Advice? Prophetic word?

Mar 29, 2016
usa
✟18,323.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I am at a place where I am fairly sure of my my calling but I dare not accept it. That probably sounds weird to most people, it looks wierd when I read it but thats where I'm at. Over the last I don't know 7 years? I have this turmoil in my heart fighting to believe and not to believe, calling it God will and calling it only pride.

I've had multiple experiences and dreams but I always dare not accept because it could be pride lurking in my heart.

I had a dream where I had this sword made of light but I kept saying sure someone else and I put it in the ground like the sword in the stone, then someone else would come along and try to pull it out and a voice from heaven would shout "unworthy!" And I would reach my hand out and the sword would just fly back into my hand from where it was at, this happened multiple times.

I get the underlying message of the dream, but how does one come to the point where one accepts the calling God has put there as not being born of pride? How does one move past this feeling that it could be pride lying to me in my dreams?

Prayer would be greatly appreciated or if anyone is blessed with words of wisdom or of discerning of spirits or of interpretation of dreams, I don't know ow if there is a way to privately message but if so I would chat like that as well.

Thank you for your consideration.

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟189,351.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well if it's a call from God, then it's not from pride. Now you can let pride sneak in and take control of that calling, but God's calling will never come from pride. That would mean God is the source of pride then which is clearly not the case.

Upvote 0
Mar 29, 2016
usa
✟18,323.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Well if it's a call from God, then it's not from pride. Now you can let pride sneak in and take control of that calling, but God's calling will never come from pride. That would mean God is the source of pride then which is clearly not the case.
Yeah, I guess that's what my heart fears, is that pride will enter in? I don't know. I need to face whatever is causing the turmoil in my heart for sure.

Reactions: Hidden In Him
Upvote 0

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟189,351.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, I guess that's what my heart fears, is that pride will enter in? I don't know. I need to face whatever is causing the turmoil in my heart for sure.
We all have that struggle, pride can come in many forms and fashions. I wouldn't let it stop you from fulfilling your calling, because then you are giving into fear, if you are not following God's call because you FEAR it may be from pride or lead to pride.

Just stay humble, sounds simple right? lol I know it's not that easy.

Stay laser focused on Jesus. Keep Him ever in the front of your heart and thoughts. Serve others out of love and you'll find pride has no place to rest in a heart that is full of love.

4 Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant 5 or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; 6 it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. 7 Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
1 Corinthians 13:4-7

Upvote 0

Pioneer3mm

Site Supporter
Aug 12, 2018
North America
✟551,411.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am fairly sure of my my calling but I dare not accept it.
If you have a calling to ministry, it will happen/unfold..
- whether you accept it or not.
- in His time..
---
Some people (who have a calling to ministry) go through struggles/waiting & being broken..
- sometimes..years.
---
I am saying this..from experience.
- during my journey.
---
My advice is..
- find out about..your spiritual gift/ministry gifting.
- continue to wait on the Lord.
---
Also, I hope you can find mature Christians (with ministry experience)..who can help & guide you.
- near where you live..
---
More of discernment & clarity to you..

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GTW27

Aug 31, 2007
Western Pa
✟203,936.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am at a place where I am fairly sure of my my calling but I dare not accept it. That probably sounds weird to most people, it looks wierd when I read it but thats where I'm at. Over the last I don't know 7 years? I have this turmoil in my heart fighting to believe and not to believe, calling it God will and calling it only pride.

I've had multiple experiences and dreams but I always dare not accept because it could be pride lurking in my heart.

I had a dream where I had this sword made of light but I kept saying sure someone else and I put it in the ground like the sword in the stone, then someone else would come along and try to pull it out and a voice from heaven would shout "unworthy!" And I would reach my hand out and the sword would just fly back into my hand from where it was at, this happened multiple times.

I get the underlying message of the dream, but how does one come to the point where one accepts the calling God has put there as not being born of pride? How does one move past this feeling that it could be pride lying to me in my dreams?

Prayer would be greatly appreciated or if anyone is blessed with words of wisdom or of discerning of spirits or of interpretation of dreams, I don't know ow if there is a way to privately message but if so I would chat like that as well.

Blessings! The more unworthy one feels, the more likely the calling. As in, "I am nothing and He is all" and "I am the least of His sons or daughters" It is the lowly that He exalts. A humble vessel He can use. In a true calling, it is The Lord that is Glorified through the believer as it will be Him working through the believer. All Glory, Honor, and Praise, belong to The Lord and The Lord alone.

Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

The answers you received were excellent, especially GTW's. The fact that you are worried about pride is itself a good sign you are worthy. And by the way, that happens a lot when it comes to stronger callings. God has to get very selective because a lot of people are not worthy. I've seen it in dreams concerning others, and I've sometimes been warned in dreams not to go searching out someone for a particular partnership in ministry, because only the one He chose was to be accepted, and I was not to start "fishing" around for someone myself.

The sword is most important of all, IMO, because without it you will never be a true threat to the enemy, so the dream has very good imagery, and it's basically saying you just need to get with the program and stop looking at yourself either way. You need to accept the calling and submit to God, because it likely won't be going away.

if you would like to discuss any of it further, let me know and I can send you a conversation.
Hidden

Upvote 0

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟164,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican

If your dreams are very vivid and absolutely unforgettable, then they are of GOD and to be accepted. He will reveal their meaning in due time. It is good to ask Him for the meaning also instead of relying upon other people. Get your answers from the source.

Some dreams are instructive, some are warnings, some reveal facts that are either current or past, and some reveal situations that you will ultimately get into in the future. Some of those situations can be avoided if you pray for them to not to come to pass. In some ways, the dream was given to you to do just that.

Don't be afraid of what GOD has in store for you. Just pray for Him to help you reach that point. Don't rely upon yourself.

If you are being given a sword to use then do everything that He needs you to do to take that sword up and use it. Some people are chosen for specific works by GOD such as Paul, I would assume you are being groomed into something great with GOD. Don't be afraid of it, just keep telling yourself "it's not about me, it's about Him." That needs to be your constant mantra in life, and you'll be just fine.

Also, it's about learning everything you need to finish the race GOD has for you and running it well. You're not the only one that will be given a sword as you seen, some will be given an even more powerful one than that, just stay close to Him, learn how to get into worship and fellowship with Him and you'll make great progress together. Remember, it's not about you, it's about Him.

Upvote 0

Serena23

Sep 6, 2023
St. Paul
✟8,012.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I think you've received some good advice here. I would add that it is every believer's call to go out and preach the gospel to all the earth. It is a lie of the enemy that suggests you don't have a powerful calling to serve and build the Kingdom. Of course, we each have gifts and callings from God that are specific to what our work will be, but everyone's goal is to increase and build up the Body of Christ. Submit to the Lord and tell Him you will do anything He asks of you.

I think your best option is to take a step in the direction you believe you are called in and see what happens. I will say, the enemy doesn't want you to take up a sword (the Sword of the Spirit) and start fighting for Team Jesus. So it's probably not the enemy telling you to do something.

As far as pride goes, you are wise to be wary of it. However, don't let that be a roadblock for the works you are meant to do for God. Make it part of your daily prayers to ask the Lord to lead you not into temptation (the Lord's Prayer!). Pray for a pure heart and righteous motives. Ask and you will receive. God will take care of you if you put your trust in Him.

Continue to work on hearing the voice of the Lord so you can ask Him for more guidance and receive clearer answers than dreams. You can also ask Him to tell you what your dreams mean. I recently discovered a method for quieting my carnal mind so I can hear the voice of the Lord. It is a simple prayer/command: "Mind, submit to my spirit. Spirit, take me to the Father." Wait a moment until everything goes quiet. Then speak to the Lord and expect an answer.

God bless you!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
My self I would not go by dreams. You can ask Him to confirm His word by the mouth of two or three.
That's sad. In my long history of walking with the Lord He has spoken to me many times through dreams and visions, just as the scriptures say he would.

Upvote 0

I's2C

Aug 28, 2021
North Platte
✟35,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Scripture tells us in the end days: Joe 2:28 And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:
7 in Biblical numeric's means "spiritual completeness" is it time to stand up?. If GOD has a determined path for someone they are elected to do HIS will. Reminds me of Saul whos free will was to persecute Christians but GOD had other plans and Paul became a chosen vessel that he could not stop; Paul became what he persecuted a CHRIST man whos commission was a 3 level ministry preaching to gentiles kings and Israels who were abroad. Thing I dont get from your post is why you think pride has anything to do with it? I am missing something.

Upvote 0

Lost Witness

Ezekiel 3:3 ("Change")
Nov 10, 2022
New York
✟97,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

That's an awesome dream.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟736,252.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Psa 132:3-5 "Surely I will not go into the chamber of my house, Or go up to the comfort of my bed; I will not give sleep to my eyes Or slumber to my eyelids, Until I find a place for the LORD, A dwelling place for the Mighty One of Jacob."

Find a place for God every day, and He will guide you.

Upvote 0
Mar 29, 2016
usa
✟18,323.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Scripture tells us in the end days: Joe 2:28 And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:
7 in Biblical numeric's means "spiritual completeness" is it time to stand up?. If GOD has a determined path for someone they are elected to do HIS will. Reminds me of Saul whos free will was to persecute Christians but GOD had other plans and Paul became a chosen vessel that he could not stop; Paul became what he persecuted a CHRIST man whos commission was a 3 level ministry preaching to gentiles kings and Israels who were abroad. Thing I dont get from your post is why you think pride has anything to do with it? I am missing something.
I suppose I just find it easier to believe that it is pride? I suppose I am just trying to find every reason why I am wrong, maybe I am just running from God?

Upvote 0
Mar 29, 2016
usa
✟18,323.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The answers you received were excellent, especially GTW's. The fact that you are worried about pride is itself a good sign you are worthy. And by the way, that happens a lot when it comes to stronger callings. God has to get very selective because a lot of people are not worthy. I've seen it in dreams concerning others, and I've sometimes been warned in dreams not to go searching out someone for a particular partnership in ministry, because only the one He chose was to be accepted, and I was not to start "fishing" around for someone myself.

The sword is most important of all, IMO, because without it you will never be a true threat to the enemy, so the dream has very good imagery, and it's basically saying you just need to get with the program and stop looking at yourself either way. You need to accept the calling and submit to God, because it likely won't be going away.

if you would like to discuss any of it further, let me know and I can send you a conversation.
Hidden
Do you know anyone particularly gifted with interpretation?

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟834,158.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married

My wise old pastor once told me that if I wanted to know more about the prophetic and be able to distinguish God's voice apart from the voices of the world, flesh and the devil, is to be a person of prayer and of the Word. What he meant was that a person needed to have continual fellowship with God in prayer and have a full, comprehensive knowledge of the Bible.

God has said everything He has to say to mankind through the pages of the Bible, and so if we need a prophetic word, then it comes from the Bible. This is because the Bible is a living book, infused with the Holy Spirit, so when we search the pages of the Bible for answers, the Holy Spirit is involved to lead us to the place in the Bible where we will find the answers we need.

So, if anyone came to me asking for guidance or a prophetic word, I would say, "If you want to know the will of God for your situation, read the Bible, and if you want to do the will of God, do the Bible" When Peter said that "we have a more sure word of prophecy", he meant the written Scriptures.

Upvote 0