Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello,
I am new here!
I’m looking for some advise from fellow believers.
My husband and I are both believers of god, but I want to deepen my relationship with god.
He is not I’m the same page as me when it comes to this, as he doesn’t feel he needs to and it is not easy to convince him.
I do pray every night to find answers and help on getting him to want to be more encouraging on our relationship with him, as I believe it is important as a married couple to both be equally committed to god.
Any advice?
Thank you in advance!

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Welcome to CF!

I suggest carefully studying everything you can about husbands and wives, marriage in general, problems in marriage, stories of the experiences of wives, marital duties of each, roles within the church, in the bible. Also seek the counsel of your pastor.

Good luck and God bless.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Hello,
I am new here!
I’m looking for some advise from fellow believers.
My husband and I are both believers of god, but I want to deepen my relationship with god.
He is not I’m the same page as me when it comes to this, as he doesn’t feel he needs to and it is not easy to convince him.
I do pray every night to find answers and help on getting him to want to be more encouraging on our relationship with him, as I believe it is important as a married couple to both be equally committed to god.
Any advice?
Thank you in advance!
Number one, don't push or nag him.
Number two, don't push him or nag him.
Number three, don't push him or nag him.
I hope you get the picture.

Your best hope of encouraging your husband is to become an example yourself. If you push him, he is much more likely to dig in his heels and become resentful. Love him to bits. You can convict him of his shallowness much more by attitude and action than by words.

I am divorced and I used to go to a men's group. It was more a whinge session about how badly we were treated and I stopped going. One evening, one of the guys had some highly inappropriate pictures on the screen. He called me over, I took one look and just walked away. I said not a word. He apologised to me later, saying that he was utterly convicted. I was somewhat surprised but I learned a good lesson.

If and when he gets on the same page with you, you will enjoy studying the word, praying and having fellowship all the more. It may take time. It is worth it.

Upvote 0

Falyn Cooke

Mar 31, 2020
Fort Worth
✟7,813.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Welcome to CF!

I suggest carefully studying everything you can about husbands and wives, marriage in general, problems in marriage, stories of the experiences of wives, marital duties of each, roles within the church, in the bible. Also seek the counsel of your pastor.

Good luck and God bless.

Thank you !

• Friendly
Reactions: Deade
Upvote 0

Falyn Cooke

Mar 31, 2020
Fort Worth
✟7,813.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Number one, don't push or nag him.
Number two, don't push him or nag him.
Number three, don't push him or nag him.
I hope you get the picture.

Your best hope of encouraging your husband is to become an example yourself. If you push him, he is much more likely to dig in his heels and become resentful. Love him to bits. You can convict him of his shallowness much more by attitude and action than by words.

I am divorced and I used to go to a men's group. It was more a whinge session about how badly we were treated and I stopped going. One evening, one of the guys had some highly inappropriate pictures on the screen. He called me over, I took one look and just walked away. I said not a word. He apologised to me later, saying that he was utterly convicted. I was somewhat surprised but I learned a good lesson.

If and when he gets on the same page with you, you will enjoy studying the word, praying and having fellowship all the more. It may take time. It is worth it.

thank you very much:)

• Friendly
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
John's First Epistle is wonderful in its content about the idea of walking in the light, fellowship with the Father and with His Son Jesus Christ, assurance of faith in God's Son, and similar themes.

God bless you and your dh.

Upvote 0

maintenance man

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2018
California
Visit site
✟485,795.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Welcome to the forums!

You're right. Getting on the same page in your walk with the Lord is important.

You will need help. If you're attending a church that will be your best resource for help. If you're not attending a church you should find one and seek help there. Go slow. Take it one step at a time. It may take a long time to get your husband where you want him to be spiritually, but if you seek God with all your heart his light will shine through you and in time your husband's heart will open.

I'm praying for you and your husband right now.

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,617.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Welcome to CF.

Agree with not bringing it up anymore and just pursuing your relationship with God.

Eph 5:33 says for husbands to love your wives and wives respect your husbands. What does respect look like to your husband?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
thank you very much:)
Another suggestion, check out Mark Gungor. He is renowned for his marriage seminars that are entertaining but also totally pragmatic. I'd suggest that you and your husband watch them together. You can buy the videos or watch them free on you tube. I'm divorced and not really looking, but I found his comparison between male and female thinking incredibly helpful.

Upvote 0

Falyn Cooke

Mar 31, 2020
Fort Worth
✟7,813.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Welcome to CF.

Agree with not bringing it up anymore and just pursuing your relationship with God.

Eph 5:33 says for husbands to love your wives and wives respect your husbands. What does respect look like to your husband?
I have no complaints with my marriage. As he works very hard for me and I do for him. He is a believer of god as am I. We are starting to read the Bible together. And he has agreed to find a church with me soon.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Deade

Called of God
Site Supporter
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, OK
Visit site
✟274,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hello Falyn Cooke,
welcome to CF.

I hope you'll enjoy your stay here.

View attachment 274063

079f0551165fa6aca5702fdfa65b588e.gif

Reactions: Falyn Cooke
Upvote 0

Esther2286

Dec 10, 2018
Rochester
✟19,641.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi there,

I am so glad to hear that you are looking to grow your faith. Have you read the book called, “The Power of a Praying Wife?” Or watched the movie, “War Room?” I believe that God knows the heart and hears the prayers. For me, I focus more on my own relationship and Spiritual growth with the Lord, pray for my husband, family, and friends, and let go. God is bigger and is able to move mountains on our behalf. Your husband watches what you do, listens to what you say, and sees God move on your behalf. We are a witness and God gets the glory. Right? Keep praying, my friend! God bless you, your husband, and your family.

Upvote 0

AllDayFaith

Sep 15, 2018
Spring Hill
Visit site
✟76,307.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I believe it is important as a married couple to both be equally committed to god.
Yes I agree with you on that. My advice would be to seek God's face everyday, and when your husband sees you do that, he will want to follow also.

Upvote 0