Visit site
✟1,506,545.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I put this together for my parish, but thought I'd share it here in case it could be useful for anyone else:

Attachments

• Advent action calendar (1).pdf
    65.9 KB · Views: 2

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟840,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Thank you! This is great. May we share it? I will say, I'm going to have to figure out something else for the 13th. For the life of me, I can't enjoy poetry. I have tried and tried, but I just can't make sense of it. I may save that action for Lent! ;)

Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,506,545.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Thank you! This is great. May we share it?

Go for it! I figure if I put the time into doing something like that, the more people who benefit, the better.

I thought this might be good particularly for the families on the fringe of my parish; the ones we don't see all the time (or very often) but who might be willing to try something different for a season.

I will say, I'm going to have to figure out something else for the 13th. For the life of me, I can't enjoy poetry. I have tried and tried, but I just can't make sense of it. I may save that action for Lent! ;)

Take them all as suggestions! I'd rather prompt people to think about what helps them in their spiritual life, and why, than have them plod through the actions just because that's what I put in the box. :)

Upvote 0

Mountainmike

Site Supporter
Nov 2, 2016
Northern uk
✟561,189.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I put this together for my parish, but thought I'd share it here in case it could be useful for anyone else:
Lovely document: One you might add...
"find someone who you have had a lingering argument with...go and make peace with them!"

Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,506,545.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Yes, we have a summer Advent and Christmas here. If anything I'd be worried that something might get too much sun and shrivel before it puts down roots. :)

But, you know, feel free to get creative; perhaps you can donate the cost of a tree to a desert-reclamation project, or the like...

Upvote 0

everbecoming2007

Dec 4, 2012
wherever I am at any given moment
✟70,470.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single

Advent is a contemplative time for me, as is Lent, but so is all the year in a way. It is also a time of action, as is all the year. But Advent gives us a certain time of focus, preparation, and transition.

Upvote 0