✟263,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
All is lost…..

If Christ is not being formed in one, all is lost that was meant to be gained, for at the very moment of one’s departure the only thing of any value will be how much of Christ has been formed in one….

For this is the purpose of one’s salvation, to have Christ formed in one, if this is not being done, it’s like a child dying in the womb…. Though life did come into existence and is a real life and can not be undone, the purpose of that life was not fulfilled…. That being, the carnal believer, the one that is still controlled by self-will is saved, but the purpose of that new life is not seeing its fulfillment…. For Christ being formed in one is the new birth being brought to a effectual life, for the denial of self being man’s part, which makes way for the workings of God’s part; which is the actual growing of the new creation….

For if self is not being denied, the new birth is not growing, for the latter lives only to the degree the former dies…. For faith is that that can choose not to be controlled by the life of self by simply believing what God said He did on the cross for one and that is taking it to death with Him, and than to be willing to let Him live His life of righteousness through one…. For Christ or self are the two lives set before one, one can have whichever one one has the will towards….

For the denial of self is a looking away from self, for all is self but the new birth…. For self is the antithesis of Christ, it is that life that can only be denied by looking away from itself to the Savior of its very life…. For since all of one’s life in this world is the life of self, (that which was born at the time of one’s birth into this world), the denial of this life is the giving up or the looking away from the all of this life to another Life by faith as a constant thing…..

This is the workings of the denying of one’s self, a constant looking away from oneself to Christ… For the all of one’s life must be given up if the all of Christ would be had, for in the willingness to deny self will one see the growing of the new creation….. For only in the time of this life can the more of Christ be had for the expressing of the more of Christ for all eternity…. For the life of Christ is the ability to love the other the more, for love is the greatest of all attributes in Heaven, he that loves the more shines brighter then he that loves the less…

For Jesus did die and the believing one with Him, for the one that will constantly look away from self to Christ will see into the realness of both their death and resurrection with Christ, which is seeing into the mystery of one’s salvation, which is; ‘Christ one’s life’….. For righteousness does exist, and the expression of that is the expression of His life…..

Oh to the seeing into this mystery and to the growing of the expressing of this mystery the more, may our hearts be fixed upon…..

A fellow follower after, Not me

• Winner
Reactions: Mr. M

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟39,547.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
All is lost…..

If Christ is not being formed in one, all is lost that was meant to be gained, for at the very moment of one’s departure the only thing of any value will be how much of Christ has been formed in one….

For this is the purpose of one’s salvation, to have Christ formed in one, if this is not being done, it’s like a child dying in the womb…. Though life did come into existence and is a real life and can not be undone, the purpose of that life was not fulfilled…. That being, the carnal believer, the one that is still controlled by self-will is saved, but the purpose of that new life is not seeing its fulfillment…. For Christ being formed in one is the new birth being brought to a effectual life, for the denial of self being man’s part, which makes way for the workings of God’s part; which is the actual growing of the new creation….

For if self is not being denied, the new birth is not growing, for the latter lives only to the degree the former dies…. For faith is that that can choose not to be controlled by the life of self by simply believing what God said He did on the cross for one and that is taking it to death with Him, and than to be willing to let Him live His life of righteousness through one…. For Christ or self are the two lives set before one, one can have whichever one one has the will towards….

For the denial of self is a looking away from self, for all is self but the new birth…. For self is the antithesis of Christ, it is that life that can only be denied by looking away from itself to the Savior of its very life…. For since all of one’s life in this world is the life of self, (that which was born at the time of one’s birth into this world), the denial of this life is the giving up or the looking away from the all of this life to another Life by faith as a constant thing…..

This is the workings of the denying of one’s self, a constant looking away from oneself to Christ… For the all of one’s life must be given up if the all of Christ would be had, for in the willingness to deny self will one see the growing of the new creation….. For only in the time of this life can the more of Christ be had for the expressing of the more of Christ for all eternity…. For the life of Christ is the ability to love the other the more, for love is the greatest of all attributes in Heaven, he that loves the more shines brighter then he that loves the less…

For Jesus did die and the believing one with Him, for the one that will constantly look away from self to Christ will see into the realness of both their death and resurrection with Christ, which is seeing into the mystery of one’s salvation, which is; ‘Christ one’s life’….. For righteousness does exist, and the expression of that is the expression of His life…..

Oh to the seeing into this mystery and to the growing of the expressing of this mystery the more, may our hearts be fixed upon…..

A fellow follower after, Not me
James 1:8 A double minded ( dypsuchos-two soul) man is unstable in all his ways.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
:) is there some measuring stick or some time table one uses for this? He that began a good work in you "being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus". See the first words "being confident". So just who is doing this work? :) If its self then yes its all in vain. Its His joy, His strength, His might, He love, His mercy, His grace, His armor etc.. its 100% Him. This is not for me about salvation. My salvation is not based on any works. Yet some would say to just believe have faith in trust in cling to is a work :) Anyone and everyone that calls on the name of the lord shall be saved. There is nothing added to John 3:16.. no if's no but.. just believe and you are forever living with Him. Yes its so easy for us to look at what was written NT but when He said it.. there was nothing but the Torah and yeah no one had it in there back pocket lol. So some just heard John 3:16. That moment one comes to Him since He draws them, He knows if that heart is serious. There is nothing asked other then repent and believe period.

As you grow and walk then you learn more.

Upvote 0

Not me

Righteousness is right and not me.
Feb 26, 2018
California
✟263,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
:) is there some measuring stick or some time table one uses for this? He that began a good work in you "being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus". See the first words "being confident". So just who is doing this work? :) If its self then yes its all in vain. Its His joy, His strength, His might, He love, His mercy, His grace, His armor etc.. its 100% Him. This is not for me about salvation. My salvation is not based on any works. Yet some would say to just believe have faith in trust in cling to is a work :) Anyone and everyone that calls on the name of the lord shall be saved. There is nothing added to John 3:16.. no if's no but.. just believe and you are forever living with Him. Yes its so easy for us to look at what was written NT but when He said it.. there was nothing but the Torah and yeah no one had it in there back pocket lol. So some just heard John 3:16. That moment one comes to Him since He draws them, He knows if that heart is serious. There is nothing asked other then repent and believe period.

As you grow and walk then you learn more.
Thank you for your thoughts, and blessings, Not me

Upvote 0

ThisDogDoneGone

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Jul 14, 2023
Grand Forks
✟9,648.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Hmm. It isn't easy following Jesus, because though what he says about fulfilling the Law is sacrosanct, and kept the 10 commandments in tact, there are times where he gently chides his disciples when they are too lost in the moment to see the better perspective.

Matthew 19 verse 13-15: Then children were brought to them that he might lay his hands on them and pray. The disciples rebuked the people, but Jesus said "Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven." And he laid his hands on them and went away.

Matthew 26: verse 7-10: Now when Jesus was at Bethany in the house of Simon the leper, a woman came up to him with an alabaster flask of very expensive ointment, and she poured it on his head as he reclined at a table. And when the disciples saw it, they were indignant, saying, "Why this waste? For this could have been sold for a large sum and given to the poor." But Jesus, aware of this, said to them, "Why do you trouble the woman? For she has done a beautiful thing to me."

Mark 9: verse 38 and 39: John said to him, "Teacher, we saw someone casting out demons in your name, and we tried to stop him, because he was not following us." But Jesus said "Do not stop him, for no one who does a mighty work in my name will be able soon afterward to speak evil of me."

I think that's why the New Testament really needs the personal perspective of the reader to interpret, because while Jesus knew what he was doing and his disciples were pretty much doing the same thing--we really can't all just go out in the world and devote our lives to spreading Scripture and performing miracles. Society itself would collapse.

It is interesting to note also, that John's gospel for example, mentions a new commandment in it that no other gospel has and given the momentous meaning of it, is really surprising the others didn't have it mentioned.

John 15: verse 12: "This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you."

(I use ESV if anyone cares)

Upvote 0

Not me

Righteousness is right and not me.
Feb 26, 2018
California
✟263,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hmm. It isn't easy following Jesus, because though what he says about fulfilling the Law is sacrosanct, and kept the 10 commandments in tact, there are times where he gently chides his disciples when they are too lost in the moment to see the better perspective.

Matthew 19 verse 13-15: Then children were brought to them that he might lay his hands on them and pray. The disciples rebuked the people, but Jesus said "Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven." And he laid his hands on them and went away.

Matthew 26: verse 7-10: Now when Jesus was at Bethany in the house of Simon the leper, a woman came up to him with an alabaster flask of very expensive ointment, and she poured it on his head as he reclined at a table. And when the disciples saw it, they were indignant, saying, "Why this waste? For this could have been sold for a large sum and given to the poor." But Jesus, aware of this, said to them, "Why do you trouble the woman? For she has done a beautiful thing to me."

Mark 9: verse 38 and 39: John said to him, "Teacher, we saw someone casting out demons in your name, and we tried to stop him, because he was not following us." But Jesus said "Do not stop him, for no one who does a mighty work in my name will be able soon afterward to speak evil of me."

I think that's why the New Testament really needs the personal perspective of the reader to interpret, because while Jesus knew what he was doing and his disciples were pretty much doing the same thing--we really can't all just go out in the world and devote our lives to spreading Scripture and performing miracles. Society itself would collapse.

It is interesting to note also, that John's gospel for example, mentions a new commandment in it that no other gospel has and given the momentous meaning of it, is really surprising the others didn't have it mentioned.

John 15: verse 12: "This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you."

(I use ESV if anyone cares)
As our hearts cry out to Jesus, may He reveal the meaning of;

Matthew 11:30 (NASB20)
“For My yoke is comfortable, and My burden is light.”

Oh with the understanding of this verse, may we all be blessed….

Unto Him be our all, a fellow follower, Not me

Upvote 0