Advice for New Ministry Wives

piano mom

Oct 20, 2011
✟7,611.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I have been the wife of a music pastor for 14 years now. You posted this is May, so are you married now? The fact that you are seeking advice shows that you have a teachable spirit.(a very admirable quality in a wife of a music minister.) What kind of advice are you seeking. Advice really is broad unless you know the responsibilities your husband has, and if you have musical talent as well. Do you minister to your church through this area as well? If you have specific questions, I would be happy to share what has helped me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm not longer a minister's wife... but was 26 years. There is so much to share... but I think for the wife just starting out... make sure your husband sets the rules with the church as to how much they should (or should not) expect from you. Depending upon the size of the church, they may expect to get your help "free" like a packaged deal when they only pay him. It will be tough enough "just" being a minister's wife...don't take on any additional roles, please, for a while. Once you both fully agree with and understand how the church respects you, then you might wish to... there are many reasons behind limiting what you do in the church...but you don't need to hear the downsides at such a happy time! :D

Upvote 0