Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hello All. So, lemme preface this by saying I have a habit of often times reading into things that aren't actually there.

So, for the longest time, I've had this stipulation that I don't date coworkers. Just never really found myself attracted to anyone I work with, or it's resolved itself before i've gotten too serious (Which might happen with this one). But recently started working with a new person, and she's really fun to talk to, and we seem to get along. (Full discretion: this might just all be in my head. As I said before, I read into things a lot). Been finding myself attracted to her, but for a while, hadn't really entertained the thought due to my "I don't date coworkers" thing. Granted, that's mostly cause my coworkers, for the most part, live lives of this earth. Anyways, been finding myself thinking about her a lot, and the other day, when she was stressed about having accidentally messed up her work rotation (We bump to various spots throughout our venue), I hover-handed over her arm, and she proceeded to put her hand on my arm, albeit both were briefly as I was telling her she wasn't the first to do it, and she won't be the last.

Here's my major issue though: Going off social media, there's roughly a 9 year age difference between us. (I graduated from high school in 2009, her Facebook profile says she started in 2014, graduated in 2018). Not sure why, but it really seems weird to me for that wide of an age difference. Granted, part of it could be the fact that I volunteer in my church's student ministry, and most of the other volunteers are older than that. So...anyone have any advice? (Just googled to see what the Bible specifically says about age differences, and the first site i came across says there are 0 verses about it, and one of the only age differences mentoined in a couple is Abraham and Sarah).

• Friendly
Reactions: lismore

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Hello All. So, lemme preface this by saying I have a habit of often times reading into things that aren't actually there.

So, for the longest time, I've had this stipulation that I don't date coworkers. Just never really found myself attracted to anyone I work with, or it's resolved itself before i've gotten too serious (Which might happen with this one). But recently started working with a new person, and she's really fun to talk to, and we seem to get along. (Full discretion: this might just all be in my head. As I said before, I read into things a lot). Been finding myself attracted to her, but for a while, hadn't really entertained the thought due to my "I don't date coworkers" thing. Granted, that's mostly cause my coworkers, for the most part, live lives of this earth. Anyways, been finding myself thinking about her a lot, and the other day, when she was stressed about having accidentally messed up her work rotation (We bump to various spots throughout our venue), I hover-handed over her arm, and she proceeded to put her hand on my arm, albeit both were briefly as I was telling her she wasn't the first to do it, and she won't be the last.

Here's my major issue though: Going off social media, there's roughly a 9 year age difference between us. (I graduated from high school in 2009, her Facebook profile says she started in 2014, graduated in 2018). Not sure why, but it really seems weird to me for that wide of an age difference. Granted, part of it could be the fact that I volunteer in my church's student ministry, and most of the other volunteers are older than that. So...anyone have any advice? (Just googled to see what the Bible specifically says about age differences, and the first site i came across says there are 0 verses about it, and one of the only age differences mentoined in a couple is Abraham and Sarah).
9 years is not that much. One of the most blessed couples I've known were 14 years apart.

• Agree
Reactions: Llleopard
Upvote 0

NaturallyGone

ילד של האל הופרדו את אחד אהבת אמת
Apr 18, 2010
Florida
✟16,057.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
In a few years, a 9 year age difference won't be nearly as big. It's bigger when she's not old enough to drink, or when she hasn't exited school for real life yet.
Funny you should mention that.... Not ENTIRELY certain, but fairly sure her birthday next month will be her 21st. Assuming that due to the 9 year difference in when we graduated high school, and the fact I turn 30 next month.

Overall, great advice and guidance. Thank you all

Upvote 0

Fish55

Jun 10, 2020
singapore
✟39,185.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi, if she is very matured for her age and you are a little younger than your age, then it should be okay.
But take note that after marriage, it can become rather different. She is exposed to the younger generation's paradigm while you are of a mature group. The thinking of both of you maybe very different.
So pray and fast and ask God if she is the right one for you. Ask her friends and your friends whether you all seem compatible.
So wish you all the best and may the relationship work out.
God bless you.

• Agree
Reactions: Sodafox
Upvote 0