Status
Not open for further replies.

Partiasn

Apr 29, 2012
✟205.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
If you get into an in depth study of the close encounter experiences, you'll find that they are very spiritual in nature. The stories of abductions and UFO phenomena are a lot like the Djinn, Fairies, and Demons of old legend. While I do understand that there most likely is life on other planets(though I do not know if there are any other sentient beings on other planets God has created), our experience of "aliens" here does not make any sense, especially when we start to put together stories and draw parallels.

From a biblical standpoint, I would say these experiences are demonic in nature.

I will Believe UFO's it when I see one, and when it can be attributed it to something other than nature.

The Issue at hand is this, ANY civilization that has achieved space flight would have to passed through the industrial revolution that we have.

Meaning they would leave behind radio and various other unnatural signals going through space just as we have. CETI has NEVER received any signal that is close to a unnatural signal.

Mars is relatively close to earth, it is in the "Life Zone" it has had water on the surface in rivers and lakes, and an atmosphere like early Earth.

It does NOT have life.
Searching for life On other Planets ( we are NOT alone ) - YouTube

Upvote 0

Partiasn

Apr 29, 2012
✟205.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
There is ancient evidence of aliens, pictures of craft from the soviet union, structures built by them on earth and other planets, they show up on radar, 8% of the population reports to have been abducted in similar but disconnected experiences, many people who have worked in compartmentalized projects testify to have seen/worked on alien hardware.

Not to mention that most of the astronauts have spoken out about them at this point, starting with the first men on the moon. This is because they see them on the way to the moon, and Armstrong and Glenn say they were on the moon with them.

Some of this evidence seems to be part of our current age of disinformation that we see, in Media.

I would have problems accepting it because of the sensationalist media that continually lies to the people here in the US.

Upvote 0

vortigen84

Nov 24, 2009
✟9,400.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I couldn't help but think this after I watched the Avengers. Humans were created in God's image, so who made the aliens? Do you believe it is a sin to watch/read anything dealing with aliens?

No, because sin is a violation of God's law.

There's no law against watching or reading anything about aliens.

If doing so causes you personally to violate your own conscience, then while watching stuff about aliens is not sin in itself, for you it involves sinning. In the same way that drinking alcohol isn't a sin, but some can't drink it because for them it involves sinning.

Bear in mind the spirit of God's law: love for God and neighbour as oneself. I really don't see how watching alien stuff violates that principle, but use your own conscience, it may do so for you.

Upvote 0
Sep 11, 2011
✟15,855.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Some of this evidence seems to be part of our current age of disinformation that we see, in Media.

I would have problems accepting it because of the sensationalist media that continually lies to the people here in the US.

well you are part of a population that has a very low level of reading comprehension to begin with

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I would have problems accepting it because of the sensationalist media...

Indeed. I can't see how anyone believes the "Armstrong saw aliens" stories. Especially as there are so many photographs nowadays of the Apollo 11 landing site. Like this -- no aliens here:

600px-Apollo11-LRO-March2012.jpg

Upvote 0

Zanting

not so new
Mar 15, 2012
✟47,296.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The theory that they are spiritual in our age goes back to Roswell...when the majestic 12 scientists, among whom was Einstein, claimed to have communicated with them telepathically. Apparently it/they told them to read the book of Revelations and when they did so they became terrified...so stated from a letter reportedly released by area 51 file documents. If interested, google majestic 12 to see the supposed released documents. The letter is the very last item dated 1999 written by a self-claimed infiltrater who states that he reviewed the Majestic 12 documents while at area 51.

I do not believe it is a sin be interested in UFO phenomenon. Many Christians believe they are even in the Bible, although the terminology to describe them is very different from the language we use. There are also what appear to be images of them in ancient cultural art and language, as well as more recent art. Of course others don't believe anything regarding UFO phenomenon.

Although I have seen unidentified things in the sky at different times over the years, I am still very skeptical and wary as to what they are. I also find it curious that with all the reported sightings from all over the world that no one here has talked about a sighting of their own.

Upvote 0
Sep 11, 2011
✟15,855.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Indeed. I can't see how anyone believes the "Armstrong saw aliens" stories. Especially as there are so many photographs nowadays of the Apollo 11 landing site. Like this -- no aliens here:

600px-Apollo11-LRO-March2012.jpg

If you're going to base your ideas on a photo, then you'd have to explain all the orbs and lights and clouds that have also been sighted on the moon. I'm not exactly a student of the moon, but reportedly there are dozens of structures on the moon, a tower 3 miles high and 2 miles thick.

In itself, since these photos sit on questionable territory (the government feeds disinformation) you have to sink more time into the study before you become totally convinced of alien presence in the sky.

Probably the most powerful evidences for it are all the high ranking government and defense officials who have spoken out about what they know. If this wasn't enough, astronauts have broadcasted what they see from space several times when sighting aliens.

Walter Schirra aboard Mercury 8: ''there is a santa claus''

and on another occasion, a ham radio operator caught Discovery saying they ''still have the alien spacecraft under observation'', and then of course on the way to the moon the first time an alien craft tailed the Apollo module.

And if you really wanted to take interest in it, there are mountains and mountains of evidence of aliens visiting earth in the past, including carvings/drawings of suited beings and their craft.

Every ancient culture of the world reports to have interacted with these ''gods'', who came to the earth with amazing powers.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,150,507.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
There's too much guesswork to give a good answer. Just too many possibilities, including no aliens.

However from a theological point of view it's hard to believe that there would be a whole intelligent species created as an "abomination." That would involve God creating something that isn't good.

There are certainly possibilities involving evil, e.g.

* That a whole race fell
* There there aren't actual alien races, and what we call alien activity is really demonic.

But for there to be an actual whole alien race that in inherently an abomination seems to contradict the theology of creation.

I admit that Blish's book "A Case of Conscience" comes pretty close. He has a whole planet with intelligent beings, all created by Satan to deceive us. The problem, as noted in the book, is that this assumes that Satan actually creates, rather than just corrupting God's creation. The priest involved is actually excommunicated for maintaining that Satan can create. As I recall, the orthodox answer proposed in the book was that it was a massive illusion. They exorcize the planet, and it disappears in a nuclear disaster. But this book was pretty clearly written specifically to have this plot. In the real world, I question the concept of Satan creating a world, together with intelligent species. That's a way more powerful Satan than I think exists.

Upvote 0

ILWJ

Apr 20, 2012
✟909.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Ochiaghanam is on the right track here. From my personal experience, I believe that aliens are demons or fallen angels. I used to be caught up in the new age movement which is actually rooted occult. When I was in pretty deep, one night I saw a huge "star" that started to come closer to me and then changed into a plane and flew over my head. There was no noise or jet lag and no commercial flight lights. It was bizarre and demonic to say the least. I gave my life to Jesus shortly after and have given up a lot of things including a lot of mainstream media because I believe a lot of it is indoctrination for the tribulation, alien (demon) invasion and antichrist.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
... I'm not exactly a student of the moon, but reportedly there are dozens of structures on the moon, a tower 3 miles high and 2 miles thick.

Not in any photographs taken by any astronomers anywhere in the world.

... all the high ranking government and defense officials who have spoken out about what they know. If this wasn't enough, astronauts have broadcasted what they see from space several times when sighting aliens.

No they haven't.

... there are mountains and mountains of evidence of aliens visiting earth in the past.

No there isn't. I've read Von Daniken and others like him, and it's all absolute rubbish.

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
...it's hard to believe that there would be a whole intelligent species created as an "abomination." That would involve God creating something that isn't good.

Indeed.

But for there to be an actual whole alien race that in inherently an abomination seems to contradict the theology of creation.

Exactly.

Upvote 0
Sep 11, 2011
✟15,855.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I really enjoy threads like these, finding people who don't believe in aliens, just how far can they go with their claim? the evidence is so massive, my question is why do they have to deny it, not whether they've seen the evidence or not. There has to be a reason.

In fact I'd go so far as saying that in terms of documentations and proofs, only second to Christ walking the earth does the evidence for UFO's and aliens stand in terms of material evidences.

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
... the government has a vested interest in not only dumbing down the public but misinforming them beyond their intellectual ability.

Which government?

In fact I'd go so far as saying that in terms of documentations and proofs, only second to Christ walking the earth does the evidence for UFO's and aliens stand in terms of material evidences.

If you believe that, no rational debate is possible.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.