JJWhite

Dec 24, 2009
U.S.A.
✟11,028.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
The claim is Mohammad was not missing from the bed.

"Not" is what I meant to say.. :)

As for the date of the Israa'... also exact date not known... the two earliest narrations I could find:

Musa bin `Uqbah said, narrating from Az-Zuhri: "The Isra' happened one year before the Hijrah.'' This was also the opinion of `Urwah.

As-Suddi said: "It happened sixteen months before the Hijrah.''

Source: Tafsir Ibn Kathir

(Random info: 'Urwah would probably be Aisha's nephew, btw... Asma's son)

The idea is.. the only date that's fairly certain (and I was a few months off Gregorian-wise in my earlier post... we never use Gregorian dates when discussing Islamic events) is the Hijrah. It's the year in which our calendar begins. Everything else is compared to that date... so we know that the Israa' happened a year or more before the Hijrah and the consummation of marriage happened after the Hijrah.

I grew up with these stories... the life of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) is a story I've heard hundreds of times... it was bedtime story... extra reading at school... starting here from a few years before Hijrah... the stories of the early Muslims under siege and boycott... many dying... one narration I recall saying Sa'd ate an unknown soft thing from off the ground in the middle of the night because he was so starving... Khadijah being weakened by all that hardship and dying soon afterward... the Prophet's sadness at losing his wife and uncle... the uplifting of his spirits during the Israa' journey... the persecution getting stronger and the invitation of Madinans for the Muslims to join them in their city.. the Prophet and Abu Bakr being among the last to leave Makkah ('Ali stayed after with the instructions to return all the trusts in the Prophet's house to their owners.. side point.. but it always amazed me how the Makkans were refusing his message as prophet, yet leaving their valuables at his house because they trusted him with their stuff over anyone else)... the dangerous trip over there... his camel walking up to Abu Ayyub's house and him deciding to stay there.. the discussion of which floor of the house he'd sleep in until he had his own house... what he was fed... and on and on. Besides the marriage contract... Aisha never came into the story until Madina.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

simplegifts

Jul 7, 2012
✟8,886.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
"Not" is what I meant to say.. :)

As for the date of the Israa'... also exact date not known... the two earliest narrations I could find:

Musa bin `Uqbah said, narrating from Az-Zuhri: "The Isra' happened one year before the Hijrah.'' This was also the opinion of `Urwah.

As-Suddi said: "It happened sixteen months before the Hijrah.''

Source: Tafsir Ibn Kathir

(Random info: 'Urwah would probably be Aisha's nephew, btw... Asma's son)

The idea is.. the only date that's fairly certain (and I was a few months off Gregorian-wise in my earlier post... we never use Gregorian dates when discussing Islamic events) is the Hijrah. It's the year in which our calendar begins. Everything else is compared to that date... so we know that the Israa' happened a year or more before the Hijrah and the consummation of marriage happened after the Hijrah.

I grew up with these stories... the life of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) is a story I've heard hundreds of times... it was bedtime story... extra reading at school... starting here from a few years before Hijrah... the stories of the early Muslims under siege and boycott... many dying... one narration I recall saying Sa'd ate an unknown soft thing from off the ground in the middle of the night because he was so starving... Khadijah being weakened by all that hardship and dying soon afterward... the Prophet's sadness at losing his wife and uncle... the uplifting of his spirits during the Israa' journey... the persecution getting stronger and the invitation of Madinans for the Muslims to join them in their city.. the Prophet and Abu Bakr being among the last to leave Makkah ('Ali stayed after with the instructions to return all the trusts in the Prophet's house to their owners.. side point.. but it always amazed me how the Makkans were refusing his message as prophet, yet leaving their valuables at his house because they trusted him with their stuff over anyone else)... the dangerous trip over there... his camel walking up to Abu Ayyub's house and him deciding to stay there.. the discussion of which floor of the house he'd sleep in until he had his own house... what he was fed... and on and on. Besides the marriage contract... Aisha never came into the story until Madina.

Whether you grew up with the stories or not without supporting facts these are simply legends. Sorry your story is not backed up.

Upvote 0

JJWhite

Dec 24, 2009
U.S.A.
✟11,028.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
Whether you grew up with the stories or not without supporting facts these are simply legends. Sorry your story is not backed up.

YOU backed it up with the hadith showing that Aisha's wedding/moving to the Prophet's home was in Madinah. I provided evidence that the Israa' was 12 to 16 months prior the move to Madinah.

Upvote 0

simplegifts

Jul 7, 2012
✟8,886.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
YOU backed it up with the hadith showing that Aisha's wedding/moving to the Prophet's home was in Madinah. I provided evidence that the Israa' was 12 to 16 months prior the move to Madinah.

The hadith is not so specific to state where the actual marriage took place Mecca or Medina. the other problem we don't know where they set up their household.

Yes Aisha was living in Medina but we do not know where Mohammad was living - he did not move from Mecca until later. Wouldn't he have taken Aisha back to his place in Mecca?

I was asking for references to show where Mohammad and Aisha set up their household- Medina or Mecca.
[FONT='Arial','sans-serif'][/FONT]

Upvote 0

JJWhite

Dec 24, 2009
U.S.A.
✟11,028.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
The hadith is not so specific to state where the actual marriage took place Mecca or Medina. the other problem we don't know where they set up their household.

Yes Aisha was living in Medina but we do not know where Mohammad was living - he did not move from Mecca until later. Wouldn't he have taken Aisha back to his place in Mecca?

I was asking for references to show where Mohammad and Aisha set up their household- Medina or Mecca.
[FONT='Arial','sans-serif'][/FONT]

It seems like you are entirely unfamiliar with the Seerah. I would recommend that you pick up a book on the life of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) and read it .. take your pick (I hear the one by Karen Armstrong is good).. and then we can resume this discussion.

Upvote 0

simplegifts

Jul 7, 2012
✟8,886.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Witnesses for what exactly? Miracles and signs can be seen anywhere. My father's people have seen signs and miracles, and allot of them were high when it happened. Doesn't make it supernatural or legit.

Witneses that the night fight ocurred which would make Aisa is liar.

Upvote 0

simplegifts

Jul 7, 2012
✟8,886.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It seems like you are entirely unfamiliar with the Seerah. I would recommend that you pick up a book on the life of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) and read it .. take your pick (I hear the one by Karen Armstrong is good).. and then we can resume this discussion.

Sounds if you don't have any refences to dispute that Aisha never saw Mohammad leave the bed that night.

That is ok - all of Islam is weak in that area.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

simplegifts

Jul 7, 2012
✟8,886.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
How many witnesses saw Paul become blinded?

Cool example so glad you asked!

Read Acts 9. Paul has the witnesses of men who were traveling with him but then more importantly - Ananais.

10 In Damascus there was a disciple named Ananias. The Lord called to him in a vision, “Ananias!”
“Yes, Lord,” he answered.
11 The Lord told him, “Go to the house of Judas on Straight Street and ask for a man from Tarsus named Saul, for he is praying. 12 In a vision he has seen a man named Ananias come and place his hands on him to restore his sight.”
13 “Lord,” Ananias answered, “I have heard many reports about this man and all the harm he has done to your holy people in Jerusalem. 14 And he has come here with authority from the chief priests to arrest all who call on your name.”
15 But the Lord said to Ananias, “Go! This man is my chosen instrument to proclaim my name to the Gentiles and their kings and to the people of Israel. 16 I will show him how much he must suffer for my name.”
17 Then Ananias went to the house and entered it. Placing his hands on Saul, he said, “Brother Saul, the Lord—Jesus, who appeared to you on the road as you were coming here—has sent me so that you may see again and be filled with the Holy Spirit.” 18 Immediately, something like scales fell from Saul’s eyes, and he could see again. He got up and was baptized, 19 and after taking some food, he regained his strength.

Also read Acts 22.

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Cool example so glad you asked!

Read Acts 9. Paul has the witnesses of men who were traveling with him but then more importantly - Ananais.

So, where is Ananais' direct account? We have Acts, but that doesn't seem to be recording his account.

See, the problem is that it is easy to simply say any witnesses presented are either invented or not involved in the writing process.

Upvote 0

simplegifts

Jul 7, 2012
✟8,886.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So, where is Ananais' direct account? We have Acts, but that doesn't seem to be recording his account.

See, the problem is that it is easy to simply say any witnesses presented are either invented or not involved in the writing process.

Where, when did Samsons write his story? Lot? Judas? Mary? Joseph? etc, etc. Where/ when are any of the characters of the Bible that didn't write anything down but yet their story was recorded?

Where is Mohammad's direct account? He wrote nothing.

Upvote 0

dazed

Jun 21, 2011
✟17,651.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Married
Where, when did Samsons write his story? Lot? Judas? Mary? Joseph? etc, etc. Where/ when are any of the characters of the Bible that didn't write anything down but yet their story was recorded?

Because he's an illiterate merchant. And Mohammad, pbuh, wants his followers to copy his life!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married

Yes, that's my point for all of what you wrote.

Upvote 0

dazed

Jun 21, 2011
✟17,651.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Married
Uh, no. The Prophet SAW did not want us to copy his life; he wants us to live a life pleasing to Allah SWT. Nice try though. :wave:

Are you saying that Mohammad's life was not pleasing to Allah? Aren't Muslims suppose to emulate the life of the perfect man?

Upvote 0