How closely do you follow your own religion?

• Not very, I'm not too religious

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Half-and-half

• I make my own

• Total voters

Unofficial Reverand Alex

Pray in silence...God speaks softly
Site Supporter
Dec 22, 2017
The Mystical Lands of Rural Indiana
Visit site
✟526,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I think it would be very interesting for people of all religions, denominations, personal directions, and all that jazz to have a forum where we all can just get a better idea of what all's out there than just what we're used to. I just like seeing different cultures & philosophies, and we really can't fully understand Christianity without understanding other beliefs.
Also, one dedicated to people unsure of religion, or people that make their own religions, or other such topics would prove highly interesting, I think.

Unveiled Artist

Look! Its like the Nothing never was.
Jun 3, 2017
Virginia
✟35,282.00
Country
United States
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Private
I think it would be very interesting for people of all religions, denominations, personal directions, and all that jazz to have a forum where we all can just get a better idea of what all's out there than just what we're used to. I just like seeing different cultures & philosophies, and we really can't fully understand Christianity without understanding other beliefs.
Also, one dedicated to people unsure of religion, or people that make their own religions, or other such topics would prove highly interesting, I think.

Thats a good idea. Its probably hard to implement without having too many non christian-only threads that may outweigh the christian-only ones. Another site I go to calls it Interfaith religion. No one debates but its a general smorgsboard of people of any religion to talk.

Another issue I see here is some christians cant talk much here and others arent considered christian. So, a lot of christians would be belittled because they want to talk about Christ but cant without filtering their vieww where non christians arent expected to. It puts them in the middle.

Otherwise, its a good idea.

Upvote 0

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm not quite sure what you mean...
"Religion" is separate and apart from Christianity. Religion is easily compared to Judaism or Catholicism, where there is structure, involving obedience to policies and procedures, "staying saved," "falling from Grace," along with pharisees and popes, mystical influences, signs, cultures, philosophies, intellectualism....... Christianity is simple, child-like Faith in Jesus as Savior, plus nothing.

• Winner
Reactions: Joy
Upvote 0

sparow

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2014
✟487,658.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single

It is a Pandora's box you are opening; religions are like clubs, they can be useful if salvation is not required; and each one is a different language or culture. What you may have in mind is multiculturalism.

A useful subject to ponder is did God give Israel a religion or a system of government and then all the old Pagan religions were always coupled to systems of government.

• Agree
Reactions: Winken
Upvote 0