Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
jereth said:
I stand corrected. Thank you brother.

No prob. Sometimes one's ego gets in the way and one becomes overzealous to point out the flaws in a view. Happens to us all.

Upvote 0
S

SonicBOOM

Starforsaken said:
ok no its not. from the time of adam untill now nearly 6000 years have passed. the jews calender is in the laste 5700's i believe, but they also stopped counting years during some periods so it should be closer to 6000. in numerous places god said a day for the lord is as 1,000 years. these are not wacky ideas, perhaps you should do some research before you speak. the 7th day is said to be the day of rest.

2 Peter 3:3-9

3First of all, you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires. 4They will say, "Where is this 'coming' he promised? Ever since our fathers died, everything goes on as it has since the beginning of creation." 5But they deliberately forget that long ago by God's word the heavens existed and the earth was formed out of water and by water. 6By these waters also the world of that time was deluged and destroyed. 7By the same word the present heavens and earth are reserved for fire, being kept for the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men. 8But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. 9The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

a little bit of hereminutics and this passege comes to light, Peter is saying that God's timeline is not like people's timeline, God knows but people don't and God promises! So when scoffers come we can cling to that promise, there are no references to Genesis on here, there are no clues that suggest God's 7 day to 7000 year, there is not even one refrence to the millional reign here

like I said, wacky ideas protrayed as fact

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.