatwave was not global.

List of heat waves - Wikipedia
OB
Bingo.

It was interesting to see the Oklahoma dust bowl 120F in 1936 in several locations. We do know that in order to get the higher temps, it's needed to have drier conditions (because it takes a lot of heat to heat up a moist surface). So, during the dust bowl, the dryness it takes to get to 120F was present then, it appears. Very interesting. I grew up partly in Oklahoma, and the highest we ever had at our own house while I lived there, quality thermometer in the shade, was around 1980 and was 113F, but that was only about 10 years we lived there, and while that was a dry year, we didn't have a truly severe drought.

Here's a site I check at times to see what's happening drought wise -- which will tell us in turn if an all-time high is even possible in a given year (since it requires a very dry condition).

U.S. Drought Monitor

I notice though Colorado does have dry conditions in the south, that it still isn't the the most severe level D4 yet. So, it lowers the odds for an all-time high if there is even a modest amount of moisture I'm thinking.

Upvote 0