• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Afraid Sharing exam results

Discussion in 'College Life' started by Andrew98, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Andrew98

Andrew98 Well-Known Member

+273
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single
    When you get exam results should you be telling other people what you get in them? I normally do quite well in exams and because of this feel awkward telling people my results.
    I’m remain quiet about how I perform at college and wonder do people think I’m secretive in an odd way.
    Any help about how to deal with this issue I appreciate as I’m not very good at deciding what to do in social situations.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. ChristianGirl_96

ChristianGirl_96 Well-Known Member Angels Team Supporter

+1,105
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    In Relationship
    Praying! Also maybe try telling one person at a time.

3. eleos1954

eleos1954 God is Love Supporter

+2,872
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others
    It they ask ... then tell them the truth ... How did you do on the math exam? 80%

Otherwise no reason to bring it up ... if they want to know they will ask you.

If you want to know what someone thinks about something ... ask them .... what you think they might be thinking is quite futile and often times wrong.

4. Franki(ncense)

Franki(ncense) Relax! Oluwa's running the show...

+721
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Private
    You don't have to no unless they've asked.

5. Andrew98

+273
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single
    If they ask then do I say exact results?

6. Hazelelponi

Hazelelponi Well-Known Member Supporter

+4,575
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    Is it a concern about pride?

This isn't something I'd particularly worry about, Jesus had supernatural gifts and had no shame in pointing out the One who gave them.

And you can do the same, for example: "GOD be praised as He gave me the gift of doing well academically, so that I can go on to do even greater things in His Name!"

Nothing wrong with pointing to God as the giver of a gift... :) we all have a testimony... sometimes they seem small, but they aren't.

7. Andrew98

+273
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single
    I sort of feel embarrassed. Someone may say “I got 60% in that tough exam. I’m happy with that” then I say “Well done, it was quite tough questions” then they ask how did I do. Then I say “I got 95%”. It just feels very awkward for me saying that.

8. Hazelelponi

+4,575
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    I was one like that, for me exams were always easy. But it's nothing to be embarrassed about.

I do believe in the scenario you posed that your going about the conversation incorrectly to begin with though, because when asked the direct question it appears your initial response was insincere at best, and only made to placate the friend.

Try just being honest to start. If someone walks up and leads the conversation with; "I got a 60% on that test", you could respond by saying "testing for me is reasonably easy so long as I put adequate time in to prepare, but not everyone has the same amount of ease with testing overall so you should be happy with that outcome."

That way your not coming across as insincere when asked the direct question about your score.

9. Andrew98

+273
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single
    Thanks. Everybody has different targets so if I said that type of thing it was to be nice to them as they probably reached their target. I set myself higher targets and I worry that people think I’m full of myself for sharing my honest results.

10. Hazelelponi

+4,575
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    Nah... we aren't carbon copies of one another, and we weren't intended to be. Just be you.

11. Andrew98

+273
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single
    So I be open to people about what I got?

12. Franki(ncense)

Franki(ncense) Relax! Oluwa's running the show...

+721
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Private
    Yes because by so doing you're being truthful. The moment they learn, of how you have excelled by far above them, it will have taught them a lesson not to pry too much next time.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
  13. Andrew98

+273
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single
    I don’t feel comfortable

14. public hermit

public hermit social troglodyte Supporter

+3,414
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others
    I know what you mean, maybe. I always did well in school and learned quickly that some resented it. So, I became very evasive when asked. I would say, "Oh, I did okay." Or, some such thing.

In general, I had a favorite line I would say when I didn't want to tell someone something. I would say, "I couldn't tell you the truth." And, I would say it in some offhand way, as if to say, "Who knows?"

The other thing I learned to do was simply avoid people. I was socially distant before it was cool. That's not real helpful guidance, but true, nonetheless

It would help if people would simply rejoice with the success of others, but that's not the kind of world we live in.