• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

All up my arm.. (Poss trig)

Melodys

Independent, Fundamental, KJV only Baptist :)
Feb 14, 2011
✟7,643.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I did it in places that people couldn't see like my thighs and stomach, but that stopped being satisfying, because it didn't look like I punished myself more cuz I went over old ones. I finally gave in to do it on my arm... How on earth do I cover it up until it heals without being totally obvious!

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 23, 2011
✟7,681.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
I'll be praying, I know when I cut I wore long sleeves with thumb holes as it's kinda stylish now.. If you need someone to talk to I'm always happy to help. I may be young but I know my stuff and have gone through a lot :) But I know my scars have never gone away over a year now..

Upvote 0

lonlygirl

seeker
Nov 28, 2010
Kuwait
✟15,438.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
I keep my arms by my sides and always have a cover story, I go walking on a rocky breach every week and so if someone asks I say I tripped on my walk and they don't question me any more. But long sleeves are great for the winter but really hard to ber in the summer, especially is it's hot. Hope you find this helpful and it eases up.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Feb 8, 2011
Home or work :)
✟7,637.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I also will be praying for you. Long sleeves is a little less noticeable this time of year depending what the weather is where you are so that's an option. Like others have also said, if you need to chat feel free to PM me I'm always around. And if you have someone in your area you're comfortable talking with who's grounded and stable, do that. I found it helped me quite a bit.

Upvote 0

HeavenAnn

Mar 11, 2011
Soon to be Warner robins GA
✟15,158.00
Faith
Celtic Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
<staff edit>
and i remember my bestfriend commming over <staff edit> every morning..
bringin me long t-shirts....
it was so upsetting..
and now i have tats to cover the bad ones..
Hunni,please be strong...
i did it to remind myself i was still alive i wasnt cold,i wasnt dead,i was here and could feel it all..
and sometimes i still have that need..no lie..
i know how you feel trust me.
But know this dear,YOU WILL OVERCOME IT..we all will one day..
it may take longer for some,but with faith you can over come anything..
trust me..
im pretty random in my advice but if you ever want to talk feel free to pm me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

tolstoy

Feb 6, 2011
La Crosse, WI, USA
✟15,144.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I've run into that same problem; I did it on the arm during the winter, so long sleeves were okay, but I also work out daily and worried about being able to cover them at the gym without overheating. You should try Under Armor (light, breathable fabric that athletes wear, it comes in long sleeves in black, white, and blue,) or some kind of sheer long-sleeved blouse open over a t-shirt or tank top. Otherwise, depending on how fresh/clear the scars are, you may be able to wear concealer or dermablend (used to hide birthmarks, etc.) But please, be safe, and don't keep hiding. Talk about this with someone who you trust, who can be stable for you. God loves you and is sad that you're in pain like this.

Upvote 0

sarag

Apr 9, 2011
✟7,622.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Arm warmers have been saving me for a while. I made my own because I can't buy them at the store (my dad won't take me anywhere). The only way that I pull off the whole "arm warmers" look is because I am known to "march to the beat of my own drum." I could get away with wearing toe socks and flip flops if I wanted too. lol

But, just remember, we are praying for you. There are people out here that are wise beyond their years, know what you are going through, and would love to help you anytime of day if you needed them. (ME!!) :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums