All hell seems to be breaking loose in my life!!

May 12, 2005
✟16,757.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi everyone,

I haven't been here in a while, although I read here quite a bit. Today, I need much prayer. It seems like everything is hitting me at once. My marriage stinks...we fight all the time...most of the time we can't stand each other, even though we love each other. My 18-month old cat has just been diagonsed with FIP, which the doctor says is fatal, so we are praying for her healing. She is not in pain, but goes to the bathroom all over the house, so we have to keep her locked up in a bathroom, which breaks our hearts because she is such a sweety and she cries and we miss her. It would break our hearts to lose her. I am constantly upset with my kids...ages 11, 9, and 5 and they never pick up after themselves and bicker all the time. I just found out today that my sister, who lives down the street is moving AGAIN, which will make the 5th time in 3 years. She has 4 school-aged children, who will yet again have to change schools, friends, etc. This has resulted in her oldest having to be in special education. Every time her company offers her more money, she moves. It upsets me that all she seems to care about is the money, not the stability of the family. Another sister of mine is pregnant with triplets, which we are thrilled about, but she is on bedrest and needs prayer.

We have lost both of our parents in '98 and '99 (I am the oldest of 4 girls) and we still desperately need them and miss them. Basically, I just really need to hear from God right now.

I would greatly appreciate any prayers/prophetic insights. God bless you all!

Pam

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟135,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Reactions: psalms 91
Upvote 0

Faulty

bind on pick up
Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2005
✟64,989.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I get what's going on with you. There's probably a number of people here whose suffocated on all sides in similar ways, me included.

As far as the kids go, when they seem to be a bit (or a lot) too much for me to handle, I just think there will come a time when they are gone and I'd greatly desire to once again hear their voices arguing, whining, laughing, and giggling once again, but that chance will be gone forever, and that pain will hurt me far more than anything they could do right now.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,852.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
We go through these things at times to learn that our only sufficiency is Jesus. If we set our hearts on other things, which come our way as blessings from the Lord, He sometimes causes these things to go wrong, so we don't forget that these things are only temporary and that what Jesus is doing in our lives through the work of the Holy Spirit is eternal. When we go through trials of our faith like this when our world seems to be falling apart around us, we run to Jesus for comfort and help. Or we should, because that is why those things are happening. When we get into the glory of the presence of Jesus, then we see things as they should be, and we realise just how dependent we are on Him. The arm of flesh will always fail us, but the Lord is our refuge and strength, and a very present help in time of trouble and need.

Upvote 0

DianeL

Jan 31, 2008
✟8,728.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Upvote 0

gratefulgrace

Contributor
Jul 26, 2006
British Columbia
✟32,492.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
So sorry to hear of all the stresses coming at once. God does love you so.

copyChkboxOff.gif
Psa 86:1A Prayer of David. Bow down Your ear, O LORD, hear me; For I [am] poor and needy.

copyChkboxOff.gif
Psa 86:2Preserve my life, for I [am] holy; You are my God; Save Your servant who trusts in You!

copyChkboxOff.gif
Psa 86:3Be merciful to me, O Lord, For I cry to You all day long.

copyChkboxOff.gif
Psa 86:4Rejoice the soul of Your servant, For to You, O Lord, I lift up my soul.

copyChkboxOff.gif
Psa 86:5For You, Lord, [are] good, and ready to forgive, And abundant in mercy to all those who call upon You.

copyChkboxOff.gif
Psa 86:6Give ear, O LORD, to my prayer; And attend to the voice of my supplications.

copyChkboxOff.gif
Psa 86:7In the day of my trouble I will call upon You, For You will answer me.

copyChkboxOff.gif
Psa 86:8Among the gods [there is] none like You, O Lord; Nor [are there any works] like Your works.

copyChkboxOff.gif
Psa 86:9All nations whom You have made Shall come and worship before You, O Lord, And shall glorify Your name.

copyChkboxOff.gif
Psa 86:10For You [are] great, and do wondrous things; You alone [are] God.

copyChkboxOff.gif
Psa 86:11Teach me Your way, O LORD; I will walk in Your truth; Unite my heart to fear Your name.

copyChkboxOff.gif
Psa 86:12I will praise You, O Lord my God, with all my heart, And I will glorify Your name forevermore.

copyChkboxOff.gif
Psa 86:13For great [is] Your mercy toward me, And You have delivered my soul from the depths of Sheol.

copyChkboxOff.gif
Psa 86:14O God, the proud have risen against me, And a mob of violent [men] have sought my life, And have not set You before them.

copyChkboxOff.gif
Psa 86:15But You, O Lord, [are] a God full of compassion, and gracious, Longsuffering and abundant in mercy and truth.

copyChkboxOff.gif
Psa 86:16Oh, turn to me, and have mercy on me! Give Your strength to Your servant, And save the son of Your maidservant.

copyChkboxOff.gif
Psa 86:17Show me a sign for good, That those who hate me may see [it] and be ashamed, Because You, LORD, have helped me and comforted me.

Upvote 0
M

millerrod2

if u are willing to do this i assure u it will improve things in your life greatly. Turn to 1Cor.13:4-7 copy this scripture to a small card that will fit in your pocket. Carry it daily. In all things children, work family in everything you deal with. Stop and take a look at the card-scripture and apply it to the given situation. You ask why this will work ?? God is Love according to the Bible and this scripture defines the characteristics- manners of Love - God Love. Each of your life decisions [ when referring to this scripture ] will basically be made in Gods pres sense. This isnt a maybe this works its been proven over and over it will heal marriages , relationships with family it will heal every area in your life. no much now days comes with a 100% guarantee but this does.

Upvote 0

NacDan

Theology never comforted anyone in pain.
Oct 1, 2004
Port Neches, Texas
Visit site
✟11,391.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It seems cliche, but "Jesus is the answer". Being divorced, I have the benefit of hindsight to see where everything went wrong. First and foremost, we lost sight of Jesus. Sure, I played the Jesus game, I went to church, I even led worship, I prayed mightily in small group settings, etc...

But at home my wife lived in one part of the house and I lived in another part of the house. Unlike other couples, we didn't fight. We just didn't talk at all. While that in and of itself is pretty telling (how can you have intimacy if you never communicate?), the real story is that our marriage was not centered in Christ. When we did talk, we never talked about God, we never prayed together. When I tried to make the family do a Bible study (just reading through the New Testament), my wife would just sit there and stare and count the verses until we were done. We had no real relationship at all.

Fortunately, between the time I left my wife and the time I married my new wife, I got lots of good Biblical based counciling. Our pastor was preaching family life and the preacher that married Rachel & I made us do premarital counciling before he'd agree to do the ceremony. Bottom line, my relationship with Rachel is just like Jesus' relationship with the church. I can't be in relationship with my wife without our being in relationship with Jesus. Lindale (preacher that married us) even declared during our ceremony that just as Jesus was willing to die for His bride, I am willing to die for mine.

My advice to you is to get good counseling for your marriage. If your husband truly loves you, he will go with you. If not, go anyway. In all things put God first. The old saying, "God, family, and then work" is dead spot on.

We'll be praying for you.

Danny

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FireOfGod

Senior Veteran
Sep 29, 2005
Visit site
✟3,035.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi everyone,

I haven't been here in a while, although I read here quite a bit. Today, I need much prayer. It seems like everything is hitting me at once. My marriage stinks...we fight all the time...most of the time we can't stand each other, even though we love each other. My 18-month old cat has just been diagonsed with FIP, which the doctor says is fatal, so we are praying for her healing. She is not in pain, but goes to the bathroom all over the house, so we have to keep her locked up in a bathroom, which breaks our hearts because she is such a sweety and she cries and we miss her. It would break our hearts to lose her. I am constantly upset with my kids...ages 11, 9, and 5 and they never pick up after themselves and bicker all the time. I just found out today that my sister, who lives down the street is moving AGAIN, which will make the 5th time in 3 years. She has 4 school-aged children, who will yet again have to change schools, friends, etc. This has resulted in her oldest having to be in special education. Every time her company offers her more money, she moves. It upsets me that all she seems to care about is the money, not the stability of the family. Another sister of mine is pregnant with triplets, which we are thrilled about, but she is on bedrest and needs prayer.

We have lost both of our parents in '98 and '99 (I am the oldest of 4 girls) and we still desperately need them and miss them. Basically, I just really need to hear from God right now.

I would greatly appreciate any prayers/prophetic insights. God bless you all!

Pam

Hey girl. :wave:

You need the Kingdom of Heaven to come into every part of your life! That is, righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Ghost. All of the things you mentioned above are the opposite of those three things. As for you and your hubby, I'd suggest checking yourselves as to each of your roles in your marriage in accordance to the word of God. Does he love you the way he should, and do you respect him, etc (in Ephesians 5). And your kids, well... The rod drives out foolishness (Proverbs 13:24). Get the foolishness out, and get 'em full of the Holy Ghost. Kids are kids, but when they're full of the Holy Ghost, it affects them like it does an adult, and they CHANGE (repent). It's wonderful!!

Make them worship and pray daily, as you would make them eat dinner or brush their teeth. They're kids. They don't know what they need physically, mentally, OR spiritually. And that's why they have parents!! :)

Bless you. Love you!

Upvote 0

gratefulgrace

Contributor
Jul 26, 2006
British Columbia
✟32,492.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
There have been times when I feel I am just hanging on by my fingernails. Some days I soar and some days I grind. It is good to know that I don't have to have it all together God sees and knows my frame and remembers that I am dust. Most of what I let get me down is just temporary stuff and not important in the grand spiritual scheme of things. With His grace and His grace alone I cab make it day to day.

Upvote 0