Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you think the thieves crucified with Jesus have any particular significance in relation to Judas?
Not that I am aware of.
That is an interesting thought. Wouldn't that be something? God likes good stories. That would make a good story. You talked me into it. I'm so gullible. - lol

Upvote 0

Shrewd Manager

Through him, in all things, more than conquerors.
Site Supporter
Aug 16, 2019
Melbourne
✟364,409.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Not that I am aware of.
That is an interesting thought. Wouldn't that be something? God likes good stories. That would make a good story. You talked me into it. I'm so gullible. - lol

Well there's the thief connection. All 3 die for their crimes. Worthy of some investigation I'm thinking. No coincides in God's kingdom.

Btw you're probably expecting a phd on that Revelation issue. It's coming, and thanks cause I've had to really review the book's structure and language. So stay tuned...

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Btw you're probably expecting a phd on that Revelation issue. It's coming, and thanks cause I've had to really review the book's structure and language. So stay tuned...
I'm on pins and needles. (but didn't want to NEEDLE you - lol)

Upvote 0

Shrewd Manager

Site Supporter
Aug 16, 2019
Melbourne
✟364,409.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm on pins and needles. (but didn't want to NEEDLE you - lol)
This is the problem with delays. Suspense builds and expectations grow out of proportion to any improvements to the end product. Got some of my best ppl on it.

Reactions: Saint Steven
Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is the problem with delays. Suspense builds and expectations grow out of proportion to any improvements to the end product. Got some of my best ppl on it.
This better be EPIC!!!!!!! (just sayin') - lol

Upvote 0

Shrewd Manager

Site Supporter
Aug 16, 2019
Melbourne
✟364,409.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This better be EPIC!!!!!!! (just sayin') - lol

Here's a downpayment Steve:

chalkolibanon
Strong's Greek: 5474. χαλκολίβανον (chalkolibanon) -- chalcolibanus (fine copper, bronze or brass)

Rev 1:15
His feet were like burnished bronze, when it has been made to glow in a furnace, and His voice was like the sound of many waters. (NASB)

And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters. (KJV)

See the cross-references, in particular:
  • Ez 1:7 - the 4 living creatures.
  • Ez 40:3 - the Millennial Temple guide.
  • Dan 10:6 - Man in Daniel's Tigris vision.
Revelation 1:15 His feet were like polished bronze refined in a furnace, and His voice was like the roar of many waters.

So, my friend, what do we learn about fire from Jesus' feet? At least that it refines, perfects and produces a purified and fire-proof substance. Overcomers in Christ stand in the fire:

And I saw something like a sea of glass mixed with fire, and those who had been victorious over the beast and his image and the number of his name, standing on the sea of glass, holding harps of God. (15:2)

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

chalkolibanon
Strong's Greek: 5474. χαλκολίβανον (chalkolibanon) -- chalcolibanus (fine copper, bronze or brass)

His feet were like burnished bronze, when it has been made to glow in a furnace, and His voice was like the sound of many waters. (NASB)

And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters. (KJV)

Revelation 1:15 His feet were like polished bronze refined in a furnace, and His voice was like the roar of many waters.

So, my friend, what do we learn about fire from Jesus' feet? At least that it refines, perfects and produces a purified and fire-proof substance. Overcomers in Christ stand in the fire:

And I saw something like a sea of glass mixed with fire, and those who had been victorious over the beast and his image and the number of his name, standing on the sea of glass, holding harps of God. (15:2)
That's a fresh revelation. (no pun intended)
I've never heard anyone make that connection before. Thanks.

PS --- Did you see the topic on Origen? (check it out)

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
The Kingdom of His dear Son
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom

chalkolibanon

Dear Shrewd: That is glorious!

Overcomers in/ within Christ Jesus stand in the Fire with Him.

These are they who follow the Lamb withersoever He goes.

Upvote 0

Shrewd Manager

Site Supporter
Aug 16, 2019
Melbourne
✟364,409.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That's a fresh revelation. (no pun intended)
I've never heard anyone make that connection before. Thanks.

PS --- Did you see the topic on Origen? (check it out)

Wait for the next thrilling installment!

Yes, I'm just making some odious remarks in the Origen thread. Some good comments until I arrived. Coming across?

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wait for the next thrilling installment!

Yes, I'm just making some odious remarks in the Origen thread. Some good comments until I arrived. Coming across?
Someone will ask, "Will God save men eventually against their will?" The answer is no! He will have no need to do that, for all men will be one hundred percent willing when God reveals Himself to them. Then the eyes of the blind shall be opened, the ears of the deaf shall be unstopped, and the doors of the prison house shall be opened. We have only to consider the case of Saul of Tarsus to understand the miraculous power of the Lord to change the leopard's spots and melt the heart of stone. There are those who suppose that God could not convert a soul unless that depraved and lost soul gives to almighty God that permission. I only wish they would ask the apostle Paul, that great despiser of Christ and hater of His Church, that persecutor of Christians, who while on his way to Damascus was suddenly cast to the ground and converted. No man was ever more hateful toward Christ than was Saul of Tarsus, yet, when his turn came to see the light, he changed in an instant, crying out in fear and trembling and with bitter repentance, "Who art You, Lord?" and "What will You have me to do?" Did God ask Saul of Tarsus whether or not he wanted to be saved? Or did He say to Ananias, "He is a chosen vessel unto Me to bear My name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel" (Acts 9:15)? It is only God who can change the human heart, and when God wills to change every single human heart in earth and in hell, each will be changed in an instant. Some suppose that God is desperately trying to convert every human being in the world ... ah, but He cannot do it, because mighty man, sovereign man, will not allow it! Yahweh does all of His pleasure. “As I have purposed so shall it come to pass," says the Lord. Where do these man-made preachers get the notion that man is a FREE MORAL AGENT? Indeed, he may be free in some minor things that concern his personal conduct, but concerning God's eternal purpose for him HE IS NOT FREE to do his own will, for "it is NOT OF HIM THAT WILLS or HIM THAT RUNS, BUT GOD THAT SHOWS MERCY" (Rom. 9:16). God in His great mercy has condescended to extend mercy to all men, He sent His Son to die for all men, to redeem all men, to reconcile all back to God, and in due time He sent also His Holy Spirit to invincibly draw them unto Himself. In the day of the power of God, men are made willing and, having been quickened by that Spirit, renewed in mind, having been given a heart of flesh, they do come most willingly, having been made willing BY HIS POWER. What an exalted view is this of our OMNIPOTENT GOD AND SAVIOR!

Source: The Savior of the World, by J. Preston Eby
Kindgdom Bible Studies Savior of the World Series Part 1

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Shrewd Manager

Site Supporter
Aug 16, 2019
Melbourne
✟364,409.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Someone will ask, "Will God save men eventually against their will?" The answer is no! He will have no need to do that, for all men will be one hundred percent willing when God reveals Himself to them. Then the eyes of the blind shall be opened, the ears of the deaf shall be unstopped, and the doors of the prison house shall be opened.

Music to my soul, brother.

I only wish they would ask the apostle Paul, that great despiser of Christ and hater of His Church, that persecutor of Christians, who while on his way to Damascus was suddenly cast to the ground and converted. No man was ever more hateful toward Christ than was Saul of Tarsus, yet, when his turn came to see the light, he changed in an instant, crying out in fear and trembling and with bitter repentance, "Who art You, Lord?" and "What will You have me to do?"

So when Paul says to the Galatians, let him be accursed who preaches to you another gospel, do we surmise he's talking about restorationism? By no means!

Indeed, he may be free in some minor things that concern his personal conduct,

Some minor things that concern his personal conduct lol. Nice.

In the day of the power of God, men are made willing and, having been quickened by that Spirit, renewed in mind, having been given a heart of flesh, they do come most willingly, having been made willing BY HIS POWER. What an exalted view is this of our OMNIPOTENT GOD AND SAVIOR!

Amen. It's distressing how many pharisees there are masquerading as Christians. Who believe God's power consists in thwacking recalcitrant men. And who are blind to the power of God.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟994,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Music to my soul, brother.
So when Paul says to the Galatians, let him be accursed who preaches to you another gospel, do we surmise he's talking about restorationism? By no means!
Some minor things that concern his personal conduct lol. Nice.
Amen. It's distressing how many pharisees there are masquerading as Christians. Who believe God's power consists in thwacking recalcitrant men. And who are blind to the power of God.
What you are calling music to your soul is the unsupported scribbling of another UR scholar with no stated scholastic credentials. Just some average Joe giving his opinion.
Yes how unbiblical for the entire world at the time of Noah to think that God was going to "thwack" them.
And the residents of Sodom, Gomorrah and the other cities of the plains how unbiblical of them to think God was going to "thwack" them. And lets not forget all the Canaanite cities God commanded Israel to destroy every living thing.

Reactions: Jesus is YHWH
Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What you are calling music to your soul is the unsupported scribbling of another UR scholar with no stated scholastic credentials. Just some average Joe giving his opinion.
Yes how unbiblical for the entire world at the time of Noah to think that God was going to "thwack" them.
And the residents of Sodom, Gomorrah and the other cities of the plains how unbiblical of them to think God was going to "thwack" them. And lets not forget all the Canaanite cities God commanded Israel to destroy every living thing.
It is possible you place too much value on the flesh...... Do you even believe that your own flesh will enter the kingdom? He who seeks to save his life, shall lose it...

Upvote 0

Der Alte

Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟994,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It is possible you place too much value on the flesh...... Do you even believe that your own flesh will enter the kingdom? He who seeks to save his life, shall lose it...
2 Timothy 1:12
12 For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.
και μπορώ να το διαβάσω σε τέσσερις γλώσσες

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
2 Timothy 1:12
12 For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.
και μπορώ να το διαβάσω σε τέσσερις γλώσσες

2 Timothy 3
5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
Θα προτιμούσα να μιλήσω δύο λέξεις που όλοι καταλαβαίνουν, παρά χίλιες λέξεις που ωφελούν μόνο το δικό μου εγώ.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Der Alte

Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟994,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
2 Timothy 3
5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
Θα προτιμούσα να μιλήσω δύο λέξεις που όλα καταλαβαίνουν, παρά χίλιες που ωφελούν μόνο το δικό μου εγώ.
You must be describing yourself. Take your own advice.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You must be describing yourself. Take your own advice.
I understand..... It is common to think that all the negative stuff in the bible relates to others, and the good relates to oneself. And so God allows it to be.

I encourage you to continue to find comfort in your wisdom, until you feel forsaken by the same.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Der Alte

Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟994,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I understand..... It is common to think that all the negative stuff in the bible relates to others, and the good relates to oneself. And so God allows it to be.
I encourage you to continue to find comfort in your wisdom, until you feel forsaken by the same.
Well since you have resorted to personal attack I have better things to do with my time.

• Informative
Reactions: RaymondG
Upvote 0